LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

NFL Sunday Ticket Now Available for iOS, PC and Game Consoles!

Shop 49ers game tickets
"Satellite television provider DirecTV looks set to offer a standalone subscription to its popular NFL Sunday Ticket package for the first time, meaning cord-cutting football fans can follow the action this fall on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac without mounting a dish to their roof."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/07/16/nfl-sunday-ticket-coming-to-ios-mac-for-2014-season-with-no-satellite-subscription-needed

Prices are still pretty steep, but you don't need a DirectTV subscription to get Sunday Ticket! This is pretty awesome, I'll definitely be subscribing to it this year.
Originally posted by Psinex:
"Satellite television provider DirecTV looks set to offer a standalone subscription to its popular NFL Sunday Ticket package for the first time, meaning cord-cutting football fans can follow the action this fall on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac without mounting a dish to their roof."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/07/16/nfl-sunday-ticket-coming-to-ios-mac-for-2014-season-with-no-satellite-subscription-needed

Prices are still pretty steep, but you don't need a DirectTV subscription to get Sunday Ticket! This is pretty awesome, I'll definitely be subscribing to it this year.

They've always offered this. All you had to do was sign up online for the streaming (only) package. Officially speaking, it was only available if you couldn't get their regular service in your area.....but nobody bothered to check so hey, it did the job just fine for me.

In any case, another option to watch football is never a bad thing.
According to the NFL.com link: "The service is only available to those who: 1) live in apartment buildings where DirecTV service is unavailable; 2) live in metro New York, Philadelphia or San Francisco; or 3) attend college at Michigan (Ann Arbor), Alabama, Washington, Texas (Austin), USC, Florida, Colorado (Boulder), Syracuse, Ohio State or Harvard."

This is good news for those of us living in the SF metro, but anyone not meeting the criteria above (like myself), will have to pay for DirecTV or find alternatives.
Originally posted by baltien:
They've always offered this. All you had to do was sign up online for the streaming (only) package. Officially speaking, it was only available if you couldn't get their regular service in your area.....but nobody bothered to check so hey, it did the job just fine for me.

Yeah, I've ordered this in the past but this time they are checking eligibility based on your address. They won't let me sign up this year.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Yeah, I've ordered this in the past but this time they are checking eligibility based on your address. They won't let me sign up this year.

Yep, I'm not eligible either.
I wish the NFL would offer GamePass to everybody.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Overkill:

Yep, I'm not eligible either.
I wish the NFL would offer GamePass to everybody.

Yeah, this eligibility bs is really pissing me off. It's bad enough that they are charging $200 for the service. I wonder if you could just set a random address or if they will check your billing address against the one you give them. Sooner or later, the NFL is going to realize that satellite tv is not going to be reach the widest audience for their service.
Originally posted by ltrain:
According to the NFL.com link: "The service is only available to those who: 1) live in apartment buildings where DirecTV service is unavailable; 2) live in metro New York, Philadelphia or San Francisco; or 3) attend college at Michigan (Ann Arbor), Alabama, Washington, Texas (Austin), USC, Florida, Colorado (Boulder), Syracuse, Ohio State or Harvard."

This is good news for those of us living in the SF metro, but anyone not meeting the criteria above (like myself), will have to pay for DirecTV or find alternatives.

Yeah I am not elgible in WI. Effin Direct TV, got my hope up and all. a******s.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Rarely do I want to watch any other team besides the niners anyway and my area broadcasts all the niner games (northern CA). I just think its pricey for streaming service though. That fact that you have to watch it on your PC or mobile device and even then your internet service has to be decent.
Share 49ersWebzone