There are 150 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by okdkid:
It's been widely reported that they will be releasing him from IR when his injury is healed (2-4 weeks?). It's just a bone bruise.

There have been no reports about him being aloof with the Patriots -- missing meetings, etc. However, he has definitely been less explosive in his play this year. That is clear to anybody who watches the film. He's not the player he used to be...for whatever reason.

Now this makes more sense. I agree is play has been underwhelming this yr.

Not sure he's sticking in NE for 2-4 weeks though. Maybe and injury settlement?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 23, 2019 at 6:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Now this makes more sense. I agree is play has been underwhelming this yr.

Not sure he's sticking in NE for 2-4 weeks though. Maybe and injury settlement?

I think they won't cut him until the mandatory waiver wire kicks in a week or two from now, meaning even vested veterans like Gordon have to go through the waiver process so it increases the odds that some crap team claims him and he doesn't get signed by a contender.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think they won't cut him until the mandatory waiver wire kicks in a week or two from now, meaning even vested veterans like Gordon have to go through the waiver process so it increases the odds that some crap team claims him and he doesn't get signed by a contender.

Niners fans gonna be banging that drum hard when he's available watch
So um, is everyone that flamed Lynch for not trading for him last year going to come back and admit they were wrong?
NE also has Harry coming back soon. Just seems like they got a lot of guys and Gordon not being in the long term plans let's end it here. With Tom's diminishing arm he may be a shrinking fit.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 23, 2019 at 9:42 PM ]
Originally posted by matt49er:
Niners fans gonna be banging that drum hard when he's available watch

People have been banging that drum for like a decade and will keep it going until he's in his mid 40s.
Why the hell would the patriots release him? So confusing
He's only 28..people acting like he's in his late 30's.
Now I hear of talks of them may want to go after OBJ? WTF?
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

John Dorsey isnt going to give him to NE unless they severely overpay

They simply don't have the cap space to absorb OBJs cap hit.

Zero chance of that happening
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That's a very BB thing to do, smart move if they don't want Gordon long term. Put him on short term IR, release him and let the cellar dwelling teams fight over him in a claim ensuring a relevant team doesn't snatch him up for services this year. Also agree, Gordon doesn't look right this year.

Side note: I thought NE was going to have a boondoggle of riches at WR with Gordon, AB, and Edelman running free. Crazy what a couple months can do...but yet they're still undefeated.
[ Edited by ltrain on Oct 24, 2019 at 8:08 AM ]
Wasted Talent.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

They just may. It could guarantee an undefeated season before BB and TB retires.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

They just may. It could guarantee an undefeated season before BB and TB retires.

Who would want that other than NE patriots and their fans?!? Certainly not another AFC team. Patriots 1st rounder is almost guaranteed to be pretty much a 2nd rounder already so I don't think they have the capital unless they give up players and high draft picks.
Share 49ersWebzone