LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

How far into the Playoffs will the Chiefs go?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
For those that believe that Kansas City will lose simply because Indianapolis handled them this season, I remember in 2003 the Denver Broncos handled an Indianapolis Colts team in the regular season. And then they met in the playoffs, where the Colts hadn't won under Peyton Manning (ever). The Colts proceeded to stomp Denver 41-10. Things can change A LOT in the playoffs. If Kansas City marched all the way to the Super Bowl, I would not be surprised. I have them beating the Colts, but losing to Denver (if their defense isn't healthy).

its a popular logic with fans. the team X beat you last time so it will happen again. nfl is so unpredictable i dont understand how people fall into the same trappings all the time with their analysis. i also remember the jets losing 45-3 late in the year in new england, only to return there and win in the playoffs.

its also popular logic that a team that has gone 2-5 down the stretch wont do anything in the playoffs. or a team that hasnt beat a .500 team since week 3 wont do anything in the playoffs. the chiefs are a mediocre team
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by English:
And they are still in the AFC. But they won't go far.

Denver is hurting on defense, Pats lost Gronk...Even Indy has looked worse without their best WR. Cincy seems to be the likely rep to the superbowl.

Well if they make it back there is only one team allowed to represent the NFC against them!

There's a hell of a story if either KC or Cincy makes it to the superbowl to play the 9ers.

Round 3 vs Cincy and Alex Vs. Kap.

isn't it funny how the story lines for the NFL superbowls keep getting better lately?

Alex vs. Kap is really only big with SF and KC fans. Nobody else cares because neither of them are the primary reason their teams are good. It would be different if both guys were carrying their respective teams, but that isn't the case.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
For those that believe that Kansas City will lose simply because Indianapolis handled them this season, I remember in 2003 the Denver Broncos handled an Indianapolis Colts team in the regular season. And then they met in the playoffs, where the Colts hadn't won under Peyton Manning (ever). The Colts proceeded to stomp Denver 41-10. Things can change A LOT in the playoffs. If Kansas City marched all the way to the Super Bowl, I would not be surprised. I have them beating the Colts, but losing to Denver (if their defense isn't healthy).

its a popular logic with fans. the team X beat you last time so it will happen again. nfl is so unpredictable i dont understand how people fall into the same trappings all the time with their analysis. i also remember the jets losing 45-3 late in the year in new england, only to return there and win in the playoffs.

its also popular logic that a team that has gone 2-5 down the stretch wont do anything in the playoffs. or a team that hasnt beat a .500 team since week 3 wont do anything in the playoffs. the chiefs are a mediocre team

i'm not really concerned with what you think the cheifs are or are not. i'm just making a point about what i like to call the shallow analysis crowd. the 'we beat you last time, so theres no chance for you this time' crowd. i'm all for hearing how a given fan thinks a team will win a game, but more often then not you just get the 'smoked you last time, gonna happen again'.....i mean if thats really the case, why are we as 49er fans even trying to go to the divisional round? we lost to both teams with byes.
i'm not really concerned with what you think the cheifs are or are not. i'm just making a point about what i like to call the shallow analysis crowd. the 'we beat you last time, so theres no chance for you this time' crowd. i'm all for hearing how a given fan thinks a team will win a game, but more often then not you just get the 'smoked you last time, gonna happen again'.....i mean if thats really the case, why are we as 49er fans even trying to go to the divisional round? we lost to both teams with byes.

That last part has nothing to do with what you are trying to say

With that logic we should have lost to the rams and the cardinals and Jax should have won every divisional game

Chiefs suck and will lose to who ever in the first round..it just so happens to be the colts which they already lost to
I'd be very surprised if the got past Indy this weekend lol.
They can win against Indy, if the defense shows up, now that Houston is presumably healthy. Beyond that, I don't see them making it all the way to the AFCCG.

It's possible, of course, and for them to even get into the playoffs after a 2-14 season is quite an accomplishment. Really is a shame that their D declined so badly down the stretch. Having your two best pass rushers injured and the worst starting FS in football can do that. There was a recent article with quotes from Dwayne Bowe... talking about stepping up for these big games... and well, they will really need him to. It's a shame that KC gave him that fat contract, and now, he just gives effort when he feels like it.

It should be a fun weekend all around, and win or lose, I hope they can keep the game close and exciting. A win or further wins is just gravy on top of a rewarding season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
they'll lose to Indy. they did not beat a good team all season.

THIS
They could squeak past Indy but be that they are shot. Denver or New England would hammer em.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
If the defense shows just a minor minor pass rush on luck, THEY WILL BEAT THE HELL OUTTA INDY

having Houston and hali hurt down the stretch really messed them up
[ Edited by dmax on Jan 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM ]
Alex Smith will lead the Chiefs to the AFC Championship, which they will lose after their returner muffs a punt deep in their own territory in overtime...

Originally posted by Empire49:
Alex vs. Kap is really only big with SF and KC fans. Nobody else cares because neither of them are the primary reason their teams are good. It would be different if both guys were carrying their respective teams, but that isn't the case.

It would only because the whole world saw the drama advertised clear into the superbowl. It's not just about two teams..if it were, no one would care about the Harbowl.
Originally posted by mickey49:
Alex Smith will lead the Chiefs to the AFC Championship, which they will lose after their returner muffs a punt deep in their own territory in overtime...

LOL you do realize that Kyle is on IR, right?
Originally posted by mickey49:

LOL you do realize that Kyle is on IR, right?

Probably just making a funny. I do like that the Chiefs go into the playoffs as underdogs. Will be hilarious, if they excel.
Alex will throw 3 picks in this game

BOOK IT
Originally posted by Empire49:

It would only because the whole world saw the drama advertised clear into the superbowl. It's not just about two teams..if it were, no one would care about the Harbowl.
i think it would be huge. the two weeks before the superbowl the nfl will make sure everyone knows the situation. espn and nfl network will flood the story until people are sick of it. i for one would love to see the niners beat the chiefs in the superbowl
Share 49ersWebzone