LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

What the Seattle Loss to Arizona Means.

Shop 49ers game tickets
That damn BS call on Brooks in New Orleans and that lost means so much more now.
Originally posted by 1biggi:
That damn BS call on Brooks in New Orleans and that lost means so much more now.

We would be a layup MNF win away from tying taking the div. lead, and control our own destiny in week 17 for that 1st round bye...

thanks refs.
I know this is thread hijacking, but for the various posters above who have speculated that all we need to draft is
wr/cb/OL, a question:

Do you really think we are going into next season with Colt McCoy as 2nd string quarterback?
Originally posted by English:
I know this is thread hijacking, but for the various posters above who have speculated that all we need to draft is
wr/cb/OL, a question:

Do you really think we are going into next season with Colt McCoy as 2nd string quarterback?
Cards played well enough to whip the Seachickens in their house...Palmer's pass to Floyd was a thing of beauty and MF made a great catch. Their D won it for 'em, though, because they were all over Wilson. Rams already know the secret to beating them...first time around they just couldn't catch a pass. But, we have to take care of business...beat Atlanta soundly then gear up for a tough game Sunday in 'Zona.
I think, seahawks is scared the 49ers... Why Seahawks let cards won?! Haha.. Seahawks is all cheat again.. Haha.. Boo you cheat again.. Lol..
The Rams could/should have beat seattle the first time they played. Now that Seattle has lost 2 of 3, the Rams have to be feeling confident.

Seattle has talent, no doubt about it. But with dudes failing drug tests left and right, and Sunday-Afternoon-Thugs calling NFL games 'practice', they are never going to win a SB.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I think, seahawks is scared the 49ers... Why Seahawks let cards won?! Haha.. Seahawks is all cheat again.. Haha.. Boo you cheat again.. Lol..

I don't think so. The key to beating Seattle is an effective blitz that keeps Wilson in the pocket and pressures him. The Cardinals excel at the bltiz the 49ers still have not figured out how to blitz effectively.
yes, Jimi fan. That is correct. We have not gotten consistent game long pressure on Wilson or Glennon the last two games. When we haven't, we have gotten hurt. But, that has only been one piece of the puzzle.
Originally posted by Matt94520:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
But what if NO loses to the Buc's wouldnt that keep Zona alive at least for the 6th seed?

Never thought of that..... But it looks unlikey

Arizona isn't out of it. They will be playing for a spot in the dance when they face the 49ers in the finale. New Orleans could still drop out. And with the way that Drew Brees is playing right now, I wouldn't be all that surprised if New Orleans did lay an egg.

i'll tell you what it means, my facebook timeline has gone silent. whenever the hawks win theres a bunch of seahawk posts, when they lose its like old ghost town everybody forgot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
All this Seattle loss means is more pressure on the 9ers to win the next two games. Sure Atlanta sucks right now but this could damn well be their Super Bowl and no way they lay down for anybody.

The pressure was already on to win this week as it guarantees the play-offs for us, and no way we wanted to go to Arizona to play them with that issue still on the line.

What happened to the Seahawks thread though? I predicted a Cards win and I want to be smug about it. That game was Arizona's season, they had to win it to keep their dreams alive, a loss meant season over. What I didn't see was Palmer throwing 4 interceptions and Seattle still losing, it takes a particularly bad team to not be able to close out a game with that kind of favourable turnovever and Seattle have been masking a lot of deficiencies which are now on film.

Anyway, I'll post here for the record - we will win tonight, the team is really focused bvut we are also mentally tough at the time it matters most. We've got the same kind of resolve as the Ravens had last year, winning ugly but getting it done. This game does not mean much for the Falcons.

Seattle have bought into their own hype and I think they are going to lose to the Rams. When I saw the video of Sherman's pre-game speech against us and the whole "glorified practice" I knew their mentality wasn't right. You don't make that kind of statement when you are a SB winning style of team, a SB team is focused on winning and every game is life or death. They have a kind of brittle-tough confidence, when it breaks it really breaks. They've been annointed by the media and they have bought into that but overlooked all their weaknesses:

1) Their Oline is struggling in run protection and Lynch is being bottled up. They don't have the kind of screen running game or backs that can get to the edge.
2) If Wilson is contained in the pocket he is ordinary. He'll light you up if you let him escape and buy time, but play disciplined D with pressure down the midddle and contain the sides and he really struggles. By the way, season long Kap is higher on ESPN QBR than Wilson and I put more faith in that than simple NFL style passing rating.
3) Their secondary is very good, but their dline is susceptible to the running game through the middle with big power backs or someone like Franky G that can find the hole and power through low.
4) Their offense is actually struggling and a bit disjointed, not sure what it is but the play calling seems to lack a bit of creativity and with the Oline abnd Lynch struggles and good defenses playing contain on WIlson, it's catching up on them.
5) As alluded to previously, they don't have the right mentality for a SB winner. They've bought the hype and mentally are all running around with invisible rings on the finger already.

I also see the Rams beating them next week. Fisher is an excellent defensive coach and that Rams defense is legit. Fisher is really playing for his job and for relevance, he's had a few years now and they are building well but him and the team want that win now, The game represents a winning season for the Rams and I think all those factors combined, and Seattle's fragile mentality, will see the Rams steal a win.

Also, Falcons will beat the Panthers. Tony G's last game and it's in Atlanta?! Contrary to tonight's game, that one next week is going to be very important for them to send off Tony G in style. Those guys are going to be out for blood

Sorry I could've sworn if the 9ers lose one of the last two games that they are out of the playoffs?

And the above mentioned, numbers 1-4 also apply to the 9ers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CrosstownTraffic:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

I don't think so. The key to beating Seattle is an effective blitz that keeps Wilson in the pocket and pressures him. The Cardinals excel at the bltiz the 49ers still have not figured out how to blitz effectively.

Well could've sworn the 9ers blitzed Seattle effectively in San Francisco. And the 9ers don't need to blitz majority of the game, when you have a 4 man rush that can do it for you.
Originally posted by CrosstownTraffic:

Huh? Bowman and Willis can blitz well when it's called. Heck, Willis just got a sack last game.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by LVJay:
For Christmas and a goodbye present to the CANDLESTICK, the football GODS shall grant us:

1. We win tomorrow (but of course)...

2. Lambs shock that azz in seaderrall

3. Falcons beat Panthers next week

4. Niners tear Cards a new hole (we win big in Arizona)

5. Niners (all of a sudden) get 1st seed

6. 6th ring!

I can't see his thing
Share 49ersWebzone