There are 170 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I am at the point where I honestly couldn't care less about someone getting busted for MJ. The dude got busted for smoking pot, he wasn't doing crack, doing meth, out knocking off convenience stores..etc, the whole marijuana crackdown is kind of ridiculous frankly, just some very backwards ass stuff.

Gordon is a dumbass because he knew the consequences that he could face and how much he had riding on staying clean but its still strikes me as silly to ban a guy for an entire season for toking up in the offseason.

This...
+1
Originally posted by 49erDawgFan:
I am at the point where I honestly couldn't care less about someone getting busted for MJ. The dude got busted for smoking pot, he wasn't doing crack, doing meth, out knocking off convenience stores..etc, the whole marijuana crackdown is kind of ridiculous frankly, just some very backwards ass stuff.

Gordon is a dumbass because he knew the consequences that he could face and how much he had riding on staying clean but its still strikes me as silly to ban a guy for an entire season for toking up in the offseason.

This...
+1

He should have just yelled bomb at the airport.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He should have just yelled bomb at the airport.

LOL...who did that?
Apparently the Browns ownership knew about this suspension TWO WEEKS AGO! The coaches just found out when ESPN reported it.

And they traded away from Sammy Watkins?
Apparently the Browns ownership knew about this suspension TWO WEEKS AGO! The coaches just found out when ESPN reported it.

Lol I just saw Mortenson say that....Browns gon Brown.

This x 10.
Man if it's true about ownership knowing 2 weeks ago, that's gotta piss the staff off.

They just wheeled and sealed there way to a top grade for the first two rounds and then this happens! Would change there whole view on this draft. I think the appeal with Manziel was with the ability to have him throwing to Gordon and bailing him out as he learned. Plus imagine Johnny running around giving Gordon even more time to get open then throwing it up. Would have def been appealing.

Ohwell , my fantasy team is also screwed now.
They knew?!?!

And here I was giving the Browns props for actually approaching this draft smartly. Then this s**t comes out. Clown organization.

Only. The. Browns. They made some good maneuvers on draft day, they got Manziel, their entire ticket staff worked through the night because of the call volume for new people signing up to be STH and renewals....only they could screw it up in warp speed like this.
Nice knowin' ya Johnny Football, you just got f**ked by your #1 receiver.

Pot smoking his way out of the NFL
Please, tell me again how Baalke is stupid for not trading for Gordon.

…..assuming that he really was available for trade.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I was one of the ones who thought we should have gone for the trade.

Didn't think anyone could be so stupid to smoke a joint knowing they were regularly tested and being caught would mean a suspension. I mean it's epic levels of stupidity!
[ Edited by Buchy on May 12, 2014 at 5:28 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:

Of course you're going to say that now. At the time, it looked good to give up a 1st or 2nd for the best receiver in the league especially considering how injuries decimated our WR core and we were stuck with basically Boldin and a bunch of scrubs.

It's easy to say I told ya so now but at the time considering the circumstances, it wouldn't have been all that bad.

In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't trade.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by baltien:

Of course you're going to say that now. At the time, it looked good to give up a 1st or 2nd for the best receiver in the league especially considering how injuries decimated our WR core and we were stuck with basically Boldin and a bunch of scrubs.

It's easy to say I told ya so now but at the time considering the circumstances, it wouldn't have been all that bad.

In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't trade.

Actually, most of the people who didn't want Gordon did not want him for this very reason. That he's a pothead and will be suspended for a whole season for any other violations.

Yes, its easy to sit here in hindsight and say good thing we didn't trade, but it was just as easy for those to foresee this actually happening.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone