LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Chiefs playing hardball with Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
PFT has zero credibility. have we not learned anything, Webzone?

"But a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the discussions are moving very, very slowly."

BULLSH*T!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:
On a serious note and ignoring the usual anti Smith crud from the usual anti Smith posters, I have difficulty with this one. The Chiefs are not great at drafting quarterbacks (and this is being incredibly polite, check out their draft record). Are they seriously trying to get anyone to believe that they can not only produce, against all odds, an NFL-quality qb in the draft, but that they can also get him ready to start by 2015?

The Chiefs? Like, Alex's agent is going to have difficulty keeping a straight face on this one.

How many QB's has the current administration there drafted? Because nothing else that happened before then matters anymore. The notion that teams are "good" at this or "bad" at that is usually pretty fluid depending on who is in charge at any given moment. The only real exception to this is teams with overly involved owners such as Al Davis with the Raiders and Jerry Jones with the Cowboys.

I would normally agree with you. But….. name me the last starting quarterback of any ability drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. In their franchise history.
The truth is, Andy Reid wants a QB who is accurate with the deep ball, and Alex ain't that dude! BOOM!
Originally posted by verb1der:
The truth is, Andy Reid wants a QB who is accurate with the deep ball, and Alex ain't that dude! BOOM!

so who is he going to draft who will be that dude straight away?

my vote: its another Interwebs fantasy. Just part of the negotiation.
Knowing the chiefs history they'll wait until Colin is 38 and sign him for a couple years.
Originally posted by English:

so who is he going to draft who will be that dude straight away?

my vote: its another Interwebs fantasy. Just part of the negotiation.

It could be part of negotiation, either way, this goes to show that even the Chiefs aren't sold on Smith, because if they were he would've been extended a long time ago.

I'm sure Reid has done his QB research on these young dudes.
  • Jiks

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boast:

"But a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the discussions are moving very, very slowly."

BULLSH*T!

Ian rapaport also reported it.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Oh sure, a video showing an accumulation of him throwing deep in his 9 year career proves he's an accurate deep ball passer lol. More than half of those passes are jump balls. lol

Anyways, it's not literally his accuracy, but more his "mentality". He doesn't like attacking deep, and that's not Andy Reid's philosophy.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by boast:

BULLSH*T!

Ian rapaport also reported it.

Don't you people get it yet? These lazy lamers make stuff up based on gossip and other lazy lamers read and then repeat in their columns. Then someone like you can say "Ian Rapaport also reported it." So what? It's beyond me that some people still believe what they read in places like PFT until they see it happen with their own eyes.

Gonna wait and see how this plays out
No one threw a prettier deep pass in the playoffs then Smith's TD to Avery. Fact.
Poor Alex Smith. Dude's career has been a roller coaster of BS
Wish nothing but the best for him, also F$%^ the Cheifs FO
Not even a story to me. The more money that's involved, the more difficult it is to negotiate a new deal. Drew Brees had a difficult time negotiating an extension with the Saints, and that was AFTER he won them a SB. Nobody knows what Alex wants, nobody knows what the Chiefs want. They'll meet somewhere in the middle and get a deal done, like everyone else.
Originally posted by captveg:
No one threw a prettier deep pass in the playoffs then Smith's TD to Avery. Fact.

Debatable...
That one that Kap threw over Thomas (I think it was Chancellor) to Boldin in the end zone was pretty nice as well.
Literally was 1 inch above Thomas hands right into Boldin's chest
Share 49ersWebzone