There are 274 users in the forums

Ray Rice arrested

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
Dam shame. If I'm the Ravens owner I have to call Ray in and sit him down some more games. Sadly this won't even be covered. Media gonna spend all day talking about the games yesterday and Saturday. Then they will talk about the games tonight tomorrow and then roll into next week's games. Roger will call ESPN and NFLN and tell them not to discuss this talk about the games.

Man he could have killed her. This is why men should not hit women. She gave life to his kids. She ain't a punching bag. And why the hell would you want to damage such a beautiful girl? This guy was very stupid for doing that to her. Kiss not fight bro!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Dam shame. If I'm the Ravens owner I have to call Ray in and sit him down some more games. Sadly this won't even be covered. Media gonna spend all day talking about the games yesterday and Saturday. Then they will talk about the games tonight tomorrow and then roll into next week's games. Roger will call ESPN and NFLN and tell them not to discuss this talk about the games.

Man he could have killed her. This is why men should not hit women. She gave life to his kids. She ain't a punching bag. And why the hell would you want to damage such a beautiful girl? This guy was very stupid for doing that to her. Kiss not fight bro!
Yea this dude is pure scum. Even after he knocked her out he was kicking at her legs like he was frustrated she couldn't take the punch and now he has to drag her outta of there. I really want to know if Roger seen this tape before hand
Watches a video of a woman suffering a traumatic brain injury (concussion plus head falling on bar), something your trying to prevent in your leauge

Two games

Guy has substance abuse and personal problems, goes to rehab, and then SETTLES for a 9 game suspension.

Goddell you are one crazy white boi
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for mutt_pinoy.
I just say the video Ray hit her like she was a man. I wonder if Goodell handed down the 2 game suspension after seeing that video?
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
I just say the video Ray hit her like she was a man. I wonder if Goodell handed down the 2 game suspension after seeing that video?

NFL says they didnt see the video until today
So he spit in her face twice then hit her two times
Dude needs to go. Looks like ESPN is gonna run with this one.

Wouldn't it be nice if Rice's camp (Team, PR, Attorney) issued a statement that said "Ray Rice gas seen the newly released video and acknowledges that it appears he has anger management issues. However, based on recent developments with regard to punishment issues handed down by The NFL, he knows that voluntarily taking steps to address the issue(s) in a proactive manner are useless, and he will await any developments from the League Office before commenting publicly"

I don't get it. Even before the video came out, did they think the blew her a kiss that knocked her out cold?
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't get it. Even before the video came out, did they think the blew her a kiss that knocked her out cold?

this is where im at

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened

we already know the NFL dropped the ball and should have suspended him more games

now a video comes out showing exactly what everyone already knew and the media takes it and goes
Originally posted by valrod33:

I don't buy that...There is no way that TMZ had this video and the NFL never saw it. There is no way TMZ out bid the NFL for that video....Goodell is lying that he didn't see that or he is incompetent. Unless the cops confiscated the video then there is no way that the NFL security couldn't get there hands on the video.

PURE B.S. FROM THE NFL

Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

I don't buy that...There is no way that TMZ had this video and the NFL never saw it. There is no way TMZ out bid the NFL for that video....Goodell is lying that he didn't see that or he is incompetent. Unless the cops confiscated the video then there is no way that the NFL security couldn't get there hands on the video.

PURE B.S. FROM THE NFL

they said the Cops wouldnt release the video
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by Joecool:

this is where im at

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened

we already know the NFL dropped the ball and should have suspended him more games

now a video comes out showing exactly what everyone already knew and the media takes it and goes

I think Roger let Ray Rice and his wife get over on him and now he looks like an even bigger dope. I think he took Ray at his word. And I bet his wife was in the meeting saying how she instigated the s**t. She doesn't want to lose her meal ticket. She even apologized at the Ray Rice press conference. Either way way Roger takes a super L on this.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

PURE B.S. FROM THE NFL
Exactly. Either he seen the tape and made that decision or didn't see the tape and made the decision. Either way he plays it he's being neglectful of his duties and should be fired.

Appealing to the incredibly stupid and gullible among us, in order to take a Mulligan on this one.
Double jeopardy means that you cannot be tried twice for the same crime by the same jurisdiction. In the case of Ray Rice, it means that the Ravens running back cannot be put in jeopardy, a criminal prosecution, for punching his then fiancée.

Even if the prosecutor tried to use different charges it would not be allowed if the underlying facts are the same. So, double jeopardy does apply and Rice cannot be charged again in the case.

The NFL cannot increase Rice's punishment by claiming the league did not know the seriousness of what Rice did. First, who didn't know that Rice punched Palmer while in the elevator? Did anyone really think she fainted?

Second, the punishment has already been decided both in court and by the NFL and partially served by Rice.

If the NFL or the Ravens tried to increase the punishment by claiming they didn't know how what he did, they would lose in court.

-- Roger Cossack, ESPN legal analyst
Share 49ersWebzone