LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Mike Florio: Niner Hater

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sspiker:
At it again. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/tarrell-brown-says-49ers-made-slap-in-the-face-offer/#comment-3242672

My (soon to be deleted) comment:

Who wrote the article that Harbaugh's right-hand man received an extension at Harbaugh's urging? Someone other than Mike Florio.

Who wrote the article where Golden Tate calls the deal he got from the Seahawks "laughable"? Someone other than Mike Florio.

Who wrote the article not only covering Brown calling the 49ers offer "an insult", but then sides with Brown and finds a way to trash the 49ers? Mike Florio.

Just another in a long, long, long pattern from this hack.

I'm usually the kind of guy who says, "Nah, we're just more sensitive to negative Niner press because they're our team and we notice it whereas we may not notice the same things written about other teams." ...buuuuuuuut, I'm with you. Florio is a straight up hater. I'm definitely buying what you're selling now.
quick example of why this guy is a douche and shouldnt be held in the same regard as the other insiders who act more professional.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 28s
Raiders give up a pick in the sixth for Mr. Pick Six http://wp.me/p14QSB-9rBY ;

i'm no huge matt schaub guy, especially now as he slows down. but the guys been to 2 pro bowl, even won a pro bowl mvp and been a solid starter the past number of season, but this guy has to take a little pot shot cus thats what he is about.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000336257/article/jim-harbaugh-zero-chance-i-leave-san-francisco-49ers

MIKE FLORIO CAN EAD!! b***h ass scum bag
Here is the formula to a mike Florio article: take someone else's scoop, talk in the 3rd person by saying "we" a bunch, speculate on it but throw in the word "surely" 5-6 times like you know what will happen, and bam you got a PFT rumor mill article.
I just stopped reading his poop a while ago.
Surely, Florio is a niner hater. Of that you can be surely sure.
Hate him
Originally posted by crabman82:
quick example of why this guy is a douche and shouldnt be held in the same regard as the other insiders who act more professional.

i'm no huge matt schaub guy, especially now as he slows down. but the guys been to 2 pro bowl, even won a pro bowl mvp and been a solid starter the past number of season, but this guy has to take a little pot shot cus thats what he is about.

Not the first time he's wrote something like that. Very unprofessional. He's a disgrace to the profession. Should go work for TMZ or something.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Not the first time he's wrote something like that. Very unprofessional. He's a disgrace to the profession. Should go work for TMZ or something.

Funny you should say that. Today he's said TMZ is rarely wrong, LOL f**king TMZ! Celebrity gossip news is rarely wrong!!??!!! I can't wrap my head around that one. He basically said yeah the report is false but still gives the story and the woman the benefit of the doubt. The comments that he allows are such hateful s**t, most comments against his position are filtered out. I just like the format of quick news stories but his attitude on s**t is really petty.
I cant read his stuff because he never addresses his criticism and the fanboys that follow his blog jump on what he says just to bash the niners as well.

The funny thing is the weed part of the story bringing criticism... anyone who has a link to an nfl locker room or player knows that the majority of players in the nfl smoke weed. Not saying everyone... but it would shock allot of people just how many players routinely medicate. Its the reason Goodell is open to MMJ cards for players so that when that story does come out they can point to a doctors recommendation.

I usually don't get too bent out of shape by PFT's bull$hit, but this one pi$$ed me off . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/16/49ers-turmoil-could-get-harbaugh-what-he-wants/#respond

Each of the first three men picked by Baalke — linebacker Aldon Smith, quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and cornerback Chris Culliver — have found themselves in awkward situations, to say the least. (Kaepernick has not yet been arrested or charged for whatever it was that happened earlier this month in Miami, and he may never be.)

Talk about going for the low hanging fruit. He could have easily left out the YET and communicated the same point. Maybe I'm hypersensitive with all the BS going down lately, and this was subtle, but it was an incredibly cheap way to paint Kaepernick with the consistent thug narrative the national guys are desperately going for.

I tried to respond (futile I know) but the a-holes shut down comments for that post.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM ]
PFT I think is one of the weakest on credible reporting. But I have been real bothered by their reporting (back when I would consume), noticed a couple times it was Florio. I bypass PFT and both Cohn's. Kawakami might be next on my list. He seems tempted by the "Stir-Up-Controversy-The-Cohn-Approach" His reporting that the Niner FO will dump Aldon, does not take into consideration $3 mill guaranteed and how bad the Niners need him. And those in the FO that really supported Aldon feel, betrayed/let-down. So the first reaction is dump him, but after more consideration ......

This seem analogous to you telling me you hate your job, swearing to me you will quit. I announce to the world you're quitting and I got it from the "horses mouth".
Except you don't quit, because you need the job or situation dictates you can't quit.

Don't I then look dumb.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Apr 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM ]
I can't wait for Carradine and Lattimore to become solid contributors / stars. If Patton becomes a regular as well, that will make 2013 a spectacular draft ... and wash away the bad taste of 2012.
I just laugh when I read garbage like Florio's work. I see it, remember it and laugh even more when the Niners take care of business that Florio claimed they couldn't. These guys are in the business of amplifying any negative press they can so if something crappy happens they can claim he called it. He is no different than Bayless and with that consider nothing he writes worthy of attention.

Nothing he or any of the other smear writers can change the way the Niners play and right now is not a good era to be doubting them. I say let him write his garbage so we can look back on it and laugh. I remember reading a piece in the offseason between 11-12 where he predicted that the Niners would regress to something like 8-8 or even have a losing record after going 13-3 and dominating the division. The Niners responded by going to the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I just laugh when I read garbage like Florio's work. I see it, remember it and laugh even more when the Niners take care of business that Florio claimed they couldn't. These guys are in the business of amplifying any negative press they can so if something crappy happens they can claim he called it. He is no different than Bayless and with that consider nothing he writes worthy of attention

Right. Therfore Webzone should stop putting the link to pro football talk in the news wire IMO. Whenever someone clicks it, it plays into the hands of that fool.
Share 49ersWebzone