LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Rooting for Carolina to lose

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Carolina lost to the Saints today, so they are tied with the 49ers with a 9-4 record. We lose the head to head, but if they lost again, we would get the 5th seed and Carolina would get the 6th seed. There is also a scenario where the 49ers could host the NFC Championship game:

1st - Seattle
2nd - New Orleands
3rd/4th - NFC East and NFC North Division Winners

Wild Card round:
49ers/Carolina beat 3rd and 4th seeds

Division Round
49ers beat New Orleans
Carolina beats Seattle

NFC Championship
49ers host Carolina

I think Carolina, other than then 49ers, have the best chance of beating Seattle in Seattle. They have the best scoring defense in the NFL. If they can keep Seattle to 10 points or less, anything is possible. So personally, I am rooting for Carolina to lose one more game and then win out to get the 6th seed.
They looked shot losing to the Saints. Cam wanted to cry ...again..

They looked like they knew that they were outmatched and intimidated into submission early.
Yup, Rooting for Carolina to lose so we can potentially get that playoff scenario.
I'm rooting for Seattle to lose so we get the division!
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

Would also be nice. They would have to lose 2 out of 3 final games for us to win the division. One of those would have to be a divisional game, so we would win on a tie with a better divisional record. But that is highly unlikely unless Russell Wilson gets injured.

Saints would also have to lose twice for us to get the 1st seed, but regardless, 2nd seed is much better than 5th or 6th seed.
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

Would also be nice. They would have to lose 2 out of 3 final games for us to win the division. One of those would have to be a divisional game, so we would win on a tie with a better divisional record. But that is highly unlikely unless Russell Wilson gets injured.

Saints would also have to lose twice for us to get the 1st seed, but regardless, 2nd seed is much better than 5th or 6th seed.

hopefully the giants f**k them up next week then they get the cards who are fighting for their playoff lives and the rams who have a pretty good D. it could happen. i dont think the niners are dropping another game this season my n***as
Anything can happen with Seattle. They just lost the Super Bowl in that locker room this was 1 of 2 games circled on that calendar
Carolina's last 3 games are against the Jets, Saints and Falcons. I can see them losing 1 of those 3 games.....
Originally posted by 99problems:
Anything can happen with Seattle. They just lost the Super Bowl in that locker room this was 1 of 2 games circled on that calendar

We just lost the SB? Not sure if serious? And does anybody here really think CAR has enough offense to go into CLink at take us out? IMO the only team that stands a chance to do that is SF. NO doesn't have the defense, CAR doesn't have the Offense, CHI, DET, PHILLY, aren't good enough period. Ya i know any given sunday, blah blah blah, personally if anyones knocking us out of the dance providing we do get homefield, is SF....
[ Edited by hawker84 on Dec 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Carolina's last 3 games are against the Jets, Saints and Falcons. I can see them losing 1 of those 3 games.....
anything can happen in the nfl but i can see them win out. jets and falcons are beatable apparently and the saints are not a lock outside of the superdome.

let's just win our games and see what is possible then.

Originally posted by hawker84:
We just lost the SB? Not sure if serious? And does anybody here really think CAR has enough offense to go into CLink at take us out? IMO the only team that stands a chance to do that is SF. NO doesn't have the defense, CAR doesn't have the Offense, CHI, DET, PHILLY, aren't good enough period. Ya i know any given sunday, blah blah blah, personally if anyones knocking us out of the dance providing we do get homefield, is SF....

NO does have the defense. I dunno what the f**k happened last week but on paper their defense is good enough
On Paper?
Dammit. They should breeze through the lameass Jets this upcoming weekend.
On Paper?

Tissue paper
On Paper?

New orleans has the pieces to beat you, the problem is ur homefield advantage is so good, you blow out teams even though the talent level on the field is comparable....like in san fran, u play new orleans in the superdome, its a close game.

I think seattle fans underestimate how much of a HFA they actually have and honestly believe that their team is head and shoulders above everyone else by ability alone.....FALSE.
Share 49ersWebzone