LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

raiders miscellany

Shop 49ers game tickets
They win the hypothetical draft lottery and Bridgewater takes them to the Super Bowl
Originally posted by GEEK:
DA hasn't really done any favors for his job security in the past few weeks. And their GM wiffed on one too many 1st to 4th round draft picks in two years.

The Raiders should be an attractive destination for GM and HC prospects now - no salary cap hell, full stock of draft picks, and some blue chip prospects scattered around the roster.

Ken Wisenhunt would be an interesting choice as the new head coach - on the condition that they can sign a guy like Matt Schaub to compete for the starting QB spot. Wisenhunt was very successful with Kurt Warner - someone who achieved success early as a starter, but bottomed out and needed a fresh start. And he'll most likely be cut, so no trade compensation needed.

Assuming they resign their core guys (Houston, Veldheer), I'd aggressively target certain free agents on both sides of the ball. Players like Jairus Byrd (FS), Tarell Brown (CB), Michael Bennett (DE), Matt Schaub (QB), and Jon Asamoah (OG). Then deliver in the draft on instant starters:

R1: Sammy Watkins - WR
R2: Will Sutton - DT
R3: Joel Bitonio - T/G (starter at LG, but backup LT)

You add playmakers, provide a vet QB to compete for the starting spot, elevate the defensive talent, and actually field a compete team.

The raiders will do none of that.
http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiderette-accuses-NFL-team-of-short-changing-its-5165922.php
Raiderettes under paid eyecandy
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Raiders are like the d league of the NFL.
Portland seeking http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/portland-fans-want-the-raiders-to-move-north/ NFL team ....maybe the Raiders? Please make this happen
We gotta have another Raider thread? The saddest thing is, we still have idiots walking around in Raider gear over here because they think it is hard and well cool.

Well sad, actually. Like supporting losers. Didn't mind them under Madden and Flores but they redefine irrelevant and have done for years.
Funniest thing in the world is a Raider fan talking s**t about the Niners
When was the last year they had a winning record?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
f**k THE RAIDERS!!! I hope they move again lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Niners fan

Team I dislike-
Seahacks

Teams I really care less about-
All remaining teams

Why are we talking about the Raiders. This the 49erswebzone.

I hate your name. Reminds me of Seattle
[ Edited by Garcia on Mar 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM ]

Posted elsewhere
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM ]
They have so many needs.

Does anyone seeing them trading back for extra picks?

I don't see us trading with them but you never know.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
They have so many needs.

Agree and I think Oakland would love to find someone that could give them a handful of picks similar the rumor that was floating around a couple of weeks ago-

Over on Walterfootball.com a poster posted his 1st round Mock Draft. Now we all know that mocks this early in the off season are a BS. Things change so much in the next couple of months. Players rise and fall so much.

But what I found HI-larious is that he has the Niners picking Watkins @ 5 and sending 9 picks (1.30, 2.24, 2.29, 3.13, 3.30, 6.29, 7.27, 7.28, 7.30) to Oak for it.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
They have so many needs.

Agree and I think Oakland would love to find someone that could give them a handful of picks similar the rumor that was floating around a couple of weeks ago-

Over on Walterfootball.com a poster posted his 1st round Mock Draft. Now we all know that mocks this early in the off season are a BS. Things change so much in the next couple of months. Players rise and fall so much.

But what I found HI-larious is that he has the Niners picking Watkins @ 5 and sending 9 picks (1.30, 2.24, 2.29, 3.13, 3.30, 6.29, 7.27, 7.28, 7.30) to Oak for it.

When did we sign Mike Ditka as Head Coach?
A co worker and I were talking about da radas today.

I mentioned they need to sign 4 good+ players this off-season and front load the s**t out of their contracts.

Alterran Gerber, Byrd, bennet, and OR tarrel brown

Then get Chris Johnson and/or MJD.

And sign Vick and demarcus ware.

These signings, I think, will increase attendance give them a balance and some excitement. It may not win them a SB but it would get the fans interested.
Share 49ersWebzone