LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Is Seattle more physical than us.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I don't know if this belongs here but I sort of hope Seattle wins. I know that's blasphemy but we've seen in the past 20 years or so how practically impossible it is for a team to win back to back superbowls. The last repeat champion was 10 years ago. What are the chances they regress to the mean as it were 2014 like we supposedly we're going to be here before? I say not likely that they still don't contend to win it all again unless they get decimated by injuries.

wow man.

win so they can't repeat?

come on....

Yes logically
Originally posted by stimpy:
There's no reason to question the 49ers D except the safeties allowing undrafted free agent receivers beating them deep. As for offense, the complete disappearance of VD and Gore ...

Not just the safeties, I think the secondary as a whole needs to toughen up.

Originally posted by bigwads:
Seattle is who we were three years ago during Harbaugh's first season. Yes, they are more physical and so is Arizona. Our Dline is not physical and neither is our Oline despite the media fanfare. Our OL is weak as hell and it shows up against the best competition.

I think our OL just might be the most overrated in the league, at least this year. Glorified run blockers that are mediocre in pass protection and get beat badly against dominant dlines.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
f**k Seattle. Is that an option?

That.
They are not more physical than the 49ers. We are definitely more physical, however they seem to have much better outcomes when they play in Seattle. We win the game if we played at a neutral or at the Stick
I don't know if this belongs here but I sort of hope Seattle wins. I know that's blasphemy but we've seen in the past 20 years or so how practically impossible it is for a team to win back to back superbowls. The last repeat champion was 10 years ago. What are the chances they regress to the mean as it were 2014 like we supposedly we're going to be here before? I say not likely that they still don't contend to win it all again unless they get decimated by injuries.

wow man.

win so they can't repeat?

come on....

Yes logically

or
even more logically
they lose
and the 2 teams that played in the previous super bowl don't make it the next year

just like the past how many in a row?
no they are not more physical.
you guys are kind of sorry..

right after we lost in week 2 the thread we have to accept they're bigger faster stronger and younger than us.

i guess we somehow became bigger faster stronger and younger later in the season when we beat them lol

they won by 6 points.

and we had ZERO OFFENSE and HUGE BRAIN FARTS ON DEFENSE

and won by 6 POINTS

stop this defeatist bull

Yes. In SEA. They won from one misdirection run. One Wilson lucky run around and chuck deep ball. Countless missed calls on intentional grounding. A fourth and seven. Missed calls on roughing the kicker and LMJ being beheaded. Otherwise we had the game in hand and mucked it up with the fourth and seven and the safeties letting Baldwin get behind them. We very easily could have won in SEA
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yes. In SEA. They won from one misdirection run. One Wilson lucky run around and chuck deep ball. Countless missed calls on intentional grounding. A fourth and seven. Missed calls on roughing the kicker and LMJ being beheaded. Otherwise we had the game in hand and mucked it up with the fourth and seven and the safeties letting Baldwin get behind them. We very easily could have won in SEA

and with all of the miscues we still had the ball with a chance to win.
or
even more logically
they lose
and the 2 teams that played in the previous super bowl don't make it the next year

just like the past how many in a row?
When SEA faces the one seeded schedule next season they will be lucky to win 10 games. Wilson is maxed out as well as their team. They can only get better at WR. Our QB is still ascending and we got too much ammo this draft. We will win at least 12 games next year
and with all of the miscues we still had the ball with a chance to win.

Right. This tells us we are not at a deficiency physically. We just need to stop beating ourselves up there and put Kap on the move in the red zone. Look at vs CAR. We scored both TDs because Kap was on the move vs an elite defensive unit. The rollout to VD and the QB scramble. We out him on the move at least a couple times we open up multiple options to score
When SEA faces the one seeded schedule next season they will be lucky to win 10 games. Wilson is maxed out as well as their team. They can only get better at WR. Our QB is still ascending and we got too much ammo this draft. We will win at least 12 games next year

i believe even more. we were ravaged with injuries and off the field issues and won 12 games and should have won 14 of them.

believe it or not i believe this is going to make them even hungrier. even more focused and dialed in. they overcame a lot to get to the point they were this year. fighting resolve this is our team

our coaching staff on both sides of the ball needs to take off the worry hat and put on the full throttle hat
THEY have to have the killer instinct with the calls

when we get the ball we score a td.

when we get that t.o. the 1st play we go for the throat and get a td not a field goal.

when we get up 17 on the cardinals we go for 31 by the half to let them know this thing is over.

that's what's missing year after year

Right. This tells us we are not at a deficiency physically. We just need to stop beating ourselves up there and put Kap on the move in the red zone. Look at vs CAR. We scored both TDs because Kap was on the move vs an elite defensive unit. The rollout to VD and the QB scramble. We out him on the move at least a couple times we open up multiple options to score

roman has to stop panicking.
he can get us a field goal. he can't get us a td.

if he could. if roman could or jim would take over we would be champs and in the sb again.

THEY more than anything or any player get completely conservative.
you have to go and WIN the games take their hearts not hit them a few times and then just box around and then hope to knock them out at the end.
Originally posted by stimpy:
There's no reason to question the 49ers D except the safeties allowing undrafted free agent receivers beating them deep. As for offense, the complete disappearance of VD and Gore ...

Agreed. Our safeties were beaten twice deep 1) for a first down and a field goal 2) on a 4th and 7 for a Touch Down. That's 10 points on our safeties. Not too mention the bad angle taken by Reid on Lynch's TD run. That's 17 points on 3 plays.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
the offense looks intimidated out there against the elite defenses.

Indeed. We can not run the ball against good defenses that's on the O- line.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Our Dline is not physical and neither is our Oline despite the media fanfare. Our OL is weak as hell and it shows up against the best competition.

bigwads got it right. Our line may be athletic, but not strong.
Agreed
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yeah, so our d line does not have the intimidation factor going of rit. Justin is still a playmaker but we need more weight to have the impact of seattle's front line. 280 pounds of Justin/Ray can only go so far against 320 pound lineman.

+1
Share 49ersWebzone