LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by 12thfan:
The secondary is where your smart money should be in a passing league. If the league migrates back to run first then the D-line is more critical but if your set up to stop the run while teams tear up your secondary, you'll struggle a great secondary also provides more time and opportunity for the front seven.

Pass rush makes any secondary look good

Well if that's the case, the Niners should have an AWESOME secondary because Aldon Smith is one of the best pass rushers in the game.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Someone post Vance trucking Sherman gif

Thank you!

Vance being a rookie didn't realize that he should have given Thomas the business as well there

Good play, but highlights really lose their value when you lose the game. i.e. AP had a VERY impressive like 90 yard run or something on the Seahawks in the 2012 season, but they still lost that game.

Arizona got picked off like 4 times this season at the game in the Clink, but hard to be proud of that when we lost that. Same thing when CK got picked off when the Hawks played at Candlestick.

Then we can scratch mostly every single SEA highlight from 1960 - 2012 because they really have no value.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by 12thfan:
The secondary is where your smart money should be in a passing league. If the league migrates back to run first then the D-line is more critical but if your set up to stop the run while teams tear up your secondary, you'll struggle a great secondary also provides more time and opportunity for the front seven.

Pass rush makes any secondary look good

Well if that's the case, the Niners should have an AWESOME secondary because Aldon Smith is one of the best pass rushers in the game.

We were 7th in passing defense without having a single Elite DB. SEA vaunted secondary looked like s**t last year when your pass rushers went down.

Pass rushers are more important then DBs whether you want to admit it or not.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
And the expert has arrived! Thank you AB!

Let's do the math!

Seattle starts @ $96.9M in cap commitments in 2015 with the cap expected to go up to around $140M. For rookies, you will need to set aside $4.7M. You now have $38M for the following:

2014-2015 must (important)-signings:
Russell Wilson - $18M+
Richard Sherman - "I'm due...it's more I'll take it as respect...it's all about respect in this game and the only way people respect is the dollar signs." ~ Richard Sherman. Well, he got his "respect." Here are the details: Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 2m#Seahawks CB Richard Sherman's cap numbers: $3,676,606 in 2014, $12.2M in 2015, $14.769M in 2016, $13.631M in 2017, $13.2M in 2018.
Cliff Avril - Close to Bennett's contract at 4-years, $28M?
K.J. Wright - Projected?
Bobby Wagner - Projected?
Malcom Smith - Projected?
Byron Maxwell - Projected?
Russell Okung - Extend to top T $?
Doug Baldwin - Projected? Clear #1 now with Tate departing for more $

Others in 2015
James Carpenter
Taylor Price
Sidney Rice
Jeron Johnson
Anthony McCoy
Tarvaris Jackson
Heath Farwell
Lemuel Jeanpierre
Michael Robinson
Clint Gresham
Phillip Adams
Travis Beckum
Terrelle Pryor
Michael Morgan
D'Anthony Smith

Time to update!

Cliff Avril - we'll lose him
K.J. Wright - he may come cheaper
Bobby Wagner - I'm concerned we'll lose him
Malcom Smith - Depends how he plays, SB MVP yes, but its not like he was a consistent starter
Byron Maxwell - May lose him, but he's not Sherman.
Russell Okung - Extend
Doug Baldwin - We love him, but honestly who outside of the Hawks cares about Doug Baldwin? he'll come cheap.

Well, this thread went to hell quickly. LOL. Anyone have realistic, even conservative contracts for the aforementioned here? Bueller? Bueller?
For instance, Tate signed a five-year $31M deal with the Lions as a #2 WR. Baldwin is the clear #1 so you'd expect a similar deal+. You'd expect Avril's deal to be similar to Bennett's at four-years, $28M. How about Wright, Wagner, Smith, Maxwell, Okung, etc.? We can expect Wilson to be around $18M.

References:
OverTheCap.com - cap space for all 32 teams @ http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Seahawks&Year=2015It shows Seattle with $109,185M in cap commitments in 2015 already. The cap is expected to go up to around $140M in 2015. So essentially, you now have about $31M to sign Wilson, Wright, Wagner, Smith, Maxwell, Okung, etc. and will need to devote $4.7M for rookies. So $26.1 remaining.
Seattle's FAs to be, http://overthecap.com/futurefreeagents.php?Team=SeahawksCheck (key FA's listed above)
Rookie pool jumps to around $4.7M (2015) & $5.5M (2016)
[ Edited by NCommand on May 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Thank you!

Vance being a rookie didn't realize that he should have given Thomas the business as well there

Good play, but highlights really lose their value when you lose the game. i.e. AP had a VERY impressive like 90 yard run or something on the Seahawks in the 2012 season, but they still lost that game.

Arizona got picked off like 4 times this season at the game in the Clink, but hard to be proud of that when we lost that. Same thing when CK got picked off when the Hawks played at Candlestick.

Then we can scratch mostly every single SEA highlight from 1960 - 2012 because they really have no value.

This

That play was awesome, no mater the outcome, similar to the Kaep to Boldin td over Thomas. I can watch those plays over and over and over....

Nice try, but that gif is only showing Sherman getting ran over. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's not a team highlight from the game, it's an individual highlight (or in Sherman's case, a lowlight) that applies no matter what. Win or lose, Sherman got owned. For all that talking he does, you would think he never gets owned like that.
Well, this thread went to hell quickly. LOL. Anyone have realistic, even conservative contracts for the aforementioned here? Bueller? Bueller?
For instance, Tate signed a five-year $31M deal with the Lions as a #2 WR. Baldwin is the clear #1 so you'd expect a similar deal+. You'd expect Avril's deal to be similar to Bennett's at four-years, $28M. How about Wright, Wagner, Smith, Maxwell, Okung, etc.? We can expect Wilson to be around $18M.

References:
OverTheCap.com - cap space for all 32 teams @ http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Seahawks&Year=2015It shows Seattle with $109,185M in cap commitments in 2015 already. The cap is expected to go up to around $140M in 2015. So essentially, you now have about $31M to sign Wilson, Wright, Wagner, Smith, Maxwell, Okung, etc. and will need to devote $4.7M for rookies. So $26.1 remaining.
Seattle's FAs to be, http://overthecap.com/futurefreeagents.php?Team=SeahawksCheck (key FA's listed above)

They're already talking about the $20 mil range for Wilson. Just their 10 highest paid players will use over $77 million of the cap in 2015. Plus, they're taking a huge chance that everyone stays healthy. In 2015, they'll have $51.28 million in dead money (!)
Originally posted by Empire49:
Nice try, but that gif is only showing Sherman getting ran over. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's not a team highlight from the game, it's an individual highlight (or in Sherman's case, a lowlight) that applies no matter what. Win or lose, Sherman got owned. For all that talking he does, you would think he never gets owned like that.

I'm predicting that more teams will find ways to challenge Sherman deep by using bunch formations and movement to get speed receivers off the line and away from him so he can't grab and hold on. Now that he's signed a monster contract, it's time for Seattle to get a collective pie in the face.
Originally posted by crake49:

References:

They're already talking about the $20 mil range for Wilson. Just their 10 highest paid players will use over $77 million of the cap in 2015. Plus, they're taking a huge chance that everyone stays healthy. In 2015, they'll have $51.28 million in dead money (!)

Someone is paying attention! Well done. $20M. Wow? I'm sure it will be structured around $15-16M in cap hit so that then leaves the team with $10M for the rest and you bring up a critical piece to all of this...injuries and depth (cough, Harvin, cough). They will happen. Good eye...I wasn't even looking at their dead money!
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Empire49:

I'm predicting that more teams will find ways to challenge Sherman deep by using bunch formations and movement to get speed receivers off the line and away from him so he can't grab and hold on. Now that he's signed a monster contract, it's time for Seattle to get a collective pie in the face.

Bill Polian also said the "mugging of receivers" will also be an emphasis in league rules as well. If that changes, look out.

This

That play was awesome, no mater the outcome, similar to the Kaep to Boldin td over Thomas. I can watch those plays over and over and over....

Not me.. I am going for the Smith/VD Show in the NOLA playoff game. Keep that Hag garbage the hell away from me.

Also the comeback in the NFCC of 2012, start the game at 17
[ Edited by Rathmanator on May 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM ]

Correction: 1976 - 2012
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
This

Not me.. I am going for the Smith/VD Show in the NOLA playoff game. Keep that Hag garbage the hell away from me.

Also the comeback in the NFCC of 2012, start the game at 17

Yeah I would definitely rank the Alex VD plays above the other, for obvious reasons....but with that being said, I still think those plays are awesome

I like this one
Originally posted by autopilot:

I like this one

Aww, how cute. It's one of you.
Share 49ersWebzone