There are 184 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Fox apparently interviewed Incognito today and it will tomorrow on the pre game show. He said he's worried about Martin's health and considered him his best friend on the team.

I don't know if Martin felt obligated to be his friend because he was O Line captain or because the Miami coaching staff pushed it onto him but it really just seems like Incognito is guilty of being a constant drunken frat house boy.
LOL....His best friend...

So who did Incognitos dad hear all that nonsense from he was spewing on discussion boards?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

So who did Incognitos dad hear all that nonsense from he was spewing on discussion boards?

Was it really his dad?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Love quarrels
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Was it really his dad?

Everything points to an obvious yes.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Incognito sounds like an animal!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

i don't deny that incognito is a dick, a douche, etc.

but the whole thing is overblown IMO. martin needs to act like an adult. he could have dealt with this in such a better way.

I was being sarcastic lol
In the article the ex teammate said incognito would reach out to Martin
He even showed concern for Martin after Martin stormed out

i know you were, i was js
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Fox apparently interviewed Incognito today and it will tomorrow on the pre game show. He said he's worried about Martin's health and considered him his best friend on the team.

I don't know if Martin felt obligated to be his friend because he was O Line captain or because the Miami coaching staff pushed it onto him but it really just seems like Incognito is guilty of being a constant drunken frat house boy.

that's how i view him, people can't stand gusy like that, i get it. but it doesn't mean he's some horrible person the way the media is making him out to be.

It's his dad and it really doesn't seem like he fell too far from the tree either. That says nothing about their friendship. When you have everyone on the team saying they were friends I'm going to go with that..
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
They are ghey lovers caught up in a fit of jealousy and an attempt to stay in the closet

IMO
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's his dad and it really doesn't seem like he fell too far from the tree either. That says nothing about their friendship. When you have everyone on the team saying they were friends I'm going to go with that.

That is pretty standard fare for bullies and victims...the victims befriend them in self interest. Did you guys grow up in a convent?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM ]

His dad went IN on Pouncey, Martin and other guys on the team, he made a bunch of bizarre claims, absolute wall of typo's, censored words....etc, just nuts.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Did Martin whine? Did he run to the press? Did he start throwing players to the media? He didn't even go to the press until the team management threw him under the bus. Then someone, perhaps Martin, released the tapes of Incognito to demonstrate that the team was dead wrong in their portrayal of the situation. So far I haven't seen Martin on 60 minutes crying so I think he has handled this as well as anyone could or should have.

As for all the Miami Dolphin players giving interviews on both sides...that says a lot about the state of the franchise and leads me to believe Martin is much more mature than the average player in that locker room.

Ding ding.

Hilarious to see these big tough guys in the Miami locker room crying about the mean media bullying them.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]
I was being sarcastic lol
In the article the ex teammate said incognito would reach out to Martin
He even showed concern for Martin after Martin stormed out

That ex teammate hasn't been with the team since August 2012, yet writes as if he had first-hand experience with stuff that happened in 2013, the article may as well have been written by Incognito. He writes about the Vegas trip and the voicemail as if he was there yet if this goes in front of a judge, he wouldn't be allowed to testify because he simply wasn't there and thus it would be hearsay.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM ]
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Incognito was summoned to the league office prior to the 2012 season to discuss off-field incidents that apparently never made it to the public eye. (One of those incidents surely related to the golf-course incident that came to light this week.) Schefter also reports that Incognito was involved in a June 2013 fight at a night club.

Incognito reportedly punched bouncer Carlos Joseph (the brother of former NFL defensive tackle William Joseph), Incognito was punched as well, and security cameras showed Incognito spitting out blood. And let's not forget that Incognito allegedly punched and knocked out a security guard at an incident before the start of 2013 training camp.

These past incidents quite likely will be used by the Dolphins to support the suspension of Incognito as the straw that broke the camel's back. Or, perhaps more accurately, the punch that rearranged the camel's face.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/10/report-league-summoned-incognito-to-league-office-prior-to-2012-season/
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
That is pretty standard fare for bullies and victims...the victims befriend them in self interest. Did you guys grow up in a convent?

Another theory could be Incognito was mentoring him, which is by the a responsibility he takes on as OL captain, and Martin just couldn't handle his bullish personality. I'm not going to paint him as a bad teammate because he throws around meaningless trash talk about wanting to f*** his sister.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone