LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 365 users in the forums

NFL personnel believe Rams, Vikings have discussed Sam Bradford trade

Shop 49ers game tickets
This could be thread of the year.... make it happen BuZzB. Blow it up.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
He's a bad quarterback, so the Vikings will probably give up a second or third round pick. I hope he sticks with the Rams throughout his entire career.
Originally posted by DVDA:
He's a bad quarterback, so the Vikings will probably give up a second or third round pick. I hope he sticks with the Rams throughout his entire career.

a second or third? Bradford has no playoff experience, coming off an ACL tear, inconsistent, and he is in the last year of his contract. I think a 4th or 5th is the right price..i mean its not like they have a Baalke who can just totally take advantage of other teams in trades. But hey...some of the NFLs best analyst said we wouldnt get more than a 4th for alex smith lol so anything is possible
[ Edited by JustinNiner on May 5, 2014 at 9:29 PM ]
Who the hell would take Bradford s contract? He is making more than Luck and Cam combined
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Would hate to see Bradford leave the division.

Having a rookie take over wouldn't be the worst thing in the world against our defense. The idea has merit.
Bradford - he's a poor man's Alex Smith.
Don't think it'll happen, but let's play "Devil's Advocate":

If the Vikings do trade for Bradford, I can see this package:

Vikings get: Sam Bradford and Pick #13 (Round 1)

Rams get: Picks #8 (Round 1), #96 (Round 3)

With this trade, the Vikings get what they haven't had since Dante Culpepper, a QB entering their prime. Say what you want, but Bradford put up great numbers in college and (when healthy) can put up numbers in the NFL. The one thing he's lacked in his time in StL is a real OL, which the Vikings have with Kalil/Johnson as bookend OTs and strong interior with Sullivan leading the way. With additional help fortifying the OL (Trai Turner/Gabe Jackson anyone?) using their 2nd and/or 3rd rounders, Bradford will have, for the first time, a real OL with the best RB in the NFL in Peterson, WR talent in Jennings/Simpson/Wright, a safety blanket TE in Ruldolph, and a potential superstar all-around talent in Cordarrelle Patterson. Also, will allow Minnesota to fix the Safety position at #13 with Haha Clinton-Dix.

For the Rams, they get their choice at QB in the draft at #2, and still get a Top 3 OT at #8 (hopefully Matthews who knows Manziel's tendencies). I'd expect Manziel at #2, since he's mobile enough to make up for short-comings at OL and he'd be on a team that plays a minimum of 10 games indoors, limiting number of possible "bad weather" games. Also, he'll have a young up-and-coming RB in Stacy to help alleviate the offensive load and Manziel is infamous for turning WRs into stat machines, so expect Austin/Quick/Givens/Britt/Cooks to have good numbers (also, still have later picks in a WR deep draft). The one thing the Rams can provide that Manziel has NEVER had is a Top 10 defense to protect his high scoring offense.

Overall, both would succeed in the trade, but it could backfire for both if both QBs suck for their squads (Bradford shows he just can't overcome his injury history and Manziel doesn't adjust to the pro game). This would favor the Vikings, though, since Bradford will be near the end of his contract and can be cut easily and the Vikings will get another high pick for a QB. As for Rams, due to the fixed rookie pay scale, they won't fall prey to the same handcuffs they had with Bradford.
I agree with the assessment on Bradford.

I think he's going through a bit of Alex Smith redux here.....bad environment, offensive coaching/coordination on a defensive oriented team, etc.

Vikings for what it's worth could be a legit team instantly with a QB -- making the playoffs with Ponder tells you a lot. Granted Peterson carried them more in 2012 than 2013, but I think a good QB would make Peterson a scarier threat than before, and they do have some talent at WR.

Bradford is probably not THE answer at QB, but I do think he takes the Vikings farther than they could with Ponder.
Why some of Viking fans saw me what I said.. They wanna trade Sam Bradford for Viking.. ...

(Yelling.!!) grab Sam Bradford for us now.. Come on guys!.. We need him for backup the best. He is best to throw the ball than Kap.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Who the hell would take Bradford s contract? He is making more than Luck and Cam combined

zero guaranteed money left on his deal

Originally posted by AUniner:
This could be thread of the year.... make it happen BuZzB. Blow it up.

They heard me and rumored me that my name nickname BuzzB. I am a famous for spread to them.
Jeff Fisher said. Rams said not shopping Sam Bradford.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347187/article/jeff-fisher-st-louis-rams-not-shopping-sam-bradford
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

might be the other way around

bradford 59tds 39 picks after 4 years

alex 37 tds 53 ints after 4 years

both missed time with injuries and played with marginal talent
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

might be the other way around

bradford 59tds 39 picks after 4 years

alex 37 tds 53 ints after 4 years

both missed time with injuries and played with marginal talent
I would give Bradford 18mill before AS
Share 49ersWebzone