• Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Panthers should be all over this IMO.

Or the Browns.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Panthers should be all over this IMO.

Or the Browns.

Yeah cuz that's so much better than the Texans. Saints I can see or even the Cowpies. Make him a Niner just so Cawks don't get him. F**k them up w/ 4-wide of Johnson & Johnson (fun to say over and over again), Boldin and Crabs. Not that it would ever happen, but we really need to cock block the Cawks whenever possible.
THIS MAKES FAR TOO MUCH SENSE NOT TO HAPPEN...

Texans trade the disgruntled Andre Johnson to the Niners for Michael Crabtree!!!

Both sides should jump on this trade, RIGHT NOW. With the Niners recent actions leading up to the draft and over the course of draft weekend, it looks almost as if they have come to grips with the fact that working out an extension with Crabtree is just not going to happen. That in mind, if you're Big Trent, how do you not pull the trigger on this move?!

Don't get me wrong, I am a Crabtree supporter (to an extent). Is Crabtree, when 100 percent healthy, the best wide out on your roster? Absolutely. But the frustrating reality with their current complement of WRs is they are all the same receiver, to varying degrees. Crabtree, Boldin and now Johnson (Stevie)... All good (S. Johnson) to great (Crabtree) possession receivers.

What Andre Johnson brings, despite his aging body, is an element that the Niners still sorely miss. A BIG bodied target that will draw the attention of opposing secondaries both over the top and in the red zone. Insert Andre Johnson for Michael Crabtree in the dying seconds in Seattle 4 months ago. Insert Andre Johnson in the back right corner of that end zone in New Orleans 15 months ago... I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're still not sitting on 5 Lombardi trophies.

Add to this the fact that Crabtree in all likely hood will not be resigned and is highly unlikely to draw the lucrative WR franchise tag, and this makes FAR too much sense for the Niners not to pursue.

From the Texans perspective, you are getting younger at the position and adding an elite ball catcher to your offense, that is an excellent complement to the speedy DeAndre Hopkins. Crabtree would be going home to Texas and an extension signed with his home state Texans would be FAR more likely. Crabtree's elite ball skills would also aid in the development of a young QB (Savage) for the next few years.

And don't give me the crap about making the dollars work... If the Niners want to get this done, they make the dollars work. This is really a 2 year proposition. The Niners can walk away from the last season of Johnson's contract, after the 2015 season and would only take a 2.5 mil cap hit for doing so.

BAALKE, GET THIS DONE!!!

Texans trade the disgruntled Andre Johnson to the Niners for Michael Crabtree!!!

Both sides should jump on this trade, RIGHT NOW. With the Niners recent actions leading up to the draft and over the course of draft weekend, it looks almost as if they have come to grips with the fact that working out an extension with Crabtree is just not going to happen. That in mind, if you're Big Trent, how do you not pull the trigger on this move?!

Don't get me wrong, I am a Crabtree supporter (to an extent). Is Crabtree, when 100 percent healthy, the best wide out on your roster? Absolutely. But the frustrating reality with their current complement of WRs is they are all the same receiver, to varying degrees. Crabtree, Boldin and now Johnson (Stevie)... All good (S. Johnson) to great (Crabtree) possession receivers.

What Andre Johnson brings, despite his aging body, is an element that the Niners still sorely miss. A BIG bodied target that will draw the attention of opposing secondaries both over the top and in the red zone. Insert Andre Johnson for Michael Crabtree in the dying seconds in Seattle 4 months ago. Insert Andre Johnson in the back right corner of that end zone in New Orleans 15 months ago... I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're still not sitting on 5 Lombardi trophies.

Add to this the fact that Crabtree in all likely hood will not be resigned and is highly unlikely to draw the lucrative WR franchise tag, and this makes FAR too much sense for the Niners not to pursue.

From the Texans perspective, you are getting younger at the position and adding an elite ball catcher to your offense, that is an excellent complement to the speedy DeAndre Hopkins. Crabtree would be going home to Texas and an extension signed with his home state Texans would be FAR more likely. Crabtree's elite ball skills would also aid in the development of a young QB (Savage) for the next few years.

And don't give me the crap about making the dollars work... If the Niners want to get this done, they make the dollars work. This is really a 2 year proposition. The Niners can walk away from the last season of Johnson's contract, after the 2015 season and would only take a 2.5 mil cap hit for doing so.

BAALKE, GET THIS DONE!!!
Originally posted by NinersNorth:

BAALKE, GET THIS DONE!!!

Actually it makes no sense whatsoever. Johnson makes way more money than Crabtree and he's a lot older. I know people are now acting like it's a foregone conclusion that Crabs will leave in FA but that's just not the case. We are deeper at the position but in reality, Boldin has 2 years on his deal, he's older and won't be around in a couple years. I like Stevie Johnson but I don't want him as my #1 WR, Ellington and Patton have proved absolutely nothing yet. Adding a 33 year old Johnson over the much young Crabtree means we're old at the position with our starters and even more expensive than we would be if we extend Crabs.
Originally posted by crabman82:
as a fan of the U its honestly a bit sad to know johnson and gore are on their last legs

Frank has one big season left in him ...how many seasons have we brought in talented running backs to "keep frank fresh" ...we all know Frank likes to play and hates to come out of the game , and I imagine he will get the lions share of the carries again this year ...this is franks team until he decides to hang up his cleats , which will be after we win #6 this year
Originally posted by crabman82:
as a fan of the U its honestly a bit sad to know johnson and gore are on their last legs

Frank has one big season left in him ...how many seasons have we brought in talented running backs to "keep frank fresh" ...we all know Frank likes to play and hates to come out of the game , and I imagine he will get the lions share of the carries again this year ...this is franks team until he decides to hang up his cleats , which will be after we win #6 this year
Originally posted by matt49er:
Actually it makes no sense whatsoever. Johnson makes way more money than Crabtree and he's a lot older. I know people are now acting like it's a foregone conclusion that Crabs will leave in FA but that's just not the case. We are deeper at the position but in reality, Boldin has 2 years on his deal, he's older and won't be around in a couple years. I like Stevie Johnson but I don't want him as my #1 WR, Ellington and Patton have proved absolutely nothing yet. Adding a 33 year old Johnson over the much young Crabtree means we're old at the position with our starters and even more expensive than we would be if we extend Crabs.

Yes Johnson makes way more money... in 2014. 6.5 million more than Crabtree for 2014. IF Crabtree were to re-sign (which I cannot believe will happen), who's going to bring in more in 2015? Do you think Crabtree is going to sign an extension that pays him less than 10 million a season (Johnson due 10.5 in '15)? Not likely. Their contracts would be a wash in 2015, it is solely the 2014 hit that you must absorb.

I fully understand that this makes you much older at the position. But this is an elite roster, the best roster in the NFL. You have to capitalize on your opportunities when you have them, instead of punting them away, as has been done the past two seasons.

The Niners should be setting up for '14 the way they setup for '94. The Seahawks are the target, you don't care about anyone else. Just like the '94 roster was built with one goal, beat the Cowboys! Andre Johnson, regardless of age, gives the 49ers offense a dimension they don't have. A dimension that can directly neutralize the Seahawks physical secondary.

Forget the extra 6.5 million in salary, forget 2015, forget 2016... Add the piece that you need to beat the Seahawks in 2014 and go out and get 'er done!
He will be a Patriot by the end of the week

He's not getting traded lol
I kinda think the texans will challenge the Colts for the division, dude is trippin
s**t i would take him in a heart beat
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Baalke`s going to work his magic and get him and the Texan's first rounder in 2015 for LMJ
[ Edited by Buchy on May 14, 2014 at 9:22 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
^Baalke would talk them to taking Baldwin the next Randy Moss for an old beat up AJ. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone