LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins Play & Coaches Letting Go of Good Talent

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OC49erLuVeR:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Because he has been a disappointment up until that huge catch. Who knows? It could be the reception that gave the guy the confidence that he had lacked after his no-show 2012 season.

Good point...sometimes you just need that to gain confidence back. Hope Baldwin has that opportunity too...if it's not too late already

Crabtree and Manningham are back. it's too late.

it would have been too late for Jenkins also if he were still here, he wouldn't be on the field at this point.
Lockette is gonna have 2 Tds this weekend. BOOK IT
Too early to judge AJ. Gosh it's his 2nd year. He can still figure it out. Not going to care if he does pan out though because it wasn't going to happen here.
still rooting for AJ. Too bad for Baldwin Kap only throws to VD and Boldin
The team doesn't play more than 2 WR at a time. A fault of the team, for sure; however, the receivers did suck when they did get their time to shine....
Reasons 1A and 1B not taking receivers from Illinois.

Jenkins- Sissy, Undersized
Lloyd- Sissy, Undersized, Over-inflated self worth
LOL one catch and you regret trading that dude? Jenkins is garbage. Hes small, slow, and cant get open. Id much rather have Baldwin.

The fact that KC signed Kyle Williams right away kind of shows how they feel about A.J. Jenkins.
5 for 63 yards enough said.
The dude is trash, get over it!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
5 for 63 yards enough said.

I think Dominique Zeigler did that one year too.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Reasons 1A and 1B not taking receivers from Illinois.

Jenkins- Sissy, Undersized
Lloyd- Sissy, Undersized, Over-inflated self worth
ha , never thought of that,,, f**king miss lloyd i always hated her
"ESPN's Louis Riddick said on NFL Insiders Monday that he's heard the Chiefs are "very excited about" third-year WR A.J. Jenkins. Riddick worked in Philadelphia's front office alongside much of Kansas City's current coaching staff, so he has notable ties. Acquired from the 49ers in exchange for Jon Baldwin last August, Jenkins showed some flashes in his first season with the Chiefs, posting a 3-67 line in Week 17 and catching a 27-yard pass in K.C.'s playoff loss. Still only 24 years old, there's an outside chance Jenkins could push to start opposite Dwayne Bowe in 2014."

If this happens, John Morton needs to be packing his s**t up that same day.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"ESPN's Louis Riddick said on NFL Insiders Monday that he's heard the Chiefs are "very excited about" third-year WR A.J. Jenkins. Riddick worked in Philadelphia's front office alongside much of Kansas City's current coaching staff, so he has notable ties. Acquired from the 49ers in exchange for Jon Baldwin last August, Jenkins showed some flashes in his first season with the Chiefs, posting a 3-67 line in Week 17 and catching a 27-yard pass in K.C.'s playoff loss. Still only 24 years old, there's an outside chance Jenkins could push to start opposite Dwayne Bowe in 2014."

Yup. First he convinces everyone to draft his boy Ronald Johnson instead of Doug Baldwin, then he fails to develop our 1st round draft pick, resulting in a trade for another former 1st rounder he can't develop.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yup. First he convinces everyone to draft his boy Ronald Johnson instead of Doug Baldwin, then he fails to develop our 1st round draft pick, resulting in a trade for another former 1st rounder he can't develop.

All of this. This will be a story to follow here and we'll see if Harbaugh does the right thing. Heck, as much as I dislike Greg Roman he has done SOME good for the team. Morton on the other hand .
For Jenkins sake I hope he does pan out, as I said we gave up on him to early.

For the sake of us not looking bad, we better hope Jenkins doesn't ball out.

If he does, I will be one of the 1st to say we should of kept him, and had a real WR coach develop him. I don't give Morton credit on Crabs, or Boldin, both are more talented than any other WR on the roster. So they didn't need any mentoring.
Share 49ersWebzone