LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (SUPER BOWL XLVIII)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Seahawks fans name their baby after the '12th Man'--
If you're a Seahawks fan, you're entitled to take pride in the 12th man, one of the best fanbases in the league — but even the most ardent Seattle fans have to admit that naming a newborn child after the group might be going a little too far.

Meet Cydnee Leigh 12th Mann, currently the most adorable Seahawks fan in the world.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/seahawks-baby-named-12th-man/
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Seahawks fans name their baby after the '12th Man'--
If you're a Seahawks fan, you're entitled to take pride in the 12th man, one of the best fanbases in the league — but even the most ardent Seattle fans have to admit that naming a newborn child after the group might be going a little too far.

Meet Cydnee Leigh 12th Mann, currently the most adorable Seahawks fan in the world.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/seahawks-baby-named-12th-man/

One of the best fan bases in the league?

BAHAHABAHA

Piece of s**t loser scardy cat chicken s**t p***y fan base more like it.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I'm like Marshawn because he doesn't give a F#$%. He is no Rhodes scholar but at least he is genuine. You know what you get with him. There is no phony stuff going on.

At Deion Sanders - "I'm just 'bout that action Boss" ...
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Also at Deion Sanders "You lookin good n***a"

Anyone else catch that? Who says that to someone on live television?
NFL and ESPN trying their hardest to promote a s**tty Superbowl. This is like a poorly drawn WWE PPV from the mid 90s.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
NFL and ESPN trying their hardest to promote a s**tty Superbowl. This is like a poorly drawn WWE PPV from the mid 90s.
Spurs vs pistons 2005. All time great series but no one watched
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Spurs vs pistons 2005. All time great series but no one watched

True that. -I think we're gonna see the first SB blowout in ages, both teams are poorly marketable (specially international), Peyton is bringing this daddy home for slave master Goodell, who needs tons and tons of money since he had to dole out all those slave reparations in the concussion case..
Worst SB since oak vs tb
Haven't watched ESPN or NFLN since the NFC champ game. Also turned off me ESPN, NFL related text alerts. Go Broncos!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Haven't watched ESPN or NFLN since the NFC champ game. Also turned off me ESPN, NFL related text alerts. Go Broncos!
Lol this

True that. -I think we're gonna see the first SB blowout in ages, both teams are poorly marketable (specially international), Peyton is bringing this daddy home for slave master Goodell, who needs tons and tons of money since he had to dole out all those slave reparations in the concussion case..

Dam bro!
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Also at Deion Sanders "You lookin good n***a"

Anyone else catch that? Who says that to someone on live television?

They've stopped showing that version, since it aired LIVE ... only the edited clip on the replay loop.
All-in-All, beside him being a Seahawk, I have nothing against Beast Mode. I've followed him since
his days at Cal. There is no denying his skills at the RB position.
I really hate to say this niners fans, but Seattle is going to win this. I mean, if we beat Seattle we would have said that we would beat the Broncos. Seattle beat us and they are a better team than we are. I am going to swallow my pride and say the Seahawks are the best team out there. They deserve to win.
Originally posted by wonderbread84:
I really hate to say this niners fans, but Seattle is going to win this. I mean, if we beat Seattle we would have said that we would beat the Broncos. Seattle beat us and they are a better team than we are. I am going to swallow my pride and say the Seahawks are the best team out there. They deserve to win.

I've already conceded to pulling for them because I don't want to be third or fourth best. I would rather be arguably second best because they snuck by us largely due to our own error. For DEN to crush SEA would be like saying we were two teams away rather than one. One thing I am realizing due to another's post is that SEA won't have the 12th man vs DEN like they had vs us. Might make for a huge difference vs Peyton audibling to his very potent cast of targets. You got the huge Decker and Demarryious the slippery welker and that huge basketball tight end plus you got Knowsean. No wonder they had the number one offense and they ain't playing in the CLink!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM ]
Not only is it rare for the #1 Seed's from each conference to meet in the Superbowl, it is only the 5th time since the merger that the teams represent #1 Offense yard/points versus #1 Defense yards/points. The interesting thing is being able to break down the point differentials between the two teams.

Bronco's--------------------- Offense--------------- Defense (Seahawks allowed)-------------- Differential
Average Per game--------- 37.9 --------------------14.4 ------------------------------------------------23.4

Seahawks -------------------Offense ---------------Defense (Bronco's allow) --------------------Differential
Average Per Game --------26.1-------------------- 24.9-------------------------------------------------- 1.1

The Bronco's 23.4 point differential is the largest one in a Super Bowl since 1950. So we are looking at a high probability that Seattle will score 25 pts, but the Broncos are a big question mark. Denver has not met a defense like Seattle's except in Pre-Season when they got wiped out 40-10 by the Seahawks, but a pre-season performance is not going to represent the true abilities of either team.

Payton Manning has held the ball for an average of 2.36 seconds, so his receivers usually have separation off the line allowing him to get the ball out quickly. He was only sacked on an average of 2.7% during his drop backs, and a passer efficiency of 70.9%.

However, the Seahawks are better at Man Coverage than any team he played this year, and one tactic they use is jamming receivers at the line. This will force him to hold the ball longer, and face potential pressure from Defense. Manning's passing efficiency drops to 51.8% when he is under pressure. And the Seahawks have a +20 interception differential. So he could be either brilliant or horrible.

My guess is that the Broncos will anticipate all of this and try to stack 3 receivers together on one side (probably first half strategy), in an attempt to cross the defenders and create separation. But, while this has the potential to work, it is going to force at least one receiver to be behind the line a few yards and could allow the defense the ability to reduce gains by the offense. This is also an effective strategy in order to switch up receiver-defender match ups, but there is not that much of an advantage with switching up Seattle defenders, as they are all similar in capabilities.

Hopefully we see the best performances by each team, and we get a hell of a game out of it.
[ Edited by dave_n_ruth on Jan 29, 2014 at 4:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone