There are 171 users in the forums

Roger Goodell - Review Committee

Shop 49ers game tickets
Interesting the day AFTER we lose to Seattle in Seattle in a 4Q meltdown (tired much?) after playing in Arizona, in Green Bay and then in Carolina, he is interviewed on NFL Network after being at the Seattle game last night and stating that shoulder to shoulder, helmet to helmet, helmet/shoulder to shoulder/neck area (Neck Gate) calls will now be reviewable and admitted they are big game changing calls and many were called incorrectly this year despite the players/coaches doing all they could to adjust...Bowman-like calls may also be reviewed. Also, newer playoff seeding will probably be voted upon in 2014 for 2015. The extra-point may go away as well.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Interesting the day AFTER we lose to Seattle in Seattle in a 4Q meltdown (tired much?) after playing in Arizona, in Green Bay and then in Carolina, he is interviewed on NFL Network after being at the Seattle game last night and stating that shoulder to shoulder, helmet to helmet, helmet/shoulder to shoulder/neck area (Neck Gate) calls will now be reviewable and admitted they are big game changing calls and many were called incorrectly this year despite the players/coaches doing all they could to adjust...Bowman-like calls may also be reviewed. Also, newer playoff seeding will probably be voted upon in 2014 for 2015. The extra-point may go away as well.

Sound bytes. Crappy officials will still be crappy.

I'm fairly confident the owners will vote to keep the same playoff seeding. I mean, if you win your division who wants to be the guy that misses out on a home playoff game because your team didn't win enough games due to other divisions being weaker and 2 teams cruising to a nice record(didn't happen this year but this wasn't any normal season IMO).

Extra Points possibly going
I absolutely hate Goodell. Being commissioner doesn't make you king. He doesn't have any respect for the game or traditions. Why in the world would you get rid of the extra point? Why? He's way too radical for my taste.
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
I absolutely hate Goodell. Being commissioner doesn't make you king. He doesn't have any respect for the game or traditions. Why in the world would you get rid of the extra point? Why? He's way too radical for my taste.

Thats like getting rid of free throws in the NBA. You just don't mess with it.

f**kin Goodell has no respect at all. Him and his p***y league rules cost us that Saints game and home-field advantage.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM ]
those calls literally cost us home field advantage and the division

excuse me if i don't care about them being changed now.
he really is a piece of work
I really want to make a list of every call or non-call that has went against us in unfair fashion but I seriously don't have the patience to find the near 25 calls plus that screwed us over.

The worst of the worst was with Bowman being attended to still on the field by the medical staff and the ref explaining to Harbaugh that the ball belonged to Seattle with no challenge possible. That was the worst 49ers moment of my life. I have never felt so sick about my Niners being shafted as that time.

f**k those asses that are throwing the flags on big hits but cant see the f**king hold 15 yards down field
People care about extra points? They just take extra time and they're pointless. How many are missed a year? One? Two? Make a TD worth 7 and be done with it. The only objection to this could be a love of two point conversions, but you can't make the "tradition" argument for that, because they've only been around since 1994. Really don't see what the big deal is, and I have zero problems with any of these suggestions.
I'd rather see goal posts narrowed to make it harder for kickers.
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:

Because they are boring and add nothing to the game. When they were first around you had skill players kicking them not these specialized kickers of today. It actually used to be exciting. I say get rid of it or if you want to keep it make it like rugby, have the scoring player kick it.

does this get rid of the option to go for 2?
Better late than never...I guess. Too bad he only realizes these flaws after we've been screwed royally by them.
If he wants to protect the qb why not crack down on cb holding? That forces the qb to hold the ball longer and take more hits
Dont change the extra point or playoff seating.
review helmet to helmet hits

Goodell may not care about the fans but he does work for the owners...which means he is responsible to bring them more money
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
People care about extra points? They just take extra time and they're pointless. How many are missed a year? One? Two? Make a TD worth 7 and be done with it. The only objection to this could be a love of two point conversions, but you can't make the "tradition" argument for that, because they've only been around since 1994. Really don't see what the big deal is, and I have zero problems with any of these suggestions.

Yeah but you have to admit that you usually have radical thoughts in the conversations, and sometimes you're in the minority. Which I think is the case on this topic too.

The extra point is an extra point. And it should be earned. But it has to be attempted for it to be earned. Its an extra element to the game that doesn't have to be removed.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jan 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone