LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Andre Johnson, might want out of HOU

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think the Browns still have the most cap room AND Josh won't be around for a while!

Why would he go from one s**tty team to another? If he's unhappy with the Texans, I doubt he'll be any happier with the Browns.
<html><body><div>There was a temporary error. Please try back later.<!-- User webzone_david already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections --></div></body></html>

Who knows Money make the world go round.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinersNorth:
THIS MAKES FAR TOO MUCH SENSE NOT TO HAPPEN...

Texans trade the disgruntled Andre Johnson to the Niners for Michael Crabtree!!!

Both sides should jump on this trade, RIGHT NOW. With the Niners recent actions leading up to the draft and over the course of draft weekend, it looks almost as if they have come to grips with the fact that working out an extension with Crabtree is just not going to happen. That in mind, if you're Big Trent, how do you not pull the trigger on this move?!

Don't get me wrong, I am a Crabtree supporter (to an extent). Is Crabtree, when 100 percent healthy, the best wide out on your roster? Absolutely. But the frustrating reality with their current complement of WRs is they are all the same receiver, to varying degrees. Crabtree, Boldin and now Johnson (Stevie)... All good (S. Johnson) to great (Crabtree) possession receivers.

What Andre Johnson brings, despite his aging body, is an element that the Niners still sorely miss. A BIG bodied target that will draw the attention of opposing secondaries both over the top and in the red zone. Insert Andre Johnson for Michael Crabtree in the dying seconds in Seattle 4 months ago. Insert Andre Johnson in the back right corner of that end zone in New Orleans 15 months ago... I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're still not sitting on 5 Lombardi trophies.

Add to this the fact that Crabtree in all likely hood will not be resigned and is highly unlikely to draw the lucrative WR franchise tag, and this makes FAR too much sense for the Niners not to pursue.

From the Texans perspective, you are getting younger at the position and adding an elite ball catcher to your offense, that is an excellent complement to the speedy DeAndre Hopkins. Crabtree would be going home to Texas and an extension signed with his home state Texans would be FAR more likely. Crabtree's elite ball skills would also aid in the development of a young QB (Savage) for the next few years.

And don't give me the crap about making the dollars work... If the Niners want to get this done, they make the dollars work. This is really a 2 year proposition. The Niners can walk away from the last season of Johnson's contract, after the 2015 season and would only take a 2.5 mil cap hit for doing so.

BAALKE, GET THIS DONE!!!

From an ability standpoint yes, but financially no way. Andre Johnson's cap hit this season alone will be $15.6 mil and his current contract doesn't expire until the end of the 2016 season.

The only way this can happen is if the Texans cut him, then we can discuss a deal from a clean slate and hopefully he will give a major playoff if not potential Super Bowl discount.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Texans trade the disgruntled Andre Johnson to the Niners for Michael Crabtree!!!

Both sides should jump on this trade, RIGHT NOW. With the Niners recent actions leading up to the draft and over the course of draft weekend, it looks almost as if they have come to grips with the fact that working out an extension with Crabtree is just not going to happen. That in mind, if you're Big Trent, how do you not pull the trigger on this move?!

Don't get me wrong, I am a Crabtree supporter (to an extent). Is Crabtree, when 100 percent healthy, the best wide out on your roster? Absolutely. But the frustrating reality with their current complement of WRs is they are all the same receiver, to varying degrees. Crabtree, Boldin and now Johnson (Stevie)... All good (S. Johnson) to great (Crabtree) possession receivers.

What Andre Johnson brings, despite his aging body, is an element that the Niners still sorely miss. A BIG bodied target that will draw the attention of opposing secondaries both over the top and in the red zone. Insert Andre Johnson for Michael Crabtree in the dying seconds in Seattle 4 months ago. Insert Andre Johnson in the back right corner of that end zone in New Orleans 15 months ago... I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're still not sitting on 5 Lombardi trophies.

Add to this the fact that Crabtree in all likely hood will not be resigned and is highly unlikely to draw the lucrative WR franchise tag, and this makes FAR too much sense for the Niners not to pursue.

From the Texans perspective, you are getting younger at the position and adding an elite ball catcher to your offense, that is an excellent complement to the speedy DeAndre Hopkins. Crabtree would be going home to Texas and an extension signed with his home state Texans would be FAR more likely. Crabtree's elite ball skills would also aid in the development of a young QB (Savage) for the next few years.

And don't give me the crap about making the dollars work... If the Niners want to get this done, they make the dollars work. This is really a 2 year proposition. The Niners can walk away from the last season of Johnson's contract, after the 2015 season and would only take a 2.5 mil cap hit for doing so.

BAALKE, GET THIS DONE!!!
He probably wants to get the hell outta there even more, now that the new HC has already named Ryan Fitzpatrick the starting QB. WTF I didn't even know Harvard boy was on the Texans. I'm sure Houston fans are just excited beyond belief. Makes me feel even luckier to have a real franchise QB in Kap.
<html><body><div>There was a temporary error. Please try back later.<!-- User webzone_david already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections --></div></body></html>

dafuq
Originally posted by Zachary:

dafuq

David shouldn't have more than max user connections, dammit.
Originally posted by fropwns:

BAALKE, GET THIS DONE!!!

I agree with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Trade a cheaper/talented 26-year old, for a more expensive 32-year old.....no thank you.

I understand Johnson is great player. Better player than Crabtree. But it's short-term, and short-term moves are not good for a teams future.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by fropwns:

BAALKE, GET THIS DONE!!!

I agree with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Trade a cheaper/talented 26-year old, for a more expensive 32-year old.....no thank you.

I understand Johnson is great player. Better player than Crabtree. But it's short-term, and short-term moves are not good for a teams future.

we wont be going after Andre ...and THATS THE BOTTOM LINE
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
we wont be going after Andre ...and THATS THE BOTTOM LINE

haha! Well done

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Why would he go from one s**tty team to another? If he's unhappy with the Texans, I doubt he'll be any happier with the Browns.

Too watch Johnny football on the bench. Lol he will probably get the nod to start tho. 1st rd pick n all
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/andre-johnson-i-dont-know-if-ill-play-for-the-texans-this-year/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Pretty bold statement there, if he leaves I'm thinking they have one of the worst offenses in the league. Losing Tate, Schaub, and Johnson?
Who's left? Deandre Hopkins and a beat up Arian Foster?
Originally posted by Quest4six:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/andre-johnson-i-dont-know-if-ill-play-for-the-texans-this-year/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Pretty bold statement there, if he leaves I'm thinking they have one of the worst offenses in the league. Losing Tate, Schaub, and Johnson?
Who's left? Deandre Hopkins and a beat up Arian Foster?

You have to figure if he leaves they will need a couple players in return for someone to pick up his salary which would actually be a net gain in an offense that stripped of talent. Mind I DONT think we should do it, but for example for us to get him in here we would have to part ways with LMJ, Bolden and Big Mike just to fit his salary in. Most teams in the league are in the same position because it is too late in the game...the money has been spent.
HIs salary is the problem. If we could do the trade with both of them having equal sized contracts, I'd do it, but would still want a throw in draft pick from houston (Michael Crabtree is still a few years younger after all).

I feel really bad for the guy. I can imagine that fan base feeling about Andre Johnson the same way we feel about Frank Gore. The guy deserves a chance to win and it is unfortunate that Houston has essentially pissed that opportunity away.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Has reported to camp.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000368676/article/andre-johnson-shows-up-for-houston-texans-camp
Share 49ersWebzone