There are 229 users in the forums

Tarell Brown, please re-sign with the 49ers.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjace:
Best cover corner? Brock was way better than this guy. Time to let Fangio continue to develop his own guys. Cully and Brock should be fine next year with a draft pick, Cox, and Wright adding depth.

very true. Brock and Cully, but not sold on Wright yet at all and Cox, why is everyone so hyped about a dude who played well ONE Game really, and was sparingly used since and at best "0k" even as a backup?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Brown is good but I wouldn't break the bank for him. He's not worth the mega top 10 CB contract he thinks he is. Personally, I think we'd be just fine with Brock, Cully, and drafting a CB in the higher rounds in a deep, rich CB class. But it is possible Brown could be back after testing FA and he doesn't find what he's looking for.

That's exactly what I said on the first page lol
You're kidding right? T Brown, best covering corner? yes he's gotten better over the years, but this guy still can't cover very well, you put him against a BIG WR, and he gets beat all the time, Dashon Goldson made him look good because teams were scared throw on his side.

It's time to let go of Brown, Rogers and Cox

I'd like to keep Wright, but ultimately I'm a big fan of Brock, and even a bigger fan of Culliver. Time to let these guys take over. We still have young guy Morris,

I agree, let Fangio do what he wants.

As long as our Dline is good, and Bowman comes back the the same, We'll be ok.

Other than that. Dno what should happen with Whitner.
Does anyone have the Ronnie Lott Designated Hitter or Joe Montana Golden Great posters???? Trying to find them for my son's birthday
Thank you
Originally posted by socalniner:
If we lose Rogers we have to keep Brown. Too much to ask to replace two corners and your safety and expect to improve.

We're not exactly replacing them with rookies. We will have Chris Culliver and Tramaine Brock back there. Also, if we keep Brown, remember, Culliver's contract is up next season. We can't have four corners under multi-million dollar contracts. Tarrell Brown is gone. I would like to keep Donte Whitner however, but only on a deal that is team friendly and will allow us to release him without taking any serious salary cap hits. If we can't do that, then Whitner will be gone as well.
Our FO is not willing to overpay CBs. Our pass defense is built around a solid 4-man pass rush and a ILB (Willis) that has the speed to cover most TEs one on one. The money is invested in pass rushers and elite LBs. We can't afford expensive CBs too.

That said, Brown probably isn't worth more than we could pay him. But there is a lack of talent at CB in the draft and not many decent FA CBs expected to be available. Brown could cash in. Since he's been playing for pennies for a long time, he's probably looking to get as much as he can.

I don't expect Brown to be back unless the FA market for some reason doesn't pony up for him.
he gone, t brock took his money
Originally posted by blm7754:
Our FO is not willing to overpay CBs. Our pass defense is built around a solid 4-man pass rush and a ILB (Willis) that has the speed to cover most TEs one on one. The money is invested in pass rushers and elite LBs. We can't afford expensive CBs too.

That said, Brown probably isn't worth more than we could pay him. But there is a lack of talent at CB in the draft and not many decent FA CBs expected to be available. Brown could cash in. Since he's been playing for pennies for a long time, he's probably looking to get as much as he can.

I don't expect Brown to be back unless the FA market for some reason doesn't pony up for him.

I disagree that there is a lack of CB talent in the draft. This is actually a pretty good rookie class IMO.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
If you study the film, Carlos Rogers was actually our most consistent cover corner the past 3 years, Brown was good too but as someone mentioned in a previous post, he gets overpowered by stronger, bigger receivers. Brock is our best playmaker in the secondary but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the top cover guy. At the age Rogers is, and given the fact he was slowed by nagging injuries, I really want Brown back also..... I'm just not sure about Chris Culliver like everyone else seems to be.

The good news is, there are some very solid corners in this draft from Rounds 1 all the way through 5. In fact, this is one of the better CB drafts in a LONG time IMO...
[ Edited by SaksV on Feb 13, 2014 at 10:59 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by huffballtick:
Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.Super Bowl Championship Rings I to XLVII 2014_Super_Bowl_XLVIII_Patch Available NowShare our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!Enjoy the best online shipping experience www.efeelsports.ru

spam. ban. die?

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by huffballtick:
Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.Super Bowl Championship Rings I to XLVII 2014_Super_Bowl_XLVIII_Patch Available NowShare our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!Enjoy the best online shipping experience www.efeelsports.ru

spam. ban. die?

I vote for the last one
I'm sure T-Brown would love to come back , but he will have to take a hard look at his future if he's offered a big sack of cash from a CB hungry team ..... I have a hunch the Vikings will be in the running for his services, they are looking for a veteran CB to anchor their secondary , and might come calling for him , being they face Rogers, Stafford and Cutler twice a year, Brown could be the CB they covet the most, but I'm hoping our front office can spin some magic and get him back into a 49ers uniform
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I'm sure T-Brown would love to come back , but he will have to take a hard look at his future if he's offered a big sack of cash from a CB hungry team ..... I have a hunch the Vikings will be in the running for his services, they are looking for a veteran CB to anchor their secondary , and might come calling for him , being they face Rogers, Stafford and Cutler twice a year, Brown could be the CB they covet the most, but I'm hoping our front office can spin some magic and get him back into a 49ers uniform

cutler lol
Originally posted by lucky_49:

cutler lol

he's not a scrub ..... million dollar arm with a 10 cent head

Raiders are a possibility as well. They need DBs badly. Very weak secondary and outmatched miserably going up against Peyton, Rivers, and Alex twice a year. Raiders also have A LOT of cap space so they'll expect them to beef up their secondary in free agency. Brown would be a very good pick up for them. Still in his prime and brings veteran leadership to a pretty young group.
Share 49ersWebzone