LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Mike Florio: Niner Hater

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Corresponded back and forth with Florio via email about a half dozen times right before he linked up with NBC Sports and grew massively. He was very polite, asked questions about my background and interest in football, and he has 49ers ties within his own family, and really likes the team a lot. Maybe is overcompensating with his writing, but definitely is not a hater with the organization. His background is in law, and he is a tough cookie.

Very interesting. Thanks for that. Maybe we're looking at overcompensation here.
Corresponded back and forth with Florio via email about a half dozen times right before he linked up with NBC Sports and grew massively. He was very polite, asked questions about my background and interest in football, and he has 49ers ties within his own family, and really likes the team a lot. Maybe is overcompensating with his writing, but definitely is not a hater with the organization. His background is in law, and he is a tough cookie.

Could have fooled me. Doesn't make him any less of a jackass in the present.
I believe all of this. Florio is obviously an intelligent guy. You don't create a website as successful as Pro Football Talk without having some writing skills and entrepreneurial abilities.

I don't think he's "overcompensating". To me, it's pretty obvious that he "sold out". He realized that sensationalizing and trolling the sports world was going to make him more money than any other approach. He deliberately writes controversial articles because it incites fans. We have a 23-page topic dedicated to him with almost 350 posts.

The Mike Florio we see today is not the same one from 5-10 years ago. This Florio is a character. It's an act. He's a caricature of a real writer. If there's one thing I'm absolutely certain of, it's that Florio does not believe the things he writes. He just says the most shocking and controversial things he can think of, as it guarantees him exposure and traffic, because -- like clockwork -- fans complain about what he says and link to his site.
[ Edited by theduke85 on May 28, 2015 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
I believe all of this. Florio is obviously an intelligent guy. You don't create a website as successful as Pro Football Talk without having some writing skills and entrepreneurial abilities.

I don't think he's "overcompensating". To me, it's pretty obvious that he "sold out". He realized that sensationalizing and trolling the sports world was going to make him more money than any other approach. He deliberately writes controversial articles because it incites fans. We have a 23-page topic dedicated to him with almost 350 posts.

The Mike Florio we see today is not the same one from 5-10 years ago. This Florio is a character. It's an act. He's a caricature of a real writer. If there's one thing I'm absolutely certain of, it's that Florio does not believe the things he writes. He just says the most shocking and controversial things he can think of, as it guarantees him exposure and traffic, because -- like clockwork -- fans complain about what he says and link to his site.

You're 100% right...like this dude has some personal vendetta against the 49ers. Every fan base in the NFL thinks Florio and the media in general hates them, they get no respect, or the NFL doesn't want them to win so they order refs to throw flags, etc. Like you said, Florio knows what will get people to click, b***h & moan, and click again. It's why I rarely read opinion/gossip-type stuff, usually just read more straightforward reporting like Maiocco.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
You're 100% right...like this dude has some personal vendetta against the 49ers. Every fan base in the NFL thinks Florio and the media in general hates them, they get no respect, or the NFL doesn't want them to win so they order refs to throw flags, etc. Like you said, Florio knows what will get people to click, b***h & moan, and click again. It's why I rarely read opinion/gossip-type stuff, usually just read more straightforward reporting like Maiocco.
Yeah, seriously... Google things like "Mike Florio Hates [random team name]". It's actually quite comical.

... are you guys seeing a trend here?

Mike Florio does not hate any team. He just loves money. And he knows that being a shock jock is going to get him the most money.
I think the above post proves that Florio really is just trolling for clicks.
Originally posted by crake49:

I read this wrong for a sec
Originally posted by Youngone:

Me too. Exactly.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Nice work, theduke85. I think Florio is just the typical combo of a reporter being sloppy and desperate for clicks.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Me too. Exactly.

Sorry guys. I can be a little obtuse at times and I know that annoys some people.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Me too. Exactly.

Sorry guys. I can be a little obtuse at times and I know that annoys some people.

Ha! Nah. Just annoyed in the Kap thread. It's a jungle in there

F this doot
What ever happen to his partner from back in the days. He was a niner fan.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by theduke85:

Green Bay fans don't understand when I complain about Ann Killion or Kawakami, or Sr/Jr Cohns. They can't comprehend local media doing anything other than slurping The Pack every chance they get and cloaking their criticisms in respect and admiration.

Share 49ersWebzone