LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Mike Florio: Niner Hater

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
In his mind, he wins! People read his stuff, comment on it and make threads about him... he knows, he won / still winning (that's how he sees it).
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
You guys think that anybody who doesn't say positive things about the 9ers are haters. The media's job is to find weaknesses in teams and exploit them. There would be nothing to talk about if everything was positive.

Bunch of softies... Who the f**k cares what Florio says?

I'm with you guys. But u know how the zone is. I mean shoot, some of us fans say anything negative about a member of our squad and damn... you would think someone just insulted their family. I remember with Grant C and his dad. Now of course many are gonna come out and be like i never read his crap, blah blah blah. But a few years ago maybe 2-3 when he was ripping certain players, many were like see what I mean, he nailed it, killed it, I told u that player was trash and I'm not the only one.

A few years later new personnel on the field, and at times Grant and his dad also started now ripping new players just like he did in the past. But now this time, oh no they aren't having that. How dare you say something bad about the 49ers of new. Now Grant's a piece of crap, and he should be boycotted or so.

Many of us say we hate or despise these columnists, but we still read their crap. just makes no sense.

And I'll also add this..... We may not like Florio, but when re-reading what he wrote in December and look what happened. Hate or not, maybe he doesnt have a bias at all. Maybe just like many of us, he's just telling you what he sees from the outside non-homer point of view, and I got no problem with that.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Mar 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
You guys think that anybody who doesn't say positive things about the 9ers are haters. The media's job is to find weaknesses in teams and exploit them. There would be nothing to talk about if everything was positive.

Bunch of softies... Who the f**k cares what Florio says?

I'm with you guys. But u know how the zone is. I mean shoot, some of us fans say anything negative about a member of our squad and damn... you would think someone just insulted their family. I remember with Grant C and his dad. Now of course many are gonna come out and be like i never read his crap, blah blah blah. But a few years ago maybe 2-3 when he was ripping certain players, many were like see what I mean, he nailed it, killed it, I told u that player was trash and I'm not the only one.

A few years later new personnel on the field, and at times Grant and his dad also started now ripping new players just like he did in the past. But now this time, oh no they aren't having that. How dare you say something bad about the 49ers of new. Now Grant's a piece of crap, and he should be boycotted or so.

Many of us say we hate or despise these columnists, but we still read their crap. just makes no sense.

And I'll also add this..... We may not like Florio, but when re-reading what he wrote in December and look what happened. Hate or not, maybe he doesnt have a bias at all. Maybe just like many of us, he's just telling you what he sees from the outside non-homer point of view, and I got no problem with that.
Who the f**k cares that you and others are scorned and bitter Alex Smith lovers and are acting like b***hES! Now that's what I see and I got a problem with that!
At it again. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/tarrell-brown-says-49ers-made-slap-in-the-face-offer/#comment-3242672

My (soon to be deleted) comment:

Who wrote the article that Harbaugh's right-hand man received an extension at Harbaugh's urging? Someone other than Mike Florio.

Who wrote the article where Golden Tate calls the deal he got from the Seahawks "laughable"? Someone other than Mike Florio.

Who wrote the article not only covering Brown calling the 49ers offer "an insult", but then sides with Brown and finds a way to trash the 49ers? Mike Florio.

Just another in a long, long, long pattern from this hack.
Originally posted by sspiker:
At it again. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/tarrell-brown-says-49ers-made-slap-in-the-face-offer/#comment-3242672

My (soon to be deleted) comment:

Who wrote the article that Harbaugh's right-hand man received an extension at Harbaugh's urging? Someone other than Mike Florio.

Who wrote the article where Golden Tate calls the deal he got from the Seahawks "laughable"? Someone other than Mike Florio.

Who wrote the article not only covering Brown calling the 49ers offer "an insult", but then sides with Brown and finds a way to trash the 49ers? Mike Florio.

Just another in a long, long, long pattern from this hack.

Comment was deleted
Curious if someone can compile all the anti-niner remarks Mike Florio has reported in the past 2 years? Was it florio who started the whole "regression to mean crap after our 2011 season and saying we would go 7-9 in 2012? I know it was PFT who made that claim. The anti niner remarks started since then.

When the whole Harbaugh to Cleveland fiasco happened I was one of the callers who brought up Florio's bias against the Niners on Bucher&Towny 95.7 the game, but they didn't put me on air and had me on hold after I brought up Florio's recent history of report. I wonder why no one ever takes a shot at Florio's so called sources and bias remarks...
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Mar 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
In his mind, he wins! People read his stuff, comment on it and make threads about him... he knows, he won / still winning (that's how he sees it).
Exactly. People get extremely defensive and sensitive when they hear someone start talking bad about their team. Remember guys, "any press is good press".
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Curious if someone can compile all the anti-niner remarks Mike Florio has reported in the past 2 years? Was it florio who started the whole "regression to mean crap after our 2011 season and saying we would go 7-9 in 2012? I know it was PFT who made that claim. The anti niner remarks started since then.

When the whole Harbaugh to Cleveland fiasco happened I was one of the callers who brought up Florio's bias against the Niners on Bucher&Towny 95.7 the game, but they didn't put me on air and had me on hold after I brought up Florio's recent history of report. I wonder why no one ever takes a shot at Florio's so called sources and bias remarks...

ultimately whats the point? guys like him will just hide behind the i dont have to reveal my sources stuff. they are not obligated to reveal sources and we are not obligated to believe them.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

ultimately whats the point? guys like him will just hide behind the i dont have to reveal my sources stuff. they are not obligated to reveal sources and we are not obligated to believe them.

The point is he is still regard him as a "highly reputable" reporter, at least the Bay Area media.

Everybody makes fun of Skip Bayless but he's not out to get other teams, he just makes bogus/funny claims. Florio can only make negatives comments, even when the team deserves praise.
Florio's latest Niner-related article is a classic. He talks about how Terrel Brown thought it was a bit of a "slap in the face" what the Niners offered him, but he understood where they were coming from. Then, Florio lets loose with this classic nugget:

"Brown exercised admirable restraint, given that the 49ers failed to tell Brown last year that he was blowing $2 million in base salary by not participating in the offseason workout program. (The team said it didn't know Brown was in danger of losing the money, but few in league circles believe that.)"

So basically, Florio is blaming the Niners for not doing Brown and his agent's job and he's calling the team's front office liars. Then, he ends the article with this:

"While the team eventually gave Brown a $300,000 bonus, he was still $1.7 million short. Surely, he was hoping the team would further make it right during negotiations. Based on his description of the offer, the 49ers surely didn't."

The Niners gave Brown $300K they were under no obligation to give and Florio spins it as badly as he possibly can. And by the way, according to Barrows and Maiocco, the Niners offered Brown a three year $10 million deal. Florio, doesn't mention that and only sites Browns "description of the offer." Florio has some kind of hard spot for the Niners. It's painfully obvious.

Originally posted by crake49:
Florio's latest Niner-related article is a classic. He talks about how Terrel Brown thought it was a bit of a "slap in the face" what the Niners offered him, but he understood where they were coming from. Then, Florio lets loose with this classic nugget:

"Brown exercised admirable restraint, given that the 49ers failed to tell Brown last year that he was blowing $2 million in base salary by not participating in the offseason workout program. (The team said it didn't know Brown was in danger of losing the money, but few in league circles believe that.)"

So basically, Florio is blaming the Niners for not doing Brown and his agent's job and he's calling the team's front office liars. Then, he ends the article with this:

"While the team eventually gave Brown a $300,000 bonus, he was still $1.7 million short. Surely, he was hoping the team would further make it right during negotiations. Based on his description of the offer, the 49ers surely didn't."

The Niners gave Brown $300K they were under no obligation to give and Florio spins it as badly as he possibly can. And by the way, according to Barrows and Maiocco, the Niners offered Brown a three year $10 million deal. Florio, doesn't mention that and only sites Browns "description of the offer." Florio has some kind of hard spot for the Niners. It's painfully obvious.

former lawyer turned nfl reporter. people need to accept him for what he is. hes not out to be shefter or rappaport or la canfora. hes out for website hits and he gets them. i dont agree with him and he is annoying with his agenda but people gotta stop giving him what he wants.
former lawyer turned nfl reporter. people need to accept him for what he is. hes not out to be shefter or rappaport or la canfora. hes out for website hits and he gets them. i dont agree with him and he is annoying with his agenda but people gotta stop giving him what he wants.
Give him the cohn treatment, just don't click

Exactly. Where you want to get your NFL/49ers fix is your own choice, but if you're visiting PFT and helping generate views then you're just feeding the problem.

I liked PFT when it was a start up and I was glad when Florio's hardwork paid off and he was bought out by NBC. These days he's just proven himself to be a little weasel resorting to cheap TMZ'esque tactics to generate traffic. Many of the traits of a stereotypical lawyer.

Anything worth getting from PFT is available from numerous other websites.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Exactly. People get extremely defensive and sensitive when they hear someone start talking bad about their team. Remember guys, "any press is good press".

Niners get enough criticism / hate in here... and it's more entertaining than reading the hater's articles
Florio's utter hatred for the 49ers is too obviously blatant now. I think fans of other teams even recognize that. Here is my comment from the Tarrel Brown thread that I'm sure will get deleted

"Leave it to Florio to put in his color commentary always bashing the 49ers organization.

How is it the teams responsibility that Brown and his own agent didn't even know the terms of his contract."

I've been tempted to call him out on twitter so many times. But that coward will only block me.
Share 49ersWebzone