LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Andre Johnson, might want out of HOU

Shop 49ers game tickets
Johnson, in an interview with the Houston Chronicle,

""When you bring a new coach in, you go through a rebuilding process," Johnson said. "Some people say it's not. Some people say it's a quick fix. Everybody has their own opinion. But I've been through the situation more than once."

"Nobody's been here as long as I have. You just kind of look at things; I've been thinking about things this offseason," Johnson said. "And I just kind of wonder sometimes, 'Is this still the place for me?' "

"I just look at my career. … I've only been to the playoffs twice. I think we've only had three winning seasons," said Johnson, who at least twice last season expressed his frustration on the field during games. "I don't think any player wants to experience that. I think over time it can become very frustrating. And this offseason has been very frustrating for me; beginning of the offseason, I should say. That's just kind of where I'm at right now."

First off, I don't think we are going to pick up Andre Johnson... Nor do I want him, but anybody else have a feeling this guy might wind up in the NFC west?
Do you even think the Texans trade him away?
  • titan
  • Veteran
I would want him on my team! If he was to leave Houston I think he would go to a team like Panthers, Ravens, or even Pittsburgh.
Baalke will get him for a 6th
  • mod
  • Veteran
I feel bad for the dude... great great great player
Don't see a trade this season with his almost $12 million cap hit to the Texans
Do it nooooooaaaaawww!!!

Lol,but really,I know theres no room now,but Id still love him on this team.Have loved his play since his time at The U.Class act,stand up guy who deserves better than what they have provided down there.He would fit right in here.
Great receiver but he'll be 33 in July.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
As long as he doesn't go to Seattle.

He'll end up in Seattle. The Johnson pickup/lousy draft will motivate them.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I feel his pain... dude is heading near the end of his career and probably thinks their (as a team) window closed. Fitzpatrick/Yates... he's seen them all and not one of them are taking Texans to promise land. Savage needs to be groomed, but by then Andre will be old.

I wouldn't want the Patriots or Broncos to get him. He'll die if he comes to the NFC west.
[ Edited by LVJay on May 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM ]
as a fan of the U its honestly a bit sad to know johnson and gore are on their last legs

• 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
as a fan of the U its honestly a bit sad to know johnson and gore are on their last legs

I feel you man Gore still one of our favorites forever though =)
Panthers should be all over this IMO.
Originally posted by crabman82:

This! It's one of those things that makes me realize how fast time has flown by. I remember watching Johnson shred Nebraska like yesterday.
anybody know how many years he's got left on his deal?
Originally posted by matt49er:
anybody know how many years he's got left on his deal?

at least 3
Share 49ersWebzone