LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

WR Stephen Hill - Offer Jets a 7th?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know Stephen Hill hasn't done much since being drafted two years ago...maybe playing on a crappy team like the Jets has something to do with it? A change of scenery might do him good. He's got the speed at WR we could use (4.36 40) and he combines that with good size (6-4, 215 lbs). Maybe the Jets would take a 7th for him? Saw this on Rotoworld today:

ESPN New York confirms that the Jets "patience is wearing thin" with third-year WR Stephen Hill.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
I know Stephen Hill hasn't done much since being drafted two years ago...maybe playing on a crappy team like the Jets has something to do with it? A change of scenery might do him good. He's got the speed at WR we could use (4.36 40) and he combines that with good size (6-4, 215 lbs). Maybe the Jets would take a 7th for him? Saw this on Rotoworld today:

ESPN New York confirms that the Jets "patience is wearing thin" with third-year WR Stephen Hill.

It will probably depend on what kind of comp they could get for him if they allowed him to play out his contract, but I'm not sure when his deal ends.
I'd be down for that. If nothing else he'd give Roman a nice downfield blocker.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
It will probably depend on what kind of comp they could get for him if they allowed him to play out his contract, but I'm not sure when his deal ends.

That's a good point. If he was drafted in 2012, his contract expires after two more seasons (in 2016), I think. His contract would be reasonable to absorb now and he could easily be worth the gamble as our speed/deep-threat WR (w/ size, which is a bonus) to keep D's honest.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'd be down for that. If nothing else he'd give Roman a nice downfield blocker.

Exactly, I was thinking that, too. With his size, hopefully he'd also be a willing blocker to fit in more with our O (besides just being a deep threat).

2015 is when he is signed through. I doubt they would get more than a 7th rd pick, unless he turns it around.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
So many good WR in this draft there won't be room for this scrub
Originally posted by Garcia:
So many good WR in this draft there won't be room for this scrub

Move him to safety lol.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Move him to safety lol.

Maybe he can play MLB?
RIP bowman
That's what happens when you overdraft based on measurables.

Exactly, I was thinking that, too. With his size, hopefully he'd also be a willing blocker to fit in more with our O (besides just being a deep threat).

He was pretty much a more polished blocker than receiver coming out of Georgia Tech and their triple option offense. Blocking has always been his strong point, it's the route running and other random receiver-related stuff that he has had troubles with.
Turn him into a DB and see what he can do.
Jon Balwin 2.0?
I did it in madden and it worked out
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He was pretty much a more polished blocker than receiver coming out of Georgia Tech and their triple option offense. Blocking has always been his strong point, it's the route running and other random receiver-related stuff that he has had troubles with.

Then with his blocking skills, he could fit right in at WR with this offense. And, send him on the occasional fly route to keep the secondary thinking & not loading the box. With his 4.36 speed and big size, hopefully he could accomplish this as he becomes more polished - he'd be a person defenses would definitely have to account for if this were to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone