LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
When i said he was a top 5 WR in the making, possibly top 3, and worth a 1st and 3rd, due to his incredibly favorable contract and sky high ceiling, people thought i was crazy....

You are crazy, but entirely different reasons.

Guess you have a point lol.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i think they wanted more than a 2nd cause I believe teams were announcing that they were more than willing to send a 2nd. Would of been nice to grab him though even for a first. i think if you put this guy on a winning team and a strong locker room environment he will stay straight. i mean its just weed, its not like it is a physical dependency. Probably smoking to distract himself from the fact that he is on the browns
I remember people saying how stupid Holmgren was for taking him in the Supplemental Draft. There isn't a WR playing better than him right now. If I knew that the coaching staff would use him properly I'd be all for giving a first and second for him.
So where's the fool who was arguing with me after I said Gordon was the 2nd best WR this year
A member of the zone knows someone who saw Jed York at dinner and asked how much did the Browns want for Josh Gordon. Jeds response was "two 1st round picks". So no I do not want to even deal with that. We are not the Redskins.
I thought he was to be had for a 2nd. And I was scratching my head wondering why we didn't make a go. But 2 1st rounders.. Yikes
Just my opinion.

They definitely wanted more for him since they caught so much crap for letting their prized 1st round RB go for peanuts.

If this guy could get a mentor to turn him around he could have a fabulous career and life.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Just my opinion.

They definitely wanted more for him since they caught so much crap for letting their prized 1st round RB go for peanuts.

If this guy could get a mentor to turn him around he could have a fabulous career and life.

They got a 1st rounder back for their RB, and right now it sure appears they got the better end f that deal by a large margin.

But yes, i never believed the second rounder nonsense. That would be a giveaway pure and simple. But even then half the board here didnt even think he was worth a second at the time lol.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude is a fkn beast. the next megatron. Should've traded for him.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dude is a fkn beast. the next megatron. Should've traded for him.

Different type of WR all together, but yes he is a stud.

LOL at the people who didn't want us to trade for him. He damn well would have been worth a 1st rounder even with him being one mistake away from a year long suspension.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
LOL at the people who didn't want us to trade for him. He damn well would have been worth a 1st rounder even with him being one mistake away from a year long suspension.

Agree. I wanted him so bad, but didn't realize it was going to take two first rounders to get him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i think they wanted more than a 2nd cause I believe teams were announcing that they were more than willing to send a 2nd. Would of been nice to grab him though even for a first. i think if you put this guy on a winning team and a strong locker room environment he will stay straight. i mean its just weed, its not like it is a physical dependency. Probably smoking to distract himself from the fact that he is on the browns

I believe his issue was cough syrup....

yea it really was cough syrup this year but it was and always will be weed. Just needs to lay of the ganj for his career, smoke all he wants when he's retired but he can be one of the games best if he stays on the right side of the drug test program
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I remember people saying how stupid Holmgren was for taking him in the Supplemental Draft. There isn't a WR playing better than him right now. If I knew that the coaching staff would use him properly I'd be all for giving a first and second for him.

this is what I was worried about as well during those trade rumors.. I felt we'd be wasting our high draft pick on an offensive player that Roman wouldn't use properly.

Gordan is an offensive player that you keep on the field on almost every play. With us, Roman and Harbs would be rotating him as if he were a dlineman like they do already with our receivers.

but then when you think about it, Kaep likes to throw it to the open man...and Gordan is a receiver that could beat his man and get true separation more often than not.

Demaryius Thomas is the closest receiver I see to what T.O. brought to the field. (maybe Antonio Bryant as well)...but that is the type of receiver Gordan is...big, fast, goes over the middle and has that extra gear to take it to the house.

edit- maybe not two 1st round picks....but maybe our 1st round pick and Jon Baldwin (before we showed the league that we didn't use him anyway)
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 10, 2013 at 5:16 AM ]
I've been saying it since week 3 when the rumors started that the Browns wanted to trade him that the Niners should go for it. I can't believe we didn't take the risk on this superb physical specimen. He's the best WR in the league right now and he has Jason Campbell and Weeden throwing him the ball on the s**tty Browns. I would have easily given up a 1st round pick and maybe even a 3rd round as well. Baalke and Harbaugh really f**ked up on this one.
Share 49ersWebzone