LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

How far into the Playoffs will the Chiefs go?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
Why is everyone is ganging up on me

look deep inside and you will find your answer
[ Edited by hofer36 on Jan 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM ]
its the NFL play-offs and anything can happen. The Indy vs Chiefs game 2 weeks ago really does not matter, Andy Reid played a vanilla game throughout while the Colts came with every will to win. I don´t think the gametape will give Colts anything but it will help the Chiefs
chiefs will be the afc champ and we beat them in the soopa bowl
Lol this thread will be locked by Monday.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Why is everyone is ganging up on me

look deep inside and you will find your answer

lol, thanks
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Lol this thread will be locked by Monday.

Could be...Colts and Cincy are likely the two toughest teams in the AFC. I think the Chiefs will beat the Colts though.
  • Jiks
Game could go either way. That is all I have to say about that.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
For those that believe that Kansas City will lose simply because Indianapolis handled them this season, I remember in 2003 the Denver Broncos handled an Indianapolis Colts team in the regular season. And then they met in the playoffs, where the Colts hadn't won under Peyton Manning (ever). The Colts proceeded to stomp Denver 41-10. Things can change A LOT in the playoffs. If Kansas City marched all the way to the Super Bowl, I would not be surprised. I have them beating the Colts, but losing to Denver (if their defense isn't healthy).

its a popular logic with fans. the team X beat you last time so it will happen again. nfl is so unpredictable i dont understand how people fall into the same trappings all the time with their analysis. i also remember the jets losing 45-3 late in the year in new england, only to return there and win in the playoffs.

its also popular logic that a team that has gone 2-5 down the stretch wont do anything in the playoffs. or a team that hasnt beat a .500 team since week 3 wont do anything in the playoffs. the chiefs are a mediocre team

i'm not really concerned with what you think the cheifs are or are not. i'm just making a point about what i like to call the shallow analysis crowd. the 'we beat you last time, so theres no chance for you this time' crowd. i'm all for hearing how a given fan thinks a team will win a game, but more often then not you just get the 'smoked you last time, gonna happen again'.....i mean if thats really the case, why are we as 49er fans even trying to go to the divisional round? we lost to both teams with byes.
im sure that those taking this position also will say that if the niners play seattle in the nfc championship they have no chance to win because the last 2 times they played in seattle they got whupped--sure they will

Right?! It feels like most Zoners WANT to go to Sea and expect to win.

But the Chiefs wanting/doing the same thing -Preposterous!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by communist:
Instead of calling people names, how bout contributing some real insight to the thread?

The title of the thread is "How far will the Chiefs go?" and I gave my opinion. You're welcome!
i am tired of discussing with trolls, sorry.

Troll ? How ?

This is the sorry Azz chiefs thread on a 49ers board...there are many other teams on this nfl forum that get the same treatment
How many other teams did we trade with and whose fates are tied to our draft picks?

Every conditional draft pick we get deals with our well being of how well that player does...but it's ok to trash those guys and teams they are on now ?

The chiefs will not help us any further from now on

The question.... Remains unanswered.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

Super Bowl. Book it.
Nice bedroom eyes, Alex...

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If they couldn't beat Indianapolis in Kansas City, then they're not going to beat Indianapolis in Indianapolis.

It only makes sense to come to that conclusion.

Not necessarily, and the way the NFL has been lately you cannot use that logic anymore unless it's against a team like the Saints or Seahawks (home field advantage). The Colts took a major ass kicking at home to the Rams, for one.

The Chiefs and Colts played that penultimate regular season game with the #4 and #5 seeds already locked in, meaning it was foregone conclusion they would rematch in two weeks. I sincerely think Reid took a dive for that game. With the way the Colts have played the second half of this season, could you see them blowing out ANY good teams? I don't think so.

Last year we saw the Packers/Vikings duke it out in the Metrodome in week 17, only because winning would give GB a first round bye. If it was automatic that they would rematch the week after regardless of outcome, I'm pretty sure the Packers would have rested starters.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
its the NFL play-offs and anything can happen. The Indy vs Chiefs game 2 weeks ago really does not matter, Andy Reid played a vanilla game throughout while the Colts came with every will to win. I don´t think the gametape will give Colts anything but it will help the Chiefs

Ok, I see how my post above is slightly inaccurate:

Chiefs were #5 as of two weeks ago regardless of what happened (i.e. Denver clinched HFA, and KC had way more wins than any other wildcard team could have). The Colts on the other hand were battling for a possible #3 seed, but Cincinnati held strong and locked it down.

So makes sense that the Chiefs would lay down knowing there was a very good chance for a rematch in the wildcard round, and they got it.
BTW, all the people here hating on the Chiefs and taking some sadistic joy in seeing Alex fail....."one and done"....

Just remember how insulting it was to hear that when Alex was OUR QB two years ago.

I'll say this right now:

The first half of season defense/ST with second half offense will absolutely make noise in these playoffs. Going to the AFC Champ game would not surprise me.....just a question if super bowl (like it always has been with AS).
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:

Ok, I see how my post above is slightly inaccurate:

Chiefs were #5 as of two weeks ago regardless of what happened (i.e. Denver clinched HFA, and KC had way more wins than any other wildcard team could have). The Colts on the other hand were battling for a possible #3 seed, but Cincinnati held strong and locked it down.

So makes sense that the Chiefs would lay down knowing there was a very good chance for a rematch in the wildcard round, and they got it.
What are you talking about, Chiefs had a chance to take the 1st seed that game vs the Colts
What are you talking about, Chiefs had a chance to take the 1st seed that game vs the Colts

LOL what are you talking about? Denver had locked the tie breaker. Denver would have had to lose a game to either Houston and Oakland for that to happen.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone