LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Classy move by the Seahawks...who knew they had it in them?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Very classy by the hawks! Gotta feel for the guy, his whole life played out to this point. Then door slammed in his face. He will always have the memories...got lil money for his efforts. Classy by the hawks for sure.

Brown as an example against our organisation? In the real world ignorance aint always bliss...no offense i like brown. Sad reach 12thfan.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I dunno... I am thinking that the lack of response might be actually better than any sign of meltdown, just like it would have been if Crabs kept walking when Sherman gave his fake handshake. Don't give them anything. f***ers.

True, and babies don't like it when you pay them no attention... dick sheman being such an attention hoochie would cry
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I remember we had a troll last year (was banned) by the name of (I think this is the name) 'seahawkmomma' or something like that, talking nonsense like "i love you my 49er children" blah blah blah... I'm beginning to think that the reincarnation is 12thfan
Originally posted by frankie:
Very classy by the hawks! Gotta feel for the guy, his whole life played out to this point. Then door slammed in his face. He will always have the memories...got lil money for his efforts. Classy by the hawks for sure.

Brown as an example against our organisation? In the real world ignorance aint always bliss...no offense i like brown. Sad reach 12thfan.

I said this when it occurred, but I'll say it again. Brown deserved to lose his bonus because he was ignorant to the terms of his own damn contract. I never understood why players would rather work out on their own as opposed to with their teammates in the first place, but that's a different argument altogether.

You better believe that if it were me, i would know every stipulation in that contract and I would abide by every single one of them to ensure maximum profit (if that was in my interest, which it definitely would be).

His agent dropped the ball and so did T. Brown. I thought he was an idiot then and I still think he's an idiot to this day. I was also firmly against gifting him that money in good faith at the time and I'm still glad they didn't do it.
[ Edited by Empire49 on May 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM ]
If this had been the Seahawks and a Seahawks player I would be asking the same question. If they wanted him at camp then why not contact him and make sure he understands his contract? VD just held out of voluntary OTA's and is losing $200,000 for doing so and I have no problem with that, He is aware of his choice and the cost of it and is willing to risk losing the money because he wants to leverage a new contract.

Brown and his agent screwed up but there isn't anything in any contract anywhere saying that the team couldn't have made sure he knew what he was losing. It's smart business to also make sure your players are happy and hopefully prevent them from feeling like their employer just capitalized from their mistake. You can bet it had something to do with why he chose to sign with the Raiders (of all teams) for similar money to what the Niners offered rather than staying with you guys. He fired his agent right after the ordeal and essentially fired the Niners FO by signing with a crappy team for similar money.

Whether the FO was right or wrong in doing it isn't the question. You lost one of if not your best CB in the same offseason you lost your probowl SS and your veteran slot corner, That's alot to recover from and it very likely could have been avoided unless you believe he just liked the Raiders better than the Niners of course.

Please, tell us more. I'm learning so much.
What in the hell is this 12th fan guy? Some kind of Hags Super Hero? Dude comes in a defends everything Seahag in a room full of the faithful? Annoying.....

Sure, class move by the Hags, but they are still the Hags no matter how they get painted. If they wanted to do something classy they would wire Sherman's jaw shut and put Carroll on a high dose of valium.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
It's curious that such a condition could go un-detected/diagnosed for so long for an athlete at that level. But, as heart-broken as he must be seeing his dream of playing in the NFL shattered, the bright side is that at least his condition was finally diagnosed - before a possible 'on the field' tragedy.

Heh
Originally posted by 12thfan:
If this had been the Seahawks and a Seahawks player I would be asking the same question. If they wanted him at camp then why not contact him and make sure he understands his contract? VD just held out of voluntary OTA's and is losing $200,000 for doing so and I have no problem with that, He is aware of his choice and the cost of it and is willing to risk losing the money because he wants to leverage a new contract.

Brown and his agent screwed up but there isn't anything in any contract anywhere saying that the team couldn't have made sure he knew what he was losing. It's smart business to also make sure your players are happy and hopefully prevent them from feeling like their employer just capitalized from their mistake. You can bet it had something to do with why he chose to sign with the Raiders (of all teams) for similar money to what the Niners offered rather than staying with you guys. He fired his agent right after the ordeal and essentially fired the Niners FO by signing with a crappy team for similar money.

Whether the FO was right or wrong in doing it isn't the question. You lost one of if not your best CB in the same offseason you lost your probowl SS and your veteran slot corner, That's alot to recover from and it very likely could have been avoided unless you believe he just liked the Raiders better than the Niners of course.

go hawks!
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Makes me think of Gaines Adams.

I had no idea that guy had died... sucks I was a fan of his in college

First you assume that the team knew and understood what was happening at the time that it did. I very much doubt Marathe keeps tabs on who is and who is not at off seasons workouts while they are happening, and I very much doubt any of the coaches and trainers care to know what is in a players contract. The Niners didn't know until after the fact because if you really think about it how can you come to any other non agenda'd conclusion? Assuming the team knew Brown was losing 2m when he was is your assumption, and it is indeed making you look like an Equus.

Brown was an above average corner, but not our best corner and wouldn't have been starting had he stayed. Stop making it more than it is.

As for Vernon Davis, I bet you any amount you want that the team didn't tell Davis he would be forfeiting 200k by skipping the off season program. He and his agent knew this, because they are professionals.

I know exactly what is expected of me at work. My families livelihood dictates that I know exactly what is expected of me and the situations in which I am earning or losing money. ANYONE in ANY job is just as responsible, and rarely does an employer feel the need to babysit their employee. The fact that you expect an organization to do so is your issue and not a blemish on the 49ers.

And to be honest, even though they did win the SB, the Cawks could still use the positive PR since many harbor suspicions of cheating to this day, the Niners needed no such positive PR at the time of Brown contract snafu.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by frankie:

I said this when it occurred, but I'll say it again. Brown deserved to lose his bonus because he was ignorant to the terms of his own damn contract. I never understood why players would rather work out on their own as opposed to with their teammates in the first place, but that's a different argument altogether.

You better believe that if it were me, i would know every stipulation in that contract and I would abide by every single one of them to ensure maximum profit (if that was in my interest, which it definitely would be).

His agent dropped the ball and so did T. Brown. I thought he was an idiot then and I still think he's an idiot to this day. I was also firmly against gifting him that money in good faith at the time and I'm still glad they didn't do it.

I agree with ya 100% When playing with big numbers like this, you make sure you know what's up with your paper!!! No one in the real world calls you every day to remind you, if you don't go to work. your jobs not gonna pay you! s**tty wit the mix up yes, but something he should have known!!
In the end was a very big hurt to wallet for brown tho......
Originally posted by 12men_at_once:

go hawks!

Its like they're multiplying
Originally posted by Quest4six:

go hawks!

I really wish our forum would adopt some policies closer to .net in regard to rival fans. First sign of the slightest disrespect or incitement=banning. I come to this forum to chat with and read the opinions of 49ers fans, not to swing dicks with Seadderall Shecawk fans.

"Well nobody is forcing you to post....blah blah f**king blah".

This is a FORTY NINERS FORUM.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 31, 2014 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:

go hawks!

Despite their increasing numbers, their aggregate contribution remains at zero.
Share 49ersWebzone