LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Romo out for year

Shop 49ers game tickets
If I were Tony Romo, this is where I start wondering if Jerry Jones really cares about me or more about his ego and the many millions he spent on me?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
A herniated disk and they're taking a chance of playing him? Something not to screw around with as it can end his career not to mention paralyzed if he gets a solid blow in the area. What then?

All this risk for the chance of being in the playoffs with little hope of going any further than the 1st round?

Yeah. Morons don't reazlize there are four more games after that to make it worth a damn.

This is where guys have to start thinking about themselves and their families.

If he plays I doubt that his injury is even true...and more to build up his toughness if they win and have a reason for why they lost
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
A herniated disk and they're taking a chance of playing him? Something not to screw around with as it can end his career not to mention paralyzed if he gets a solid blow in the area. What then?

All this risk for the chance of being in the playoffs with little hope of going any further than the 1st round?

Yeah. Morons don't reazlize there are four more games after that to make it worth a damn.

This is where guys have to start thinking about themselves and their families.

If he plays I doubt that his injury is even true...and more to build up his toughness if they win and have a reason for why they lost

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The media and ESPN are extremely invested in Romo succeeding. It's sickening but truth. I can't stand Romo. Can't stand him at all. You are absolutely right.
Not that him being healthy would make a bit of difference.
Herniated disc won't get worse. Its just a matter of pain management. Romo had a "cyst" removed from his back in the offseason. Recovery time was the same as the time needed to recover from a herniated disc. I here the NFL is looking at Dallas for hiding his injury all season. Not listing the injury is a big no no. I wouldn't doubt Romo starts on Sunday. Look at the extremes JJ went to to find a doctor to clear Witten when he had his spleen issue.
Originally posted by baltien:

Look what he did on Sunday in obvious pain. Down by nine and made two key fourth down conversions and was clutch on the last play for the win.

Sure every now and then he makes mistakes at key moments but that's the nature of a gunslinger.

He is not the sole reason that team sucks. That defense is on track for the worst defense in NFL history for a single season.
Originally posted by kingairta:

Look what he did on Sunday in obvious pain. Down by nine and made two key fourth down conversions and was clutch on the last play for the win.

Sure every now and then he makes mistakes at key moments but that's the nature of a gunslinger.

He is not the sole reason that team sucks. That defense is on track for the worst defense in NFL history for a single season.

This. Romo isn't great or elite, never will be, but he's not a complete scrub either. Crazy how much flack Romo gets whenever they lose - you'd think he actually played for that god awful Cowboys D. Romo in the game definitely gives them a better shot but I'm not sure if that will make much of a difference: Eagles' high powered offense will carve out the swiss cheese Cowboys defense regardless of who's starting at QB for the Cowboys. But I'm sure people would try to blame Romo for the incompetent defense too.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I was watching NBA on ESPN. The game ended about 20 minutes ago. Since that time, they've talked about Tony Romo's injury and the Cowboys the entire time. What.the.hell? They even flew in Mark Brunell to talk about what it feels like to play QB for the Cowboys. The rest of the time they were whining about why they signed Jon Kitna.

Is this what BSPN has been reduced to in the post-Tebow era?
Guy won't be able to walk if he's not careful. Explain that one to the media. If you think concussions are bad watch this circus
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

This. Romo isn't great or elite, never will be, but he's not a complete scrub either. Crazy how much flack Romo gets whenever they lose - you'd think he actually played for that god awful Cowboys D. Romo in the game definitely gives them a better shot but I'm not sure if that will make much of a difference: Eagles' high powered offense will carve out the swiss cheese Cowboys defense regardless of who's starting at QB for the Cowboys. But I'm sure people would try to blame Romo for the incompetent defense too.

I don't think he's a scrub, but I do think he's the most coddled QB in the last 20 years or so. This dude melts down without fail in virtually every "must win" scenario and for some reason its never his fault. People love to talk about his 4th quarter QB rating, but they tend to forget little nuggets like this one:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/tony-romo-clutch-dallas-cowboys/

And the fact that his QB rating plummets to the mid 40's when there's five minutes or less left to play.

So yea, he's a great QB, so long as the game isn't on the line.
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM ]

Sunday the season was on the line. He led them to a win.
Sunday the season was on the line. He led them to a win.

Cool. He's still 1-5 in Week 17 "win or go home" scenarios and 1-3 in the playoffs. Even if by some miracle he plays and wins Sunday, he still remains a choke artist.

Source: http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/capital-games/In-Win-Or-Go-Home-Games-Tony-Romo-Usually-Goes-Home-184928271.html
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM ]
Manufactured drama for the final week of the season, with the built in excuse for when they choke.
I don't think he's gonna be medically cleared but DSPN will milk every last ounce of interest they can generate. Cowpies have a better chance with Orton starting but it's not like DSPN has anything else to discuss. There's only about 7 or 8 games with huge playoff implications so nothing to see here.
Share 49ersWebzone