LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Gary Kubiak fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Gary Kubiak has left the #Texans facility. Source said he has informed others he is no longer the team's coach.

Sign him up for OC.

My thought exactly. Power run game with play action passing looking for big down-the-field strikes. Nice one.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Please hire Roman.

I seem to recall people saying the same thing about Mike McCarthy about 8 years ago.

Guess the Zone made a bad call on that one.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This is a business. Not a hospital. GTFO.
Please hire Roman.

I seem to recall people saying the same thing about Mike McCarthy about 8 years ago.

Your point? Maybe we should never let go of an OC again?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Recently, I have realized, that in fact, roman is a fantastic OC. He would make a superb HC in Houston, and they would be really lucky to get him. We will be losing an OC that has helped us to over 30 wins in 3 seasons, and he is truly a fantastic OC, who truly needs to be recognized for his winning ways and contributions to the 49ers success. I have no idea what we will do without him, but roman really is deserving of the HC job in Houston, and the Texans would be very lucky indeed, to get him. I guess we will just have to manage without him, but I don't believe in standing in the way of an OC who truly deserves to be a HC, when a vacancy occurs. I think most of those on the WZ will miss him, but on the other hand, it is very impolitic to stand in the way of an OC being promoted to HC of another team. I can give him my blessing altho we will miss him badly. But that is the way in the NFL... if you are really talented, then you deserve to move up if you get the call.

I don't know what we will do without him, but JH will have to do some playcalling himself...which he should already have been doing. If roman is asked to be HC in HOuston, I guess we all will just have to say, "good luck, and thank you". I have a strong feeling that the Jags, the Bucs, and maybe a few others will be calling at his door, but a shot to coach a team such as the TExans, is a huge break for roman. We will miss you Greg, but I hope you get your shot at HC soon...if not the Texans, others will be knocking on your door. Congratulations on the fine job you have done here at 49erland, and hope you succeed in your new endeavor.

Best wishes, Pasodoc9er

Texans owner was saying in the press conference that he wants a HC with experience. I do appreciate what roman has done for us but sometimes I do get annoyed with all the running plays that he calls. I'm hoping that with all our starting receivers relatively healthy, that's gonna change. I would hate to see roman go though.
[ Edited by pelos21 on Dec 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by pelos21:
Texans owner was saying in the press conference that he wants a HC with experience.

Lane Kiffin?
Please hire Roman.

Yes, that's exactly my point.

Surely my point couldn't be that more factors are involved than SIMPLY the quality of the OC. Like, the TEAM system, the offensive scheme, the head coach's philosophy, the quality/experience of the QB, the health/quality of the talent, etc., etc., etc. Surely, I couldn't have meant anything nuanced like that.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Texans owner was saying in the press conference that he wants a HC with experience.

Lane Kiffin?

Super Bowl or bust next year with this hire for sure!
Please hire Roman.

Surely my point couldn't be that more factors are involved than SIMPLY the quality of the OC. Like, the TEAM system, the offensive scheme, the head coach's philosophy, the quality/experience of the QB, the health/quality of the talent, etc., etc., etc. Surely, I couldn't have meant anything nuanced like that.

Dont call me Shirley.
Please hire Roman.

Dont call me Shirley.

touche'

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Please hire Roman.

Dont call me Shirley.

Ahh nice response! A joke that doesn't work when you have to type it.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
He just agreed to a 6 year deal, or something like that, with A&M.

Slight oversight on my part. Perhaps Sumlin signed an extension a few weeks too soon ? This is a pretty good situation to inherit givem they have some good talent in place and now possibly the top pick in the draft.

Appears they are looking for someone with experience.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Slight oversight on my part. Perhaps Sumlin signed an extension a few weeks too soon ? This is a pretty good situation to inherit givem they have some good talent in place and now possibly the top pick in the draft.

Appears they are looking for someone with experience.

McNair eluded to Lovie Smith in the press conference. I'm sure he will be looked at. I also think they might reach out to Jack Del Rio once the Broncos season is over. Who knows they might even call Norv.lol
Should have done this 2 years ago, he was holding the team back when they were Superbowl-ready. Horrible offensive mind, stoic westcoast system.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Should have done this 2 years ago, he was holding the team back when they were Superbowl-ready. Horrible offensive mind, stoic westcoast system.

If it weren't Foster and the defense we would have been. He was given one last chance and without Foster it shows how bad the offense is. All they really have is Johnson and he's not enough.
Share 49ersWebzone