LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Bowman pelted with food while being carted off the field after tearing ACL....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Straight from Richard Sherman himself:

"One thing I can't accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it's true, it's beyond terrible. That's as low as it gets. I'm sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don't think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he's carted off a field. All players deserve better than that."

Source: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/?xid=brand-fb

I was in the stands and pretty much everyone around me did the proper thing, you wait patiently to see if he can get up and walk on his own. Human nature is curious who it is, a little more thankful he's not on your team, but never thankful he got hurt. You clap when he leaves regardless of what team he plays on. Because a few ass hats in an entire crowd of 68,400 people decided to throw food, our entire fan base is garbage.
All true fans of the game, regardless of their affiliation, find this to be disgusting. Just remember a few drunks do not represent an entire fan base. They certainly don't represent me! I hope they can identify the people who did this and ban them from the Stadium. Nobody needs fans like that. I'm told they cut off beer sales in the 3rd quarter....maybe should have done it at half time If you go look at seahawks.net, you will find a Navaro Bowman "respect" thread, not a thread praising fools who throw things at players. (At least I sure hope you won't.....you can never be sure what a fool with an internet connection and 1 functioning brain cell will get up to)

Here is to hoping for a speedy recovery for Bowman, who I think played the best football of any linebacker in the game this year.....he IS the player that the press says Kueckly is, and I want to see him out there flying to ball again next year.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

"One thing I can't accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it's true, it's beyond terrible. That's as low as it gets. I'm sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don't think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he's carted off a field. All players deserve better than that."

Source: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/?xid=brand-fb

I was in the stands and pretty much everyone around me did the proper thing, you wait patiently to see if he can get up and walk on his own. Human nature is curious who it is, a little more thankful he's not on your team, but never thankful he got hurt. You clap when he leaves regardless of what team he plays on. Because a few ass hats in an entire crowd of 68,400 people decided to throw food, our entire fan base is garbage.

Wow even a classless gang banger thug called those fans disrespectful, ouch.

He's trying to win some brownie points after losing his mind and showing no class and not even an ounce of sportsmanship. He's a dick and f**k him and f**k SEA fans.

This is the NFL, he belongs in the WWE with the other roid heads and big mouths.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 20, 2014 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He's trying to win some brownie points after losing his mind and showing no class and not even an ounce of sportsmanship. He's a dick and f**k him and f**k SEA fans.

its like he can do or say whatever he wants and because some website allows him to write articles that he can use that forum to explain away his s**tty attitude and make up things that cant be verified.
Originally posted by BobS:
One fan out of well over 50,000 throws a few peanuts or popcorn and your going to blame the whole fanbase? Stop being sore losers!

It's not being a sore loser to point out yet another classless act by the Hawks fan base. It's just pointing out fact. It is factual that someone/'s threw food on Bowman as he was being carted off. It is the lowest and most classless act displayed by fans during a game since Eagles fans pelted Santa with D batteries.

Seattle fans should be embarrassed someone from their fan base did that, and they should be going out of their way to find out who so they can make sure that piece of s**t never enters their stadium again. However I am confident in saying that little to no mention or feeling of disgust came from most Seattle fans when they learned about this incident, because they as a whole are the most classless fan base in the NFL, and it's not even close. They dispatched the Raiders and Eagles fan bases quickly and totally.
Originally posted by Canfan:
All true fans of the game, regardless of their affiliation, find this to be disgusting. Just remember a few drunks do not represent an entire fan base. They certainly don't represent me! I hope they can identify the people who did this and ban them from the Stadium. Nobody needs fans like that. I'm told they cut off beer sales in the 3rd quarter....maybe should have done it at half time If you go look at seahawks.net, you will find a Navaro Bowman "respect" thread, not a thread praising fools who throw things at players. (At least I sure hope you won't.....you can never be sure what a fool with an internet connection and 1 functioning brain cell will get up to)

Here is to hoping for a speedy recovery for Bowman, who I think played the best football of any linebacker in the game this year.....he IS the player that the press says Kueckly is, and I want to see him out there flying to ball again next year.

Sea fans are all the same they are collectively that most f**ked up fan base in all of sports. I've never seen any fans throw s**t at a guy on a cart.

f**k seattle and f**k the 12th man aggies. They even stole that and claim it as their own. s**tty franchise and even s**ttier fans.
Remember when these f**ked up fans were mad about how the Beats commercial portrayed them? It was 100% accurate..

f**k you SEA fans for throwing food at our guy. I will lick your tears when Manning shoves 45 points up the Legion of Roids' asses.
Now that I've seen the video, don't you all think this thing has been blown out of proportion? By "food", my imagination is thinking a bunch of greasy nacho's with chilli-cheese sauce and all the fixings, or a sour-crout filled half eaten hotdog with mustard and ketchup... Instead, I'm seeing a half a handful of popcorn fluttering harmlessly through the air.

A freshly married couple doused with rice by all their empassioned well-wishers should probably feel many times as "insulted"....

Oh well, still a lousy thing to do for the (probably) teenage kid responsible. But how this is being used as an illustration of the attitude of the entire 12th Man is beyond me....

Nearly all the posts I've seen concerning Bowman express horror at the play, and wish him a very speedy recovery. For what it's worth, those are my sentiments.
[ Edited by OahuHawkFan on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by OahuHawkFan:
Now that I've seen the video, don't you all think this thing has been blown out of proportion? By "food", my imagination is thinking a bunch of greasy nacho's with chilli-cheese sauce and all the fixings, or a sour-crout filled half eaten hotdog with mustard and ketchup... Instead, I'm seeing a half a handful of popcorn fluttering harmlessly through the air.

A freshly married couple doused with rice by all their empassioned well-wishers should probably feel many times as "insulted"....

Oh well, still a lousy thing to do for the (probably) teenage kid responsible. But how this is being used as an illustration of the attitude of the entire 12th Man is beyond me....

Nearly all the posts I've seen concerning Bowman express horror at the play, and wish him a very speedy recovery. For what it's worth, those are my sentiments.

stabbing at a niner stadium, and all the fans are thugs. food being tossed onto a cart taking off a seriously injured player and your fans are classless, live with it.

Typical SEA. Can't own up to anything and brush things off as no big deal. Sherman is f**king with your heads and you are tuning into them.

Have you even seen a player get pelted with anything on a f**king injury cart?

f**k SEA fans. go back to your fans and circle jerk about how Sherman's a good dude and does charity and the 12th man is original and not a stolen idea.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:57 PM ]

Typical SEA. Can't own up to anything and brush things off as no big deal. Sherman is f**king with your heads and you are tuning into them.

f**k SEA fans.

fluttering harmlessly through the air? like wtf is this guy even on? there is minimizing ones actions, then theres what he is doing
Originally posted by crabman82:

f**k SEA fans.

fluttering harmlessly through the air? like wtf is this guy even on? there is minimizing ones actions, then theres what he is doing

It is what they do. Act like a bunch of dickwads like Sherman and their coach and then tell us everyone is a jerk and a steriopd taking dickwad,

The only ones they convince are themselves in that big circle jerk in that useless part of America.
Originally posted by crabman82:

f**k SEA fans.

It is what they do. Act like a bunch of dickwads like Sherman and their coach and then tell us everyone is a jerk and a steriopd taking dickwad,

The only ones they convince are themselves in that big circle jerk in that useless part of America.

after years of being down and a s**tty team i understand embracing a new way of doing things and turning a blind eye to what really going on there with the team and all that s**t, i'd just like to see a hawk fan say yeah we do this and we do that but we dont care cus we're winning, we sucked for a long time and if this is what we have to put up with, we're willing to do that. this whole its not as bad as it looks or everyone else does it too stuff is getting too much.

f**k SEA fans. go back to your fans and circle jerk about how Sherman's a good dude and does charity and the 12th man is original and not a stolen idea.

Don't get me wrong, I think whoever did it is COMPLETELY without class, and my intention is not to make excuses for that individual. All I'm saying is that it appears to have been from a single "fan", and it's not near what I was expecting from the headlines.

There were already going to be plenty of reasons to view the Seahawks and us fans as the "heel" in the upcoming Superbowl. So I doubt you guys need to fan that flame with too much effort here...

Nobody likes to been characterized by the worst representatives among you. I would never personally generalize Niners fans as a bunch of thugs based on isolated incidents outside Candlestick. Anyway, I like chatting with ya'll. I'm not here to rattle any feathers. Sorry if I came across like that.
[ Edited by OahuHawkFan on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone