25. Josh McCown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
26. Brian Hoyer, Cleveland Browns
27. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars
28. EJ Manuel, Buffalo Bills
29. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans
30. Geno Smith, New York Jets
31. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Houston Texans
32. Matt Cassel, Minnesota Vikings

This list is irritating to me but I like the top four. Five through twenty four seem really mixed. RGIII out of the top twenty? Anyone care to share their lists?
Romo and Flacco are WAY too high.
the criteria is probably very blurry. you have guys who had bad seasons in 2013 at 10 and 11 and i assume they're there for being former sb mvp's. lists like this are hard because is it a career acheievment award? or a where are you at now award?
Originally posted by Empire49:
Romo and Flacco are WAY too high.

Agree! I have difficulty listing players other than putting them in groups. Any list is going to be questionable but I'm always surprised by Jaworski's erratic lists. He was a QB and would seem to be a good choice to make a list...but I never come close to agreeing with him.
jaworksi is just an espn mouth piece sent out there to say things to get a response. i bet this list has guys out of place just to spark debate. just like last year when he said kap could be the greatest qb of all time or whatever, i love kaep but even i dont believe that,.
Originally posted by crabman82:
the criteria is probably very blurry. you have guys who had bad seasons in 2013 at 10 and 11 and i assume they're there for being former sb mvp's. lists like this are hard because is it a career acheievment award? or a where are you at now award?

Yes, definately jumps them up the list, but Flacco has had one truely good year. Hard for me to give him this much credit. Also don't think Luck should be at five until he has a couple of really good years (and this from a fan of Luck's--from Stanford on).
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM ]
Kaepernick had a higher season QB rating than five of the QB's listed above him. Just sayin'

I'm assuming Jaws thinks some of them just had a "down year," but you could say the same thing for Kaepernick.
Originally posted by crake49:
Kaepernick had a higher season QB rating than five of the QB's listed above him. Just sayin'

I'm assuming Jaws thinks some of them just had a "down year," but you could say the same thing for Kaepernick.

I see Kaepernick, RGIII, and Luck as all being capable of becoming the new stars of the league. To have them rated where they are seems confused...none have won the super bowl and their teams are vastly uneven. CK plays for the best team, Luck the second and RGIII plays for a disaster...partly his making, but none the less.
I get that Andrew Luck is a real good young quarterback, but he's rated at #5 and Kaepernick is rated at #13. I've pointed this out before, but again, this is what bothers me about the 5 to 13 thing:

Career QB rating: Kaepernick 93.8; Luck 81.5
Completion %: Kaepernick 59.8; Luck 57
TD %: Kaepernick 4.9; Luck 3.7
Int %: Kaepernick 1.7; Luck 2.3
YPC: Kaepernick 13.2; Luck 12.0

Now, when you get to scheme-based stats, Luck wins
Passing yardage per game: Kaepernick 157.7; Luck 256
TD Passes: Kaepernick 31 (23 starts); Luck 46 (32 starts)
Yardage: Kaepernick 5,046; Luck 8,256

Like I say, I get that Luck is real good. What I don't get is why someone has him rated 8 levels above Kaepernick. That actually doesn't make any sense to me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kap should be #1

I get that Andrew Luck is a real good young quarterback, but he's rated at #5 and Kaepernick is rated at #13. I've pointed this out before, but again, this is what bothers me about the 5 to 13 thing:

Like I say, I get that Luck is real good. What I don't get is why someone has him rated 8 levels above Kaepernick. That actually doesn't make any sense to me.

here i'll help you, he was picked as the next great qb in college, hes come in and done pretty well. he will always be at the top of this young qb group until someone blows his stats away. basically they've (the media) decided that if it close or even luck gets the nod. you have to blow his stats away to be considered better.
  • Jiks
Top 5 is ok, but the rest of this list blows.
here i'll help you, he was picked as the next great qb in college, hes come in and done pretty well. he will always be at the top of this young qb group until someone blows his stats away. basically they've (the media) decided that if it close or even luck gets the nod. you have to blow his stats away to be considered better.

Of course you're spot on. Media narratives are hard to break.

I have defended Kaep and Russell before in arguments with most of my friends who root for teams outside of the NFCW. Their argument is can Kaep and Russ lead their team without the defense? I imagine that was one of Jaws criteria for his list. I then argue can any of those teams come in and beat said defenses. Mind you we had 3 of the top defenses in the league and 3 teams with winning records in our division.
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
I have defended Kaep and Russell before in arguments with most of my friends who root for teams outside of the NFCW. Their argument is can Kaep and Russ lead their team without the defense? I imagine that was one of Jaws criteria for his list. I then argue can any of those teams come in and beat said defenses. Mind you we had 3 of the top defenses in the league and 3 teams with winning records in our division.

If that was Jaws' criteria, then he must not have been watching the playoffs in 2012. Because the Niner defense gave up an average of about 30 points a game in those playoffs and the Niner offense kept them in the running down to the end.
Share 49ersWebzone