LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Lol he stayed in the same division when the iggles couldve dealt him to the afc,and couldve got a pick for it??I hope he lights their asses up for many seasons to come.

nobody offered a pick for him bc they knew he was getting cut
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
@RapSheet The #49ers made a late push for DeSean Jackson. But the #Redskins closed it out and got their guy. Deal is agreed to.

Translation-Jackson's agent pushed really hard for additional leverage to extract every dollar possible out of the Redskins.

49ers made his value go up so an NFC team would over pay
When was the last time the Niners actually signed someone they made "a late push" for?
Can't wait to draft and develop a receiver. We're so good at doing that... FML.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
When was the last time the Niners actually signed someone they made "a late push" for?

Donte Whitner
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I honestly don't understand this. Right now, our defense is playing lights out. This is our window. We need to go make a bold statement. We missed out big time on this. We need that spark on offense and DeSean was exactly what we needed. Seattle secondary hasn't done so well against smaller but fast and quick WRs.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Donte Whitner

That's right. He was supposedly locked up by Cincy. Bengals fans trashed Whitner hard after that.
Originally posted by mayo49:
When the figures come out you'll see that Jackson went for a money grab.

He signed with the 'Skins. I'd say it's pretty obvious why.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I honestly don't understand this. Right now, our defense is playing lights out. This is our window. We need to go make a bold statement. We missed out big time on this. We need that spark on offense and DeSean was exactly what we needed. Seattle secondary hasn't done so well against smaller but fast and quick WRs.

Maybe he didn't want to play here for less money and a reduced role?

Why is that so hard for some of you to understand?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:

This

Originally posted by mayo49:

This

Don't know why it's so hard to understand.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Gonna be nice almost winning a super bowl again.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
f**k it... :(
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
f**k it... :(

Got a way with words, Dino.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol...he'd be as good as Crabtree or better had he signed with us. Doubt there was going to be a reduced role.

It hard for me to understand because there is a small window to win the SB and we needed to be aggressive. Philly stupidly let go of a Pro-Bowl WR and we failed to capitalize on their mistake.

This was our opportunity to strike big. Let Seattle know we're coming for them. We could have put a little fear in them. We missed that chance. I don't get why it's so hard for some of you to not understand that.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone