Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280264&page=5

Jakemall, resident Chiefs/Alex fan is already over there, stirring s**t up.

Gotta register to see

Those guys are crazy. Without smith they are 2-14

When I think NT has gone off the deep end, I go over to ChiefsPlanet and it makes me appreciate NT, even on a bad day. Some of the most vocal posters over there appear to never watch a football game. Even Mike Mayock, a guy who never had any real love for Alex Smith, admitted today that he was far beyond a "game manager."

I've watched a lot of football in my time and I can count on the fingers of my hands the number of times I have seen a better performance in a big game than what Smith did today. He was brilliant.

What was brilliant was the QB that actually won the game

what wasn't brilliant--your post

No one should speak ill of either QB in the game. Luck furthers his legend as the come back king and Smith played an excellent game as well. So I enjoyed an offensive game for the century! Or decade! Or...at least for this Saturday!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Smith is a choke job. He cannot win a big one. He hasn't won one meaningful playoff game.

New Orleans playoff game.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I want every team to lose right now, except the 49rs of course

You don't believe that nor do I. You haven't said a word about Philadelphia...why not? No, you just come back to bash Smith and gloat..."Oh look! He lost! He's a loser!" Sad. Somehow, even though he played well enough to win...40 points is usually enough...you hang it on him and celebrate. Seriously, think about this and see if you can't see a bit of absurdity in all this hating.

Stop trying to make this about smith...let it go

Hmm...you are so very clever! LOL!
Proud of Alex... no JC... no problem... if only Bowe remembered that ya gotta get that 2nd foot in bounds... oops. Was fun.. and KC should be proud. Defense fails as they had all 2nd half of the season. But... 2-14 to that? Good for them... damn proud!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
I must say, Smith played great today, surprised even me!

However, he was not the best QB in the game and anyone who disagrees is a blind homer.

Ridiculous statement. Luck threw 3 picks, wasn't pressured nearly as much as Alex and his WRs did a much better job getting open. Luck had a great comeback, yes, but he was a big reason they fell so far behind to begin with. Alex played one of the best games I've seen all year. If not for his amazing footwork and elusiveness, he would've been sacked 10 times.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Proud of Alex... no JC... no problem... if only Bowe remembered that ya gotta get that 2nd foot in bounds... oops. Was fun.. and KC should be proud. Defense fails as they had all 2nd half of the season. But... 2-14 to that? Good for them... damn proud!

haha alex lost
Originally posted by vaden:
Ridiculous statement. Luck threw 3 picks, wasn't pressured nearly as much as Alex and his WRs did a much better job getting open. Luck had a great comeback, yes, but he was a big reason they fell so far behind to begin with. Alex played one of the best games I've seen all year. If not for his amazing footwork and elusiveness, he would've been sacked 10 times.

The team was trailing 31-10 before Luck turned the ball over. In that situation you're just prone to make some mistakes, but credit to him he fought thru and led his team to 5 touchdowns in the second half.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Let the games continue. Good first day, next up, Chargers @ Bengals.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Next yr should be even better for the chiefs and alex...get all their players back healthy.
So proud of alex..war alex..war

Just watched a replay of the Chiefs-Colts game. How do you let a 5'9", 178 pound receiver run wild for 224 yards. From the angles the cameras showed on TV the Chiefs made no attempt to smash him at the line of scrimmage. Alex played a winning game, but when your top player goes down in the first three minutes of the game, and during the game your best DB and #2 receiver also, winning is tough.
Even before all the injuries to Chiefs defensive players, their defense was prone to soft stretches during the game all year. I wasn't surprised that the Colts were able to comeback. But to let them go ahead and win the game--wow the Chiefs choked. Sutton is a good DC, but he might want fall on his sword and resign after this one. Take the fall for the rest of his soldiers on defense. Terrible that the Colts were able to score so quickly and often. There wasn't any stoutness on the defense to force the Colts to go 11 plays 6-7 minutes off the clock type scoring drives. It's just a tough lost for the Chiefs because the offense was on fire even with Charles and again without Avery. Smith had one of his best game in 2 years. A couple of mistakes in the fumble and getting caught in a potential sack or a penalty throw-away. But still one hell of a good game by Smith. His decision were among the best in the game and so were his passes. Unless there are more injuries, the Chiefs should be back in the playoffs next year. But that D needs to be fixed. I think it's the scheme more than the individual players, because they did make plays individually to get the 3 turnovers. But they are still leaving receivers wide open too often.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 5, 2014 at 6:54 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
No one should speak ill of either QB in the game. Luck furthers his legend as the come back king and Smith played an excellent game as well. So I enjoyed an offensive game for the century! Or decade! Or...at least for this Saturday!

luck does look kind of dumb in that beard. i just have no idea how to console a chiefs fan. i think the kc coach was not smart for taking a time out after the two minute warning, luck got lucky on the fumble, kc could have just as well picked it up and ran 99 yards.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Even before all the injuries to Chiefs defensive players, their defense was prone to soft stretches during the game all year. I wasn't surprised that the Colts were able to comeback. But to let them go ahead and win the game--wow the Chiefs choked. Sutton is a good DC, but he might want fall on his sword and resign after this one. Take the fall for the rest of his soldiers on defense. Terrible that the Colts were able to score so quickly and often. There wasn't any stoutness on the defense to force the Colts to go 11 plays 6-7 minutes off the clock type scoring drives. It's just a tough lost for the Chiefs because the offense was on fire even with Charles and again without Avery. Smith had one of his best game in 2 years. A couple of mistakes in the fumble and getting caught in a potential sack or a penalty throw-away. But still one hell of a good game by Smith. His decision were among the best in the game and so were his passes. Unless there are more injuries, the Chiefs should be back in the playoffs next year. But that D needs to be fixed. I think it's the scheme more than the individual players, because they did make plays individually to get the 3 turnovers. But they are still leaving receivers wide open too often.

I think chiefs can win the division next year. And to be honest, Alex carried the chiefs yesterday. He put on his cape but Luck balled out and showed a competitive fire the likes of which he wouldn't be denied
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
New Orleans playoff game.
first of all, it would be nice to know what a meaningLESS playoff game looks like...
Share 49ersWebzone