LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

How far into the Playoffs will the Chiefs go?

Shop 49ers game tickets
For our sake a very quick exit is a better draft choice.... For the 2nd round pick. The do seem to be declining down the stretch anyway so I would kind of expect them to lose. But they are certainly capable of winning a game in the playoffs.
For all the Probowlers they have, that defense is shaky as hell. They should be able to beat the Colts, but who knows...
  • buck
  • Veteran
The sooner they lose, the better for us.

So, I hope with all my heart that they lose this weekend.
They'll beat Indy and lose in the divisional.
[ Edited by pelos21 on Jan 2, 2014 at 11:58 AM ]
One & done!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by English:
And they are still in the AFC. But they won't go far.

Denver is hurting on defense, Pats lost Gronk...Even Indy has looked worse without their best WR. Cincy seems to be the likely rep to the superbowl.

You got some good points, but I don't think they can beat the Colts or Broncos, let alone the Patriots . The Chiefs is one of the team that I don't give a rat's about but time after time, they seem to inherited a lot of x49ers, especially back when they make Joe as an average Joe. Honestly, I could care less of Alex Smith and I think I have seen enough of him good and bad. Happy for his opportunity though, and that probably about it. MOVE ON!!! On the plus side, it would be a good story if we, the 49ers, play the Chiefs in the SB and let's settle all some critics, who went into flame when Alex lost his job due to injury.

For the time being, one game at a time, first let beat the Packers!!!!
Colts defense is solid as well. They gave the Cheifs trouble last game. I think Luck will pull one of his late game heroics in a tight game.
Round 2
  • thl408
Originally posted by buck:

^ Go Colts! I want the best possible 2nd rounder in the draft.
For those that believe that Kansas City will lose simply because Indianapolis handled them this season, I remember in 2003 the Denver Broncos handled an Indianapolis Colts team in the regular season. And then they met in the playoffs, where the Colts hadn't won under Peyton Manning (ever). The Colts proceeded to stomp Denver 41-10. Things can change A LOT in the playoffs. If Kansas City marched all the way to the Super Bowl, I would not be surprised. I have them beating the Colts, but losing to Denver (if their defense isn't healthy).

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by buck:

^ Go Colts! I want the best possible 2nd rounder in the draft.

Since they didn't go 8-8 like they where supposed to, one and done is the best we can hope.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
For those that believe that Kansas City will lose simply because Indianapolis handled them this season, I remember in 2003 the Denver Broncos handled an Indianapolis Colts team in the regular season. And then they met in the playoffs, where the Colts hadn't won under Peyton Manning (ever). The Colts proceeded to stomp Denver 41-10. Things can change A LOT in the playoffs. If Kansas City marched all the way to the Super Bowl, I would not be surprised. I have them beating the Colts, but losing to Denver (if their defense isn't healthy).

How does that compare to this game?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Super Bowl Bound
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

its a popular logic with fans. the team X beat you last time so it will happen again. nfl is so unpredictable i dont understand how people fall into the same trappings all the time with their analysis. i also remember the jets losing 45-3 late in the year in new england, only to return there and win in the playoffs.
They might get by the Colts, but I really dont see them getting much farther than that. The D is good, but the offense is totally reliant on the recievers and backs turning dump offs and screens into huge gains. They struggle hard against teams with good tackling fundamentals.
Share 49ersWebzone