Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So much for the Patriots way to straighten out Josh Gordon

It's didn't help that Massachusetts opened recreational marijuana dispensaries
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

lol

The NFL really need to let players know they are serious about off the field issues that have consequences. Cases like Foster, Gordon, Hunt.

Suspend Foster 6 games minimum.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 20, 2018 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by boast:
I dont fault Josh for using cannabis to treat his social anxiety. it's far far better for him than using pharmaceuticals. it's too bad the NFL doesn't allow it. your body and well being is far more important than the NFL in the long run tho. the NFL will legalize cannabis use within 10 years once they smarten up.

All of this. I've been addicted to Xanax and it's f**king awful. Much rather do weed than take another benzo.

Not sure how relevant this is but my son takes cannibis oil to treat his seizures and it seems a lot better than Kepra which makes him a moody kid. Weed is half legal already might as well make it legal to use for NFL players (not while at practice or in games of course.
LOL I can just see them running onto the field and passing around a bong instead of the gatorade bottle during timeouts.

I don't think that added to a problem that he already had. Most people can smoke weed without any major problems just like most people can drink and don't become alcoholics. Addictive personalties and other mental issues are the real problem, not the substances they abuse.

That doesn't cure depression, anxiety and anything else he may have. People are focusing on the wrong thing.
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
Wow! we missed another playmaker

Originally posted by 49erforlife:
That was a mistake Lynch and I will just leave this here... smh...

Let's give the Patriots a 5th

Originally posted by redwood:
Damn, I would have taken a flier on Gordon for a 4th. He is a proven receiver with other issues. I would hope that we could handle those other issues and if not, trade him and try and get back some of what we lost. It was worth the risk.

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Our FO is way too confident in our personnel. I would have gave up a conditional 4th no questions asked.

Originally posted by socal1632:
A 5th round pick for a GENERATIONAL talent as long as he doesn't show up game day with blown pupils. Absolutely worth the gamble.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
f**k Lynch. If the Patriots grabbed him then he is definitely worth going after with our lame WR corps.

Watch him get record numbers this year.

Time to expose some of these bros. Time to eat crow.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Dec 20, 2018 at 1:28 PM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
Wow! we missed another playmaker

Originally posted by 49erforlife:
That was a mistake Lynch and I will just leave this here... smh...

Let's give the Patriots a 5th

Originally posted by redwood:
Damn, I would have taken a flier on Gordon for a 4th. He is a proven receiver with other issues. I would hope that we could handle those other issues and if not, trade him and try and get back some of what we lost. It was worth the risk.

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Our FO is way too confident in our personnel. I would have gave up a conditional 4th no questions asked.

Originally posted by socal1632:
A 5th round pick for a GENERATIONAL talent as long as he doesn't show up game day with blown pupils. Absolutely worth the gamble.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
f**k Lynch. If the Patriots grabbed him then he is definitely worth going after with our lame WR corps.

Watch him get record numbers this year.

Time to expose some of these bros. Time to eat crow.
Soooooo......what were they saying about Lynch not trying to get him?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by crabman82:

ShanaLynch looks less stupid?

It never looked stupid in the first place. If people would quit reacting in the moment to every bleeping thing. Gordon's problems are well documented and the issue never was his on the field performance. It'll get real interesting when we hit the offseason.

Agree

Gordon is his own worst enemy.

Worst case scenario hes cut and we lose out on a draft pick. Which we've been pretty good at doing without trading for players

Another productive game from Gordon....F.O looks dumb

Yup. Our front office looks real dumb. We have so many picks to blow this year.
When I was his age, I liked smoking weed more than anything in the world. I prob would a quit football to smoke all day.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Dec 20, 2018 at 2:30 PM ]

what did he do? did he just get busted smoking again?
Originally posted by T-9ers:
When I was his age, I liked smoking weed more than anything in the world. I prob would a quit football to smoke all day.

The thing is, his issue isn't just weed. He did an interview where he admitted to being addicted to various drugs such as cocaine, Xanax, oxycodone, codeine, alcohol and others. People have this idea that he's just a pothead but he was struggling with all kinds of stuff.
I can't say I'm surprised.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Thought it was a 5th round pick?

It was conditional. He had to hit so many games so maybe it got to a 5th. He played 11.

I read he just had to play in 10 games for it to be a 5th. If it was less Cleveland would've had to have given them 7th.
Gordon seems to be a tortured soul...he's had a bunch of chances to straighten himself out and just can't seem to do it. Belichick knew there was a chance he'd relapse & hoped he wouldn't. Hard to understand how a guy as talented as he is would struggle so badly...but those struggles don't have any regard for talent, unfortunately. I feel for him, but it's really up to him to get the help he needs to save his life.
Share 49ersWebzone