LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Morris Claiborne?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
We should offer them our third and switch first rounders in 2015 and see if Jerry falls for it.

Switch first rounders? Like our 32nd pick for their 5th overall? Don't think even Jerrr is that dumb!
Givem a 3rd and a seventh. Make it happen!
i'd be down to trade for him, if the rumors are actually legit.

i just really doubt DAL would trade a young corner like Mo after having to trade up for him.
Is he good? Never really followed him
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Is he good? Never really followed him

Yes very talented.

I live in Texas, watch every boys game (stupid family memebers), forced to listen to local sports radio at work (stupid boss) and I read local papers (stupid is as stupid does), and I can tell you that Mo Clai is DEEP in the boys dog house. Why trade for him this season, when we might be able to get him dirt cheap as a free agent next off season?
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Givem a 3rd and a seventh. Make it happen!

Do it!
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I live in Texas, watch every boys game (stupid family memebers), forced to listen to local sports radio at work (stupid boss) and I read local papers (stupid is as stupid does), and I can tell you that Mo Clai is DEEP in the boys dog house. Why trade for him this season, when we might be able to get him dirt cheap as a free agent next off season?

Because we need CB help this season!
Well, how about this: if he gets cut, the other 31 teams in the league are free to negotiate with him. Someone else will probably be able to offer him more playing time or a better opportunity. If we trade a mediocre draft pick for him, we get him for sure.

By the way, I have no idea where I stand on Claiborne.

So you're saying there's a chance? As much as I like the idea for the Niners, I'm just not sure if the Cowboys would actually go through with it as he's just played two seasons and just turned 24.

Where's a link to the rumor? Is it just speculation? Haven't heard/read much about it
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Where's a link to the rumor? Is it just speculation? Haven't heard/read much about it

No rumor involving the Niners being interested in Claiborne that I know of...it was just noted that Claiborne could maybe be on the block after a tough first two seasons & maybe not being a good fit for their D scheme, etc. (I think one of their beat writers suggested earlier this month he maybe could be had for a 3rd). I'd do it for a 3rd with all the draft picks the Niners have - adding a young talent like Claiborne at a position of need and then still having five picks in the top 100.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

No rumor involving the Niners being interested in Claiborne that I know of...it was just noted that Claiborne could maybe be on the block after a tough first two seasons & maybe not being a good fit for their D scheme, etc. (I think one of their beat writers suggested earlier this month he maybe could be had for a 3rd). I'd do it for a 3rd with all the draft picks the Niners have - adding a young talent like Claiborne at a position of need and then still having five picks in the top 100.

lol no one is a good fight on defense for the dallas scheme, Ware is lucky he might have a chance now to actually win a superbowl with Denver.

Jerry is pretty freaking stupid, he did give us ER last season for nothing in a trade up, when they clearly could use a safety on that horrible passing defense.

Give him a call but a third is pretty high kids been injured a lot, Most they get is a trade player or a 6th rounder for him.
IMO. I don't see Baalke giving up much to get the guy.

I see Trent loading up on DB in the draft and I really think based on past performance he'll find a gem or 2 in the later rounds.
Its possible, he is a talented guy and Donatell is one of the best in the business.
Share 49ersWebzone