LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

Randy Moss delusional as ever

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
physically, why do you say he is delusional to think he can't play in this league?

Check my critique in one of the previous posts. There comes a point where the baggage isn't worth it. The law of diminished returns.

oh know I understand about baggage and why a team wouldn't want to give him a chance... especially if it's a young team...or QB, or coach.

I'm just asking about why he is saying T.O. is delusional in thinking he can't play in this league.

T.O. ran a 4.4 40 for the Seahawks just last year....AFTER coming back from surgery... he came late to came...other receivers stepped up and made catches, and he was let go.

physically T.O. can still play in this league, and imo can still put up #s....he did so with the Bengals with Carlson Palmer , and those Buffalo QBs

also hasn't caused any NFL team problems since he left Dallas.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM ]
So why do you think he is not playing now then, if he can still be so productive? Not sure I agree with the productive part any more, but I'll listen to what you have to say.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Almost as delusional as T.O. thinking he could still play in the league

he can, hater.

That's why a team hasn't picked him up in how many years?

physically, why do you say he is delusional to think he can't play in this league?

Because he can't or else he would be playing. Not only is the guy still a pr*ck , but now he's a pr*ck that can't catch.
So why do you think he is not playing now then, if he can still be so productive? Not sure I agree with the productive part any more, but I'll listen to what you have to say.

when T.O. was in his prime, the social media (as well as Twitter) wasn't huge... sure the media was crazy at the time, but even NFL Network wasn't like how it is today. Even the NFL official TV channel and their official Website love that drama s**t now and gossip as well.

For a team to bring in T.O. a Coach would have to be mighty confident in dealing with the media after each game...after each loss, after any type of gossip. Back in Dallas, ESPN sent an official team reporter to follow the Cowboys as soon as T.O. got there. Ed Warner I believe.. and he'd constantly report using "unnamed sources".

I mean for anyone who says T.O. can't physically play for an NFL team right now....his work ethic has NEVER been an issue. You mean to tell me there are backup WRs better than T.O. on every NFL team? 3rd stringers? training camp guys?

every team T.O. went to after leaving San Francisco, if he was on the week 1 roster he ended up/worked his way to being the #1 receiver....so if he were to go to an NFL team right now and he'd end up starting... at #1 or #2. He is in the mold of Jerry Rice in longevity, psychically and talent wise. Jerry went to the Raiders and unseated Tim Brown for the #1 role... T.O. did that with the Bengals went Chad Johnson was in his prime...came in as #2 and ended up as #1.

T.O. is just a media lighting rod, like Barry Bonds was late in his career. Even though Barry was still better than most baseball players after his suspension was over, he was never given a chance...even though Barry wanted to play for free (wanted to donate his required minimum salary to charity)...no team gave him a work out.
So, you are making my point for me? Law of diminished returns. What am I missing?
T.O. is 40 years old and has not played in a game since 2010 sure hes physically gifted but to play in the league now is out of the question. Hes to old and rusty. If he were to come into the league today he would be a 3rd or 4th receiver at best. I only give him that cause hes physically gifted but he no longer has the speed that he had when he was in his prime about 10 - 15 years ago. Plain and simple hes just not a good option for any one at this age.
Originally posted by Raul98:
T.O. is 40 years old and has not played in a game since 2010 sure hes physically gifted but to play in the league now is out of the question. Hes to old and rusty. If he were to come into the league today he would be a 3rd or 4th receiver at best. I only give him that cause hes physically gifted but he no longer has the speed that he had when he was in his prime about 10 - 15 years ago. Plain and simple hes just not a good option for any one at this age.
he ran a 4.4 for the Seahawks just last year after coming back from injury and being "rusty".

as far as catching consistently.....he has HOF #s for a reason, he'd get it together.

when he tried out for the Seahawks, he came into camp late...there were already receivers ahead of him...they were struggling in recent weeks. T.O. played one preseason game with them and dropped a couple of passes....where as Braylon Edwards and the young kids caught everything. Edwards made the team and was cut later into the season. I'm sure if T.O. made it over him, he would not have been cut.

if there is one thing about T.O. is that he will work his ass off in practice...will be one of the best run blockers on the team...and just be a presence out there.

when T.O. was playing in preseason he came late into the game with Matt Flynn as QB...with backup lineman etc.

ok did alittle searching...here is a Seattle beat writer... he could've bashed T.O. (since he was cut from the team, and it's a ESPN interview) but he didn't..and said what was basically reported out of Team HQ during those weeks.

I was wrong, he suited up for 2 games but was rusty in his first game back...but caught a couple of passes in his second game.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Raul98:
he ran a 4.4 for the Seahawks just last year after coming back from injury and being "rusty".

as far as catching consistently.....he has HOF #s for a reason, he'd get it together.

when he tried out for the Seahawks, he came into camp late...there were already receivers ahead of him...they were struggling in recent weeks. T.O. played one preseason game with them and dropped a couple of passes....where as Braylon Edwards and the young kids caught everything. Edwards made the team and was cut later into the season. I'm sure if T.O. made it over him, he would not have been cut.

if there is one thing about T.O. is that he will work his ass off in practice...will be one of the best run blockers on the team...and just be a presence out there.

when T.O. was playing in preseason he came late into the game with Matt Flynn as QB...with backup lineman etc.

ok did alittle searching...here is a Seattle beat writer... he could've bashed T.O. (since he was cut from the team, and it's a ESPN interview) but he didn't..and said what was basically reported out of Team HQ during those weeks.

I was wrong, he suited up for 2 games but was rusty in his first game back...but caught a couple of passes in his second game.

Being rusty is to be expected at his age and being away from the game for 3 years. Im sure he could contribute to a team but how much he can contribute is the question mark i have. I think he burned his bridge on playing for the Niners ever again but if another team wanted to sign him to a low risk contract and see what he has left more power to them
Its just typical overconfident HOF WR's. Terrell Owens in the postgame last week said he could still be a top 10 WR in the league, which is obviously bs.

lol apparently he wasnt even invited to the game either, he just showed up and walked right in. Even got on TV.
Moss would have never been on a team I owned or managed. World class HOF talent, but you could never count on the effort. Even worse, he flat out quit on plays, games, teams. In my book this is the same as point shaving, betting on games, etc. To be honest I am surprised the SF situation last year didn't devolve into something bad, aside from his silly GOAT rant. I think Moss knew that Harbaugh would kick him off the team right away if he pulled the same old crap.

I would say the same about TO (just my opinion, I would never have him on my team if I was in a position to make the decision). But at least you could never question his on field effort. He was just a diva extraordinaire, ego maniacal narcissist that could divide a locker room quicker than a group of dry-wallers on meth.

Owens has never divided a locker room in his life. You need to stop regurgitating ridiculous National Enquirer stories.

1. One player does not have the power to divide an entire locker room. Owens is a man, he's not a supercomputer.

2. I could find you more than 3 dozen teammates who have nothing but positive things to say about Owens. You would struggle to even find ONE who says something bad about him. If Owens is such a bad teammate, why is it so difficult to find anyone who actually agrees with that? Even Hugh Douglas, the guy who got in a fistfight with him, doesn't agree that Owens was a bad teammate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtHfAxohfkY

Share 49ersWebzone