LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Ray Rice arrested

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
I just say the video Ray hit her like she was a man. I wonder if Goodell handed down the 2 game suspension after seeing that video?

NFL says they didnt see the video until today

I don't buy that...There is no way that TMZ had this video and the NFL never saw it. There is no way TMZ out bid the NFL for that video....Goodell is lying that he didn't see that or he is incompetent. Unless the cops confiscated the video then there is no way that the NFL security couldn't get there hands on the video.

PURE B.S. FROM THE NFL

they said the Cops wouldnt release the video

O.K. say he didn't see it. Can he go back and change the punishment or is there nothing that can be done?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch

Ray Lewis will discuss the Ray Rice video tonight on Monday Night Countdown. The show airs at 5:00 pm ET leading into the MNF opener.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Ray Lewis will discuss the Ray Rice video tonight on Monday Night Countdown. The show airs at 5:00 pm ET leading into the MNF opener.

WTF???
He gave her the ol one, two. Seemed unprovoked too.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

She slapped him or took a swing at him befre they entered the elevator. He was merely counterpunching.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

She slapped him or took a swing at him befre they entered the elevator. He was merely counterpunching.

Although I'm not a fan of hitting women by any means. I feel like in this world that is pushing for sexual equality. If a woman hits you (or attempts to) and you retaliate as a man, then there should be no case. You can't fight for sexual equality yet at the same time throw out a double standard. Just doesn't work that way. Kind of this weird world where if women knew a man had the right to hit you back and would be treated by the courts like he hit another man in self-defense. Perhaps that woman would not be all up in his face throwing slaps/punches. It's a touchy subject.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
http://deadspin.com/someone-is-lying-about-whether-the-nfl-saw-the-ray-rice-1631901404
Originally posted by jreff22:
Double jeopardy means that you cannot be tried twice for the same crime by the same jurisdiction. In the case of Ray Rice, it means that the Ravens running back cannot be put in jeopardy, a criminal prosecution, for punching his then fiancée.

Even if the prosecutor tried to use different charges it would not be allowed if the underlying facts are the same. So, double jeopardy does apply and Rice cannot be charged again in the case.

The NFL cannot increase Rice's punishment by claiming the league did not know the seriousness of what Rice did. First, who didn't know that Rice punched Palmer while in the elevator? Did anyone really think she fainted?

Second, the punishment has already been decided both in court and by the NFL and partially served by Rice.

If the NFL or the Ravens tried to increase the punishment by claiming they didn't know how what he did, they would lose in court.

-- Roger Cossack, ESPN legal analyst

What punishment has been given to Rice by the Ravens?
http://deadspin.com/someone-is-lying-about-whether-the-nfl-saw-the-ray-rice-1631901404

If Goodell saw the video and still gave him 2 games. Then Goodell needs to lose his job.

Still can't see why Aldon got 9 games after this
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

If Goodell saw the video and still gave him 2 games. Then Goodell needs to lose his job.

This. I mean, what in the f**k. They had to have had this footage!!
guess i wasnt following the news too good about this before because I just watched the video and that was NOT what I expected to see

how's this dude going to show his face in that locker room again after he knows everyone seen this tape??
"The best punch I've ever hit anybody with is a left back-hand"
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Although I'm not a fan of hitting women by any means. I feel like in this world that is pushing for sexual equality. If a woman hits you (or attempts to) and you retaliate as a man, then there should be no case. You can't fight for sexual equality yet at the same time throw out a double standard. Just doesn't work that way. Kind of this weird world where if women knew a man had the right to hit you back and would be treated by the courts like he hit another man in self-defense. Perhaps that woman would not be all up in his face throwing slaps/punches. It's a touchy subject.

Did you actually watch the video?

She walks by him and he steps to her and she puts her hand up and swipes at him and then walks into the elevator. At which point he follows her into the elevator then crowds her and spits on her and hits her, she retaliates and pushes him back he steps back she comes towards him and then he drops her with a punch. Please do not characterize this as a situation where she was beating on him and throwing punches at him unprovoked. From what it looked like in that video he was the aggressor throughout.
Share 49ersWebzone