There are 149 users in the forums

Daniel Kilgore Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
This should of happened years ago. He never should of been a starter.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This should of happened years ago. He never should of been a starter.

We can blame Baalke on that one...
Im glad dude is gone, he was the suxors. However, can someone help me w the contract he jus signed? I know we jus missed paying him the bonus he was due fri, but doesnt the trade leave us w some dead money at some point? Looked over a few pages of this thread n saw nothing on this.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fresh49:
Im glad dude is gone, he was the suxors. However, can someone help me w the contract he jus signed? I know we jus missed paying him the bonus he was due fri, but doesnt the trade leave us w some dead money at some point? Looked over a few pages of this thread n saw nothing on this.

He's off the 49ers books on both salary cap sites and neither show a dead cap with his contract. I think Miami took the whole deal and we avoided any guarantees because of the timeline.
Originally posted by CoachMike:
Who is stupid or otherwise will be decided on the field of play not here by opinions expressed. Football has so many variables it can make anyone seem stupid but let's not forget this is entertainment and fun and (almost) all of us are 49 fans; me since the 1950's. I remember going to a game at Kezar against the Rams and seeing only one small concession stand selling a total of about five different items.

Also, I live in Seahawk country and their fans are horrified about what is happening. Just wait to see what is coming if you think this is bad. Ha ha. It's been a rough few years for me up here.

Must have been pretty nice going to Kezar in those days.
Originally posted by jcs:

He's off the 49ers books on both salary cap sites and neither show a dead cap with his contract. I think Miami took the whole deal and we avoided any guarantees because of the timeline.

Cool, thanx.
Originally posted by dj43:
That may be overstating it a bit, however, it is a fact that California has the highest personal income tax rate in the nation, along with VERY high property value/taxes in the Bay Area. Hence, it would be accurate to say that the 49ers have to pay 15% more than Jacksonville to even out the higher cost of living here.
Jacksonville? You are a very old man.
"I had the goal of starting my career there and finishing my career there. That obviously is not going to happen. http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article205679759.html
Too many concussions? crystal ball? Nobody knows!
  • dj43

$550,000, per overthecap.

FWIW, we have $15.8M in dead money that will all come off in 2019, plus Kilgore's $550,000 and any other dead money we pick up in the meantime.
  • dj43
Kilgore was a good teammate and appeared to have a bright future until two leg injuries that prevented him from maintaining his strength. With a fully healthy off-season this year he should be able to regain some of that strength and could go on to have a couple of good years in Miami. I hope so.

• titan
  • Veteran
Such a perfect football last name KILGORE!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

oh god is that the heavy set formation that we always ran but never got more than 2 yards but roman insisted on using multiple times a game?
Kilgore said he was never asked to compete for a job at guard with the 49ers. He said he did not request a trade, either. He was told, in essence, he was no longer in the 49ers' plans.

Seems like that report from a Miami blogger that Kilgore refused to play guard and demanded a trade was 100% BS.
Share 49ersWebzone