LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (SUPER BOWL XLVIII)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CitrusHawk:
But if, and it's a big "if", Seahawks win next year, then we can say, CURRENTLY we have the best franchise? But I guess what you consider makes up a franchise will be your bias. -49er fans be like, Only teams with 5 or more trophies are in the discussion as legitimate, then we are out.

Just saw a Seahawks Championship Gear ad on the bottom of this webpage....dafuq! some'n aint right..
But if, and it's a big "if", Seahawks win next year, then we can say, CURRENTLY we have the best franchise? But I guess what you consider makes up a franchise will be your bias. -49er fans be like, Only teams with 5 or more trophies are in the discussion as legitimate, then we are out.

Now that your team has won a trophy, does it seem silly to count regular season wins and tally up the margin of victory? Do you think Seattle fans have moved past the 42-13 phase?
if you win back to back titles, people will sing your praises as they should. it still doesnt enter you into the all time category. i'm not against seattle having a ring, i hate dallas, they have five, i hate green bay they have 4, i hate the giants and they have 4. 2 would not yet register with me.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM ]

Yup. Four more to go. Its only took your pathetic franchise 36 years to get one. See you in 144 years you Texas A&M Aggie.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup. Four more to go. Its only took your pathetic franchise 36 years to get one. See you in 144 years you Texas A&M Aggie.

finally caught up to their expansion brothers the bucs
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

Now that your team has won a trophy, does it seem silly to count regular season wins and tally up the margin of victory? Do you think Seattle fans have moved past the 42-13 phase?

I hope they move past the flying banners over our heads, blocking an entire state from buying tickets and throwing pop corn at injury carts phase first. What a piece of s**t low ass B rate franchise. You dips**ts should be ashamed of yourself.

Leading the league in steroids and penalties. What a sham.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Just saw a Seahawks Championship Gear ad on the bottom of this webpage....dafuq! some'n aint right..

Just regional advertising. I got German Vodafone ads.
I hope they move past the flying banners over our heads, blocking an entire state from buying tickets and throwing pop corn at injury carts phase first. What a piece of s**t low ass B rate franchise. You dips**ts should be ashamed of yourself.

The Popcorn thing should never have happened. The rest will remain if not intensify. :P
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

We were like that because before this point you guys were all bark no bite.You won, you can talk but I would still say even "if" you won again then I would still say New England just for the decade long run they have had.I mean the Giants beat them in the Superbowl with a great D twice and look at them now. As a fan I would take their Superbowl wins and losses and overall performance since they beat the Rams in the Superbowl.Remember now the whole league is gunning for you guys now.Expect teams to go no-huddle and other schemes to take you out.Teams figured out the read option this off season and the wildcat before that.Your defense has a weakness and it's going to get tested(I don't know it and I only take my guesses) Is your team prepared to adjust to that is the question.

Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:

The Popcorn thing should never have happened. The rest will remain if not intensify. :P

Haha I like that we can refer to "The Popcorn thing" with capital letters. It will live in infamy with other notable, named occurrences in our beloved game. Spygate. Bountygate. The Popcorn thing.
Originally posted by 9er2k:

We were like that because before this point you guys were all bark no bite.You won, you can talk but I would still say even "if" you won again then I would still say New England just for the decade long run they have had.I mean the Giants beat them in the Superbowl with a great D twice and look at them now. As a fan I would take their Superbowl wins and losses and overall performance since they beat the Rams in the Superbowl.Remember now the whole league is gunning for you guys now.Expect teams to go no-huddle and other schemes to take you out.Teams figured out the read option this off season and the wildcat before that.Your defense has a weakness and it's going to get tested(I don't know it and I only take my guesses) Is your team prepared to adjust to that is the question.

the biggest thing with champs is how late they play and the offseason they'll have. they're the darlings, they'll be everywhere and on every show. teams will come at them hard to make a name off of their name and with such a long season, they'll get back to grinding well after everyone. theres usually bad injury luck aswell. theres a reason nobody has been to back to back sb's in over 10 years
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:

New batch of juice this season? Piece of s**t Sherman roid rage tested.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Get 4 more then we can talk

Actually I agree, but not necessarily 4 more. I feel that another trophy next year would suffice. Two in a row, especially with the NFL business model of today, would be sufficient to claim we now have a legitimate franchise that is better than any other current one. But that is my opinion.

Oh, and another thing I thought was weird was your very own Steve Young. He was going bonkers over Seattle's new age holistic approach to player wellness. I mean jeez dude.. I think he was even starting to freak out 49er diehard fans, not the majority of 49er fans that came onboard last year with their new Kaep jersey arriving in the mail.

LOL Seahawk math, 2 = 5
Get 4 more then we can talk

Actually I agree, but not necessarily 4 more. I feel that another trophy next year would suffice. Two in a row, especially with the NFL business model of today, would be sufficient to claim we now have a legitimate franchise that is better than any other current one. But that is my opinion.

Oh, and another thing I thought was weird was your very own Steve Young. He was going bonkers over Seattle's new age holistic approach to player wellness. I mean jeez dude.. I think he was even starting to freak out 49er diehard fans, not the majority of 49er fans that came onboard last year with their new Kaep jersey arriving in the mail.

LOL Seahawk math, 2 = 5

yeah theres really not any credit for how recent it is. they get the next 8 months to brag, hell maybe even 12 until a new champ is crowned, but after that nobody cares if its a 2007 title or a 1997 title. they all count for 1.
Share 49ersWebzone