LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

What is the media's fetish with the Broncos?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I watched a video on NFL.com that said they are stronger on offense and defense and if they start 3-0 in 2014 they will be "unstoppable". Wait what? Wasn't this basically the same team that just got dominated by the Hags? I mean we beat the Hags in the regular season then took them down to the wire in the NFC CG. The Broncos are just another soft AFC team to me. Is there now a trophy for "winning" the offseason?
[ Edited by KapToBoldin on Apr 29, 2014 at 8:13 AM ]
Because of Peyton Manning. If he wasn't their QB the Broncos would be an ordinary team.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Because of Peyton Manning. If he wasn't their QB the Broncos would be an ordinary team.

/thread

This x 1000. Had Manning gone to Houston, the media would be all over the Texan's nuts now.
... that and the fact that the front office just went on a FA spending binge.
They should focus on Peyton Manning being the biggest choke artist in the history of the NFL
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Most fans love offense and Manning set season passing records last year, and of course whatever the fans like gets the most media attention.
Manning + Elway = Media Darling.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
They should focus on Peyton Manning being the biggest choke artist in the history of the NFL

LOL this. Peyton Manning has 13 seasons where his team won 10+ regular season games.... and he has only 1 ring to show for it, against Rex Grossman.
[ Edited by KapToBoldin on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This x 1000. Had Manning gone to Houston, the media would be all over the Texan's nuts now.

This plus Manning only has 2 years left at the most IMO -- wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up after this year. Media recognizes this and is using them as click-bait for offseason traffic.

Living in Colorado Springs I hear about the Broncos on a daily basis...it gets old, really old, so I try to stay away from it as much as I can. The Denver media is especially unbearable at times...when the Broncos are winning, all's great. The minute they don't their media's looking for scapegoats and pointing fingers. Worst media I've been around since living in Texas and all their fawning over the Cowboys. That said, I love Peyton...he's as good of a role model as you'll ever see. He's also very media savvy, has a great sense of humor, etc. Things will be different this coming season, though...for one, they lost a lot of players, and while they did make some good signings, only time will tell if it's enough. They play the NFC West this year...so there could be 3 definite losses for them and depending on how the Rams unfold, maybe a 4th. The AFC is soft, especially defensively, so they've pretty much cake-walked their way into the playoffs. Lastly, it'll be tough just to get back to the SB again...look how close the Niners came, yet still fell a tad short. Our defense is among the best in the NFL, so unless Denver can overcome the NFC West (very unlikely) they could be looking at 11-5, best case, 10-6 very possible next season.
in the media certain guys pick certain teams to side with. the bronco's have one of the leagues top 5 rosters so its no surprise some guys are siding with them. this league is unpredictable and there are no experts or whatever, its just an opinion.
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:

LOL this. Peyton Manning has 13 seasons where his team won 10+ regular season games.... and he has only 1 ring to show for it, against Rex Grossman.

LOL @ "against Rex Grossman." As if it matters who you beat in the Super Bowl.

I guess Peyton is a guy you either love or you hate, there's no middle ground. Most people hate him on this forum, apparently.

I like how when a person's favorite team loses a game, it's always a "team" effort. When we lost with Alex, it was the whole team that lost that game. But when you hate a QB, all of a sudden, it isn't a team effort anymore - all the blame goes to that QB. Sadly, some people actually do that with Kap around here, but that's another story.

Bottom line, if Peyton had any semblance of a defense in Indi, he probably would be working on his 4th ring by now. You can call him a choke artist all you want, but the fact is they were only in that position because of Peyton in the first place. His entire team was trash without him. Look what happened to the Colts the one year he was out. Worst team in the NFL. But sure, let's ignore that and blame Peyton anytime he doesn't win the Super Bowl, as if he has had an entire team full of great players and he just single-handedly blew the whole game. Sure.

You need a defense. Period. Even an average performance would be enough. He never got it, except one year - and he happened to win the Super Bowl that year. It wasn't a coincidence.

Last year, there's no way you can tell me the rest of the Broncos showed up in the Super Bowl. The entire team was pathetic. But hey, let's blame it all on Peyton. The other 52 guys that didn't bother to show up to the game had nothing to do with the Seahawks raping them.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:

LOL @ "against Rex Grossman." As if it matters who you beat in the Super Bowl.

I guess Peyton is a guy you either love or you hate, there's no middle ground. Most people hate him on this forum, apparently.

I like how when a person's favorite team loses a game, it's always a "team" effort. When we lost with Alex, it was the whole team that lost that game. But when you hate a QB, all of a sudden, it isn't a team effort anymore - all the blame goes to that QB. Sadly, some people actually do that with Kap around here, but that's another story.

Bottom line, if Peyton had any semblance of a defense in Indi, he probably would be working on his 4th ring by now. You can call him a choke artist all you want, but the fact is they were only in that position because of Peyton in the first place. His entire team was trash without him. Look what happened to the Colts the one year he was out. Worst team in the NFL. But sure, let's ignore that and blame Peyton anytime he doesn't win the Super Bowl, as if he has had an entire team full of great players and he just single-handedly blew the whole game. Sure.

You need a defense. Period. Even an average performance would be enough. He never got it, except one year - and he happened to win the Super Bowl that year. It wasn't a coincidence.

Last year, there's no way you can tell me the rest of the Broncos showed up in the Super Bowl. The entire team was pathetic. But hey, let's blame it all on Peyton. The other 52 guys that didn't bother to show up to the game had nothing to do with the Seahawks raping them.

they built that team top heavy on O for him. aside from freeney and sanders they didnt use a first rounder on anyone note worthy on D. most of the picks went on O, dallas clark, reggie wayne, edgerrin james, anthony gonzalez, joseph addai. peyton manning is a great player but he is incedibly un-clutch. even in college he was 0-4 vs his main rival florida. the problem is pretty quickly he was annointed the greatest thing since sliced bread, people act like he created an offense all by himself and so on. so when he failed time and time again people just got tired of hearing about how he is the GOAT.
They have a much tougher schedule this year, and a lot of the media comments ignore that they have lost more pieces than they gained. Some of their free agents need to prove themselves too.

They may end up better, but ultimately their media love is down to Elway and Peyton more than any other factor
Share 49ersWebzone