LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Is that how it works? I thought that was fantasy football

Because we're several weeks into the season, it's based on current 2019 record.

We basically are last lol
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Is there anywhere that states this?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Give them a late round pick
Originally posted by Scottie15:

Google. Also a Pelissero tweet.
Originally posted by Scottie15:

Waiver order resets like the third or fourth week of the season. A few weeks back, one of the Cards beat guys was sarcastically complaining that they were no longer first in the waiver order.
Watch I bet now that he's not on the Patriots he'll get suspended
If we have a chance I say we get him. All gas no breaks
Originally posted by SFrush:
New Orleans is relying on a 34 year old Ted Ginn Jr as their second WR. I think they might try to make it work with Gordon.

Thats fine by me. I think that he is far more likely to wind up suspended again than be any kind of meaningful contributor for them. The Patriots have a need at WR and are still letting him go. That speaks volumes.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Thats fine by me. I think that he is far more likely to wind up suspended again than be any kind of meaningful contributor for them. The Patriots have a need at WR and are still letting him go. That speaks volumes.

I'm not jumping to conclusions there...they need a roster spot for Sanu and Gordon is a little banged up. Not sure why putting him on IR = suspension either?

I think throwing him in IR saves them some cash which they're tight with right now ( $2M in space)

Originally posted by Oilcan:
Nope it's obvious something else is going on, just waiting for it to come out.

Why? How does being put on IR = something is wrong? Imo it's more because they need cap relief and a roster spot for Sanu
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm not jumping to conclusions there...they need a roster spot for Sanu and Gordon is a little banged up. Not sure why putting him on IR = suspension either?

I think throwing him in IR saves them some cash which they're tight with right now ( $2M in space)

If he's healthy to play almost immediately then he's not that banged up. Whatever they are saving in cash isn't more valuable than what having a healthy Gordon for the playoffs could mean for their offense. I think they just finally had enough.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If he's healthy to play almost immediately then he's not that banged up. Whatever they are saving in cash isn't more valuable than what having a healthy Gordon for the playoffs could mean for their offense. I think they just finally had enough.

There's literally no proof of him doing anything and he was just as shocked as everyone else that they were gonna randomly throw him on IR.

That dude probably gets drug tested more than any football player in the league, also if it was something like that why would they put him on IR?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I bet he's getting suspended soon
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
There's literally no proof of him doing anything and he was just as shocked as everyone else that they were gonna randomly throw him on IR.

That dude probably gets drug tested more than any football player in the league, also if it was something like that why would they put him on IR?

It's been widely reported that they will be releasing him from IR when his injury is healed (2-4 weeks?). It's just a bone bruise.

There have been no reports about him being aloof with the Patriots -- missing meetings, etc. However, he has definitely been less explosive in his play this year. That is clear to anybody who watches the film. He's not the player he used to be...for whatever reason.
Share 49ersWebzone