LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 168 users in the forums

49er Fan sues NFL over Playoff tickets

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He might not get paid, but this complaint could be enough for the NFL to (think) about some changes... the CAWKS weren't the only team to do it (Patriot fan might as well try to sue Denver, etc...)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
that sucks and is b******t

oh and

even their woman are men

more like meet the 12th man jaw

Dolph Lundgren as an undercover CAWK fan
Originally posted by AUniner:
Wow is that for real? Or just happened that way this season? Gotta say that's pretty unreal that they only get 1 home primetime game this year. I would understand if it was the Raiders or the Browns but not Seattle.

Primetime games are based off of money.
Bigger and more valuable franchises get more primetime games (thats why the boys are always on)

That "franchise" up north doesn't make much money for the NFL
Thats why they only have 1
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Wow is that for real? Or just happened that way this season? Gotta say that's pretty unreal that they only get 1 home primetime game this year. I would understand if it was the Raiders or the Browns but not Seattle.

Bigger and more valuable franchises get more primetime games (thats why the boys are always on)

What? I'm sure they're making plenty for the NFL. The last 3 years they've had 2 Home PT games each season. To reduce that after winning it all seems odd to me - If they have early success I expect the NFL will flex at least another.
[ Edited by AUniner on Apr 28, 2014 at 7:42 PM ]
It's not going to be "stupid" once your eyes light up reading a letter in the mail saying that you're entitled to some money thanks to this "idiot," suing the GoodellFL.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

I notice how you don't even mention their name or city... let hate flow, baby, let the hate flow on
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
The funny part is Seattle's home field advantage kicked them in the ass because they NFL won't put them in primetime for home games anymore, they only got the season opener because of tradition.

Why would they want to put a blow on on national TV at primetime? That noise advantage is waaaaay to real. It's only a matter of time before the NFL adds a penalty for excessive crowd noise.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
The funny part is Seattle's home field advantage kicked them in the ass because they NFL won't put them in primetime for home games anymore, they only got the season opener because of tradition.

It sure looks like it.

I find it to be acceptable.

That has nothing to do with it. The Seahawks have FIVE primetime games but only are at home for ONE, due to the noise advantage they have. The NFL feels it would be too much of an advantage, and would lead to a blow out on a prime time tv slot. These broadcast companies pay waaaay too much money for these games to not have a competitive game on tv. I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but I know who really runs the NFL... CBS, NBC, FOX, and ESPN. Without them the NFL is worthless.

Phase one was about all the rule changes that have been made since Roger became the commish, it has all been to make a better TV product. First he started by cleaning up the game and suspending guys like Pacman, Tank, etc. He cleaned up all the on the field celebrations, your uniform has to be a certain way, etc. Now it's a family friendly product. All the thugs get reprimanded, no more Ocho halftime shows every time he scores a td, and everyone looks nice and professional.

Phase two let's handle the old timers lawsuit and cya by installing new rules against helmet to helmet hits etc. Parents won't let their kids play the game if they feel it is an unsafe sport. They put money is USA Football, and Play 60 to help ensure the NFL has a family friendly product. Hell they even tried to make an NFL cartoon.

Phase three RULE change every year, yet reviews are limited as hell... why? It makes the games more controversial. They talked about fail marry for weeks after it happened because those controversial ending equal good ratings. If they keep messing with the rules the refs are bound to mess up calls and a honest mistake equals more ratings.
If Bill Maher didn't let me buy tix to his show because I am a Catholic, I'd sue his unfunny ass no question.

Same thing here IMO.
Discrimination.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
If Bill Maher didn't let me buy tix to his show because I am a Catholic, I'd sue his unfunny ass no question.

Same thing here IMO.
Discrimination.

They give out tix to Maher's show for free in Venice Beach. lol
that sucks and is b******t

oh and

even their woman are men

more like meet the 12th man jaw

seahawks got a manjawina

seahawks got a managina
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Apr 29, 2014 at 4:14 AM ]
The Seahawks were punished for demolishing teams repeatedly on prime time at home. If the games were more competitive we would get more. Unfortunately only Seahawks fans like to watch their team embarrass opponent's.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by TXHawk:
Originally posted by vermonator:
With all due respect sir, challenging any possible discrimination is not stupid, it is our constitutional right. It is more stupid to do nothing.

There's no constitutional right to the purchase of NFL tickets at face value or any law that restricts a private corporation from limiting sales based on region. They simply cannot discriminate based on race, religion, or sexual orientation.

This guy filed his suit without a lawyer so that should tell you all you need to know about the merits of the case.

I don't think you understand the concept of economic discrimination.

Thank you Mr Kray... Albeit, this is not as terrible as racial or sexual discrimination, but they started a revolution in Massachusetts back in the 1770's for much less.
Seems the only way they can win is by breaking the law.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24542278/ers-fan-suing-seahawks-nfl-for-50m-over-selective-ticket-sales
Share 49ersWebzone