LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Gary Kubiak fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wonder if his firing has something to do with his health? What if the ownership group deemed kubiak unfit to coach the texans due to his health. What would've happened if he never suffered that mini stroke?

Overall, I think it's a blessing in disguise for Kubiak. Maybe he should leave the game and be with his family. He is/was a productive nfl coach or coordinator. Now he needs to focus on his health.
I have a feeling Jon Gruden will be the Texans next HC. He's inlove with JJ.Watt's left nut.

lol
always confuse kubiak with bill musgrave lol
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Please hire Roman.

Haha, Yes! Please hire G-Ro, now
With David Shaw in the mix, Greg Roman could and should be a candidate for the Stanford job.
Unfortunately, I don't see JH ever firing Roman.

So we have to hope & pray he gets offered a job somewhere - college or NFL.

My problem w/Kubiak is the "Norv" problem.

He'll be offered another HC job and then be off in 1-2 seasons.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Would have been nice if the 49ers had added Norv this offseason, dude is never getting another head coaching gig in the NFL.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
With David Shaw in the mix, Greg Roman could and should be a candidate for the Stanford job.

Shaw is not currently in the mix, it's simply the opinion of John McClain. Shaw fits the criteria that McNair stated he was looking for, having both NFL experience and HC'ing experience, and is also one of the hottest names out there so it wasn't hard to come to this conclusion. However he does call Stanford his dream job and did sign a long term extension in Dec. 2012 but that doesn't mean he wouldn't take an NFL job if it presented itself.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sorry for the medical issues, heres your pink slip.

I know right, wow, at 2-11, why do that? This is the side of the NFL that I and I'm sure a lot of fans don't agree with.

Originally posted by niteshade80:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sorry for the medical issues, heres your pink slip.

I know right, wow, at 2-11, why do that? This is the side of the NFL that I and I'm sure a lot of fans don't agree with.
I won't justify what is obviously a crappy way to be treated, regardless of your industry.

But to your question about why, I think the answer is pretty simple. The Texans want to find out 2 things.

1. they want to find out if Wade Phillips makes a good HC. If he coaches them to a few wins then maybe you can promote him and avoid making broader changes.

2. they want to find out what players step up when the situation changes. Going from a top team to a potential #1 draft pick is unusual. And you have to assume that they do not need as massive a house cleaning as other 2 win teams might. But the question then is, who are the guys that can go back to contributing to a winning team and who are the guys that are hurting the team?
Phillips as the permanent HC? It's going to be like Romeo in Kansas City or Singletary in SF. I don't think Phillips is HC material.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

He would be perfect in college. A down college program would be wise to reach out to him.
Originally posted by Jcool:
He would be perfect in college. A down college program would be wise to reach out to him.

Texas Longhorns
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I won't justify what is obviously a crappy way to be treated, regardless of your industry.

But to your question about why, I think the answer is pretty simple. The Texans want to find out 2 things.

1. they want to find out if Wade Phillips makes a good HC. If he coaches them to a few wins then maybe you can promote him and avoid making broader changes.

We already know that he isn't from two previous stints as head coach. Dude doesn't deserve to be anything beyond a DC for the rest of his career in the NFL...and yet there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think Dick LeBeau is too offended at having consistently been one of the best DC's in the NFL in two long-term stints with two historic teams.
Share 49ersWebzone