LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Wild Card Weekend

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dhp318:
Saints winning and Chiefs losing was the best case scenario.

Some around here would strongly disagree with you for some reason.
Originally posted by WashDCNinerFan:
Not so fast my friends. Sean Payton is a very good coach and the saints D played very good tonight. It in not a given that saints lose next week.

Making Shady a non factor keeping him under 100 yards tonight and making Foles and their passing game look...well, ordinary - I thought it was a great defensive effort from New Orleans (although Foles had a little too much time in the pocket). Brees and the offense looked off tonight but its uncharacteristic for them and I believe with more rest and planning, they'll give Seattle a game. Please let's not crown Seattle just yet, they have looked anything but invincible in the last month.
My my...the Saints just made things even a little more interesting.

Just found out Ric Flair gave the 49ers a pep talk tonight.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Disagree. If their defense shows up and plays hard a full 4 quarters, they have a chance. They need more of a pass rush tho. They will need to get more pressure on the midget and keep him in the pocket. And Brees and Payton are a dynamic duo - I think this one will be close, I doubt they get their tails whooped twice in a row.

Saints have good edge rushers with Gallette and Jordan but I still don't think that is enough. They will definitely have to play mistake free and that is not something I think Brees will do against a good defense on the road
  • dj43
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by zillabeast2:
Originally posted by dj43:
Just reviewing the final pass to Bowe. Should have been PI. The defender had an arm bar on Bowe before the pass arrived. You can clearly see Bowe's upper body being moved toward the sideline BEFORE he catches the ball. Without the arm, Bowe catches it and stays in bounds and KC has an easy field goal to win the game with seconds left on the clock.

I saw that too

but playoff football...

Yeah, it's the playoffs. Only blatant holds and PI violations get called.

Niner coaches should remember this, especially after last post season.

…and that is OK with me. I don't want officials deciding the outcome. Though that was PI, it was not so blatant that everybody in the house would jump up and scream. Still, if it had been called I don't think there would be much room to argue against it. Just my thoughts...

found this on facebook lol. must be an eagle fan who put it together since they misspelled trophy lol
[ Edited by hondakillerzx on Jan 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
All this talk of the nfccg at the stick makes me want to punch u all in the balls. Can't overlook the Packers. Bad f'n joo joo.

we can look at whoever we want. The players and coaches cant.
Just keep Seattle out of our way until the NFC Champ game and anything is possible in that game. It's like a Game 7. We have to take care of biz tomorrow first, but the path is shaping up nicely. I much rather like our chances at Carolina with VD and Crabs healthy, than a short week up north. We had that game at The Stick, and handed it to Cam.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Saints win + 49ers win + 49ers Win @ CAR + Saints win @ SEA =

Saints @ Candlestick

Oh yeah.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

found this on facebook lol. must be an eagle fan who put it together since they misspelled trophy lol

but do the CAWK suckers even have a ribbon in their empty case

Originally posted by LVJay:

Maybe a maxi pad
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Maybe a maxi pad

Originally posted by WashDCNinerFan:
Not so fast my friends. Sean Payton is a very good coach and the saints D played very good tonight. It in not a given that saints lose next week.

Making Shady a non factor keeping him under 100 yards tonight and making Foles and their passing game look...well, ordinary - I thought it was a great defensive effort from New Orleans (although Foles had a little too much time in the pocket). Brees and the offense looked off tonight but its uncharacteristic for them and I believe with more rest and planning, they'll give Seattle a game. Please let's not crown Seattle just yet, they have looked anything but invincible in the last month.

they controlled TOP 35 to 25 minutes and the LOS 185 yds rushing to 80 yds rushing. Exactly the type of play they have to have in SEA. They packed their defense and their running game on the road for a change
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Maybe a maxi pad

HAHA... a whole bunch of them to fill up the emptiness
Originally posted by Sims84:
Disagree. If their defense shows up and plays hard a full 4 quarters, they have a chance. They need more of a pass rush tho. They will need to get more pressure on the midget and keep him in the pocket. And Brees and Payton are a dynamic duo - I think this one will be close, I doubt they get their tails whooped twice in a row.

Saints have good edge rushers with Gallette and Jordan but I still don't think that is enough. They will definitely have to play mistake free and that is not something I think Brees will do against a good defense on the road

Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints loss, they certainly have their disadvantages against Seattle but I'm not going to count them out and crown Seattle immediately either, they are not invincible or unbeatable. Seattle's offense has been struggling lately - I think this time around, it will be close and if Saints get pressure on Wilson, keep him in the pocket, minimize the big plays, and Brees limits his mistakes I see no reason why they don't have a shot at pulling off an upset.
Share 49ersWebzone