There are 199 users in the forums

Heath Evans a Football Genius? He thinks so.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Eric Davis? Mooch? Jeff Garcia?

I don't know if I can call any of them true homers, they back up what they say with what's on film. Mooch has been very critical of the 49ers prior to the Harbaugh era. I Think they are just proud and loyal fans that want to be a part of the Quest.
guys are going to pick favs with either teams they played on or teams they currently love for whatever reason. it is what it is. what i would like to see however is some accountability. guys like evans can pick against us week after week, but come monday they just forget about how they were wrong. you never hear any mention it. they should flash up a graphic that says so and so is 0 for whatever with his picks last week or against a particular team or whatever. obviously they would never do something like that because the networks like to portray their guys as experts and know it alls, and if they said something or flashed up a graphic showing how average they really are at predictions it would be a direct shot at their credibility and overall knowledge of the game.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
Every time he opens his mouth it's Belichick this (old team), Drew Brees that (old team), and now he's riding the Seahawk's jock (old team). Whenever he's asked about the 49ers, he begins with a condescending chuckle. On the Game, yesterday, I could not believe the homerism with this guy, I doubt he watches any film, but claims all these over whelming match-ups the Seahawks have over the 49ers. Miller over Vernon Davis, Wilson over Kaep, Lynch over Gore, Golden Tate over Crabtree. Bobby Wagner over Willis, and so on. I would agree Richard Sherman is better than any of our DBs but the rest, not even close. Your thoughts.

Originally posted by vermonator:
He didn't name names, he just said if you look at the match-ups on paper, the Seahawks have the edge on nearly every position. Who else could he be talking about?
I don't agree with the assessment but, most likely, if he was saying the Seahawks have match-up advantages, he didn't mean RB vs. RB or WR vs. WR...he meant, for example, Crabtree vs. Sherman, Davis vs. Chancellor or Thomas, Tate vs. Brown, etc. Again, I don't agree with it but I've heard this in a couple of places this week (i.e. Seahawks secondary can shut down the 49ers WR's and Davis, Lynch has had 3 of the last 5 100 yard plus games against the 49ers defense over the last 3 years, etc.)

It ignores a lot, including, but not limited to, the 49ers OL has against the Seahawks DL, Gore has consistently had good games against the Seahawks as well, Aldon Smith and Brooks vs. the Seahawk tackles, etc.

This isn't rocket science...this game comes down to: (1) withstanding the initial avalanche in the first half of the first quarter; (2) not turning the ball over and (3) winning the battles in the trenches. The match-up advantages the 49ers have should allow them to all three of those and if they do, they'll win.
Never heard of this guy
He claimed in 2009 that Josh Freeman was going to be the best qb in the NFC South. We see how that worked out
Sunday the talk is over.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Evans looks like an overgrown whiny baby
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Last year the Ravens were the darlings of the NFL hierarchy and ESPN. The Ray Lewis story blah, blah.

This year I feel they'll do the same w/Peyton.

Heath is a clone who puppets what the others there are hoping for.

Even when we win the Super Bowl, it won't be about us. They'll want to talk about how the other team lost it and not how we won it.

Then, they'll say something like "Yeah the Niners won the Super Bowl BUT next season Seattle will be the favorite" or something along those lines.

We don't have anyone in our corner on NFL Network like Denver, Seattle and New England does.

Your exactly right i was thinking the same thing if the niners were to win the superbowl the majority of the coverage would be on the losing team and how we have no chance next year. Just like when the SF Giants won the WS in 2012 all the coverage was on the Tigers it was almost as if they had won.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jan 17, 2014 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
Is he on ESPN? Why do you watch ESPN? I don't understand why people complain about the talking heads on ESPN all the time. They get people on there to spew garbage and generate controversy. It's good for ratings, because it gets people riled up (case in point: you started a topic about it you were so outraged). Hacks like Skip Bayless, Woody Paige, etc... are nothing more than glorified trolls.

Seriously, ESPN is like half sports, half TMZ anymore. Stop watching it. They know the guys they put on TV are going to spew nonsense. That's why they are on there to begin with.

This. The s**t that would spew outta the Cohn family's mouths would always piss me off, now anything article on the zone from the press democrat I just skip over it
Originally posted by E-49er:
HEath has always been a condescending hater. He doesn't know crap.I actually think the most unbiased opinions are ED and Garcia, They picked Seattle's D and Seattles coaching over the 49ers and I thought that was fair given we haven't had much success playing in Seattle lately. The other guys I cannot stand are Baldinger, Sharpe, and Dukes on NFL Network.

yea i can't stand dukes either, baldy is fine i like him.

Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Last year the Ravens were the darlings of the NFL hierarchy and ESPN. The Ray Lewis story blah, blah.

This year I feel they'll do the same w/Peyton.

Heath is a clone who puppets what the others there are hoping for.

Even when we win the Super Bowl, it won't be about us. They'll want to talk about how the other team lost it and not how we won it.

Then, they'll say something like "Yeah the Niners won the Super Bowl BUT next season Seattle will be the favorite" or something along those lines.

We don't have anyone in our corner on NFL Network like Denver, Seattle and New England does.

Your exactly right i was thinking the same thing if the niners were to win the superbowl the majority of the coverage would be on the losing team and how we have no chance next year. Just like when the SF Giants won the WS in 2012 all the coverage was on the Tigers it was almost as if they had won.

East coast bias.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by E-49er:
HEath has always been a condescending hater. He doesn't know crap.I actually think the most unbiased opinions are ED and Garcia, They picked Seattle's D and Seattles coaching over the 49ers and I thought that was fair given we haven't had much success playing in Seattle lately. The other guys I cannot stand are Baldinger, Sharpe, and Dukes on NFL Network.

yea i can't stand dukes either, baldy is fine i like him.

Jamie Dukes LOL !
95.7 the Game was talking about him the other day. Didn't hear what he said but they made it out to seem like Evans thinks we have zero shot and the game probably won't be close.

f**k that cracker.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Howcome ESPN and NFL Network give Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Pats & Broncos BJs all year and all week. We are always 2nd Fiddle??

Future HOFers, that's why.

I hate Evans. he always has that dumbass smile and he totally hates the 49ers. NEVER picks them. I don't even have to wait for his opinion on a 49ers subject because I already know what he will say. He one of those heads that is NEVER right but doesn't lose any credibility. And i'm sure someday his dad will get punched over a can of soup.
Heath Evans is the worst analyst on the Network.

i've felt this ever since i got NFL network.

btw............ you can tell Deion has some animosity towards the niners also if you read in between the lines.............

edit: 2nd worst behind jaime dukes.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone