LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
f**k Seattle
Originally posted by 12thfan:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
That must be why they used the Carolina game as an example of what will not be tolerated?

If you think your players are not doing the same or even worse at times then you must not be watching the games. Or maybe you think head butting should only be allowed for Niners players, kind of like in the game used as an example of what won't be allowed.

Who led the league in penalties again?

The Seahawks but wait, I thought the officiating was the reason you didn't win the super bowl. Are you trying to make the argument we won in spite of officiating? Because there are many that would agree with you. In fact I have seen the argument made that the 49ers wouldn't have made it to the NFCCG if not for the officiating and if you factor in that new Bowman rule where Crabtree fumbles in the game at the stick and the official changes his ruling from saying Crabs but hits the ground to forward progress (that even Mike Pereira tweeted it was a blown call https://mobile.twitter.com/MikePereira/statuses/409823665186799616?screen_name=MikePereira ) we win the division in your house.

Thanks for pointing that out.

You are pretty dumb
f**k Seattle

this, seattle can EAD
Originally posted by Existence:
One marginal play versus holding on every play and intentionally trying to hurt other team's players? This is really the point you want to make?

This.

Besides, "forward progess" is a rule I believe needs to be re-examined after the Ahmad Bradshaw play anyways.

Now I know how Raider fans felt for years after the "Tuck rule" game.
Seattle had a very meh draft
Originally posted by crabman82:
That must be why they used the Carolina game as an example of what will not be tolerated?

If you think your players are not doing the same or even worse at times then you must not be watching the games. Or maybe you think head butting should only be allowed for Niners players, kind of like in the game used as an example of what won't be allowed.

Who led the league in penalties again?

The Seahawks but wait, I thought the officiating was the reason you didn't win the super bowl. Are you trying to make the argument we won in spite of officiating? Because there are many that would agree with you. In fact I have seen the argument made that the 49ers wouldn't have made it to the NFCCG if not for the officiating and if you factor in that new Bowman rule where Crabtree fumbles in the game at the stick and the official changes his ruling from saying Crabs but hits the ground to forward progress (that even Mike Pereira tweeted it was a blown call https://mobile.twitter.com/MikePereira/statuses/409823665186799616?screen_name=MikePereira ) we win the division in your house.

Thanks for pointing that out.

plays like that one always hinge on when the whistle was blown. if his forward progress isnt stopped and he begins to fumble but slightly after the ref blowing the whistle then it doesnt matter, you cant challenge. maybe someone can clarify when the whistle was blown, because if it happened before the ball started to move then it doesnt matter at all.

I would gladly give the 'Hawks that call if that means we get the (at least) three no-calls on Maxwell for face-guarding Crabtree, one of which occurred in the end zone.

Hey, look at that, that means we still win the game.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Isn't Seattle pretty much known now for turning late round unknown draft picks into stars? Anyway given their current track record in the draft, I trust the Seahawks FO decisions.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

Isn't Seattle pretty much known now for turning late round unknown draft picks into stars? Anyway given their current track record in the draft, I trust the Seahawks FO decisions.

There is making all your picks and then getting a run of a few good mid round gems and then there is being so arrogant as to think you do not need to draft until the middle rounds anymore. Trading back to the extent they did is beyond hubris it is just stupid. Especially so in light of the contracts they are handing out....they already seeing the attrition to pay for the at the WR position. If their assumption is that they are so damn much better than everyone that they don't need early round picks anymore I am glad...because they will be a flash in the pan once the NFL stops allowing their gimmick "hold every down" defense to continue.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

There is making all your picks and then getting a run of a few good mid round gems and then there is being so arrogant as to think you do not need to draft until the middle rounds anymore. Trading back to the extent they did is beyond hubris it is just stupid. Especially so in light of the contracts they are handing out....they already seeing the attrition to pay for the at the WR position. If their assumption is that they are so damn much better than everyone that they don't need early round picks anymore I am glad...because they will be a flash in the pan once the NFL stops allowing their gimmick "hold every down" defense to continue.

they picked in the mid 2nd after trading down twice, not unlike what the niners did in 86 in probably their best draft ever. in the carroll-schneider era they've done very well in the mid rounds and even undrafted free agents. they built a great roster that just won a super bowl of course their fans are going to have confidence in developing their mid round picks. if that was baalkes resume we'd be praising him non stop.

Peter the cheater will be gone after his extension and like at USC The Seahawks will be a mess when he leaves, because any other new coach should have a few moral values.
[ Edited by jeepzilla on May 11, 2014 at 9:58 AM ]

they picked in the mid 2nd after trading down twice, not unlike what the niners did in 86 in probably their best draft ever. in the carroll-schneider era they've done very well in the mid rounds and even undrafted free agents. they built a great roster that just won a super bowl of course their fans are going to have confidence in developing their mid round picks. if that was baalkes resume we'd be praising him non stop.

Crazy if you believe the Seahawks can continue hitting on low draft picks every year, it's just not gonna happen. The thing I like what they do unlike us they actually give them playing time if they show in camp and preseason that they're better than the vet unlike us who continue playing the likes of Kyle Williams when he sucked and just rarely use our rookies
plays like that one always hinge on when the whistle was blown. if his forward progress isnt stopped and he begins to fumble but slightly after the ref blowing the whistle then it doesnt matter, you cant challenge. maybe someone can clarify when the whistle was blown, because if it happened before the ball started to move then it doesnt matter at all.

The problem is the official blew the whistle and patted his but after the ball came out indicating that Crabtree's butt touched the ground before the ball came out then the replay came up and the ball was obviously out before he touched the ground so Pete threw the challenge flag, that is when they changed the call to forward progress preventing the challenge. There was no question the ball came out before he touched the ground and there was no question what the call was before it was changed. You can try and justify the call but your not being honest in doing so.

The Bowman strip from Kearse was clearly a bad call and every Seahawks fan I know acknowledges it. Fortunately that call had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

If you want to discuss bad calls that's one thing but trying to complain you didn't get calls that you feel you deserved is ridiculous. Every team on every play can do that. It reeks of self entitlement.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Crazy if you believe the Seahawks can continue hitting on low draft picks every year, it's just not gonna happen. The thing I like what they do unlike us they actually give them playing time if they show in camp and preseason that they're better than the vet unlike us who continue playing the likes of Kyle Williams when he sucked and just rarely use our rookies

That's a big part of it. Every D-lineman played less than 60% of snaps last year and that is true all over the field for the most part. Pete believes in getting the younger guys playing time. It helps develop them as well as spells the Vet's to be fresh later in the game as well as the season. More than anything it plays a big role in mental preparation. If you know your going to be on the field come Sunday you will likely put in more work and effort to be prepared through practice and film study. Those that don't or aren't willing to put in the work are quickly and quietly shown the door.

It is also why Seattle is a preferred landing spot for UDFA's. Even though the roster is stacked the UDFA knows he will get playing time and actually has a legitimate shot at unseating a player who might be entrenched on most teams. They will see playing time in preseason as well and that bodes well for them even if they don't make the team. Seattle has had the most or second most UDFA's signed to other teams rosters after being released, each year. That's a powerful statement as well as having guys like Baldwin and Kearse who both were UDFA's and had huge impact through the season and in the playoffs. We had 6 UDFA's on our active roster for the super bowl. If you are a UDFA and believe you have the talent if given a chance then Seattle is the best place to sign.

It's is a mystery as to the success of so many lower rated players though. Is it talent evaluation or is it coaching and training? I think it is both. The Seahawks since Pete and John arrived have found talent everywhere. Not just the draft. They have made pro bowlers out of CFL guy's that nobody wanted and turned UDFA's and other teams cast off's into key players. They have had more roster turn over than any team in the league by a large margin. It's not luck that they have built one of the best rosters in the league in such a short time frame. It's due to a ton of hard work.

One thing I am worried about is losing Mclouhan. He joined us in 2010 and has been part of this build process. When you look at the players that have joined the teams he is part of during his time there, I don;t think you can ignore the man has an eye for talent. Hopefully Pete and John are good enough without him but it is something that I consider.
The problem is the official blew the whistle and patted his but after the ball came out indicating that Crabtree's butt touched the ground before the ball came out then the replay came up and the ball was obviously out before he touched the ground so Pete threw the challenge flag, that is when they changed the call to forward progress preventing the challenge. There was no question the ball came out before he touched the ground and there was no question what the call was before it was changed. You can try and justify the call but your not being honest in doing so.

The Bowman strip from Kearse was clearly a bad call and every Seahawks fan I know acknowledges it. Fortunately that call had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

If you want to discuss bad calls that's one thing but trying to complain you didn't get calls that you feel you deserved is ridiculous. Every team on every play can do that. It reeks of self entitlement.

i honestly don't give a s**t about all the "judgement" calls in the NFC title game and elsewhere. we all benefit at some point of the season from those and we are all hurt by those at some point. the most ridiculous ref involvement in the NFC title game was the 53 second playclock the seahawks got before the 4th down offside/touchdown pass. go back and watch from the point zach miller is down after the 3rd down until wussle snaps the ball. this is absolutely inexcusable and arguably cost the 49ers the game.

of course anything could have happened after. maybe the seahawks still decide to go for it on 4th and 12, we don't know and we'll never know but that call is very OBJECTIVE. you have a 40 second play clock and if the ball is not snapped within that time then it is a penalty. absolutely ridiculous.

as for the bowman non-call, you can't say that it had no effect on the game. what if we got the strip and on the next play we ran a dive up the middle that went for a touchdown? what if we ran a playaction pass for a bomb/TD? you can't say it didn't effect the outcome. you can say "well the niners got the ball back!" yeah, that's true, and guess what? it was one additional defensive play we had to make that we shouldn't have had to make. what if we recovered that fumble, scored a TD on the drive, and then the next drive the seahawks had the ball we made lynch fumble and recovered?

bottom line is we got f**ked in the NFC title game but nothing can change that now

You act as if a player cannot both have his forward progress stopped and be down by contact simultaneously. The ref erroneously thought both occurred. The fact that he was not down by contact does not mean his forward progress was not stopped.

As for the "mystery" of Seattle's success with low-rated players, it's pretty obvious. Bruce Irvin can tell you.
Share 49ersWebzone