LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

**** WEEK 9 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/31 - 11/4 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Look at how they call their offense, they give their WR's chances to go up and make plays, 49ers end up with three guys blocking just to try and get one guy open on a route.

Lol. Sad but true. Roman calls it schemes.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Something didn't seem right about that Chargers/Deadskins game... trailing for the entire fourth quarter, Chargers could've won it in regulation. "What first appeared to be a Danny Woodhead game-winning touchdown was overturned and he was ruled out of bounds inside the 1-yard line, and the Chargers settled for a tying field goal at the end of the fourth quarter."

HOWEVER, the REFS were supposed to spot it 6 inches from the goal line. Instead, they more than doubled the length to 18 inches or more. Now, I know the Chargers have a Woodhead in Danny, but getting jobbed with 6 inches, then screwed with 18 inches or more can be overwhelming. It's no wonder the Chargers got stuffed at the goal line... the Washington "Foreskins" had the advantage of plugging all the holes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/03/washington-runs-over-san-diego-in-overtime/
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Baalke's infamous draft envelope said 'AJ,' & it was misinterpreted? @SamuelYLam: The A.J. in A.J. Jenkins must've stood of Alshon Jeffery.

awkward & inchek
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
why can't we draft/sign WRs like Chicago does....
A better/more accurate statement would be "why can't we draft/sign WRs like Green Bay does...

you obviously didn't see the graphic ESPN put up....Chi has THREE 6'4"+ receivers approaching 100yds in this game

dafuq I care bout GB...they're a buncha white boys

As soon as Crabs, Ham, and Patton get back people will be screaming about how we have the best receiving core in the league. I mean we did draft Crabs, and Vernon that's pretty solid if you ask me. If Boldin, Crabs, Ham and Vernon stay healthy throughout the playoffs I don't see a team who can beat us. Not to mention all the no names we have who will look like world beaters when playing against 3rd and 4th string CBs and LBs.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Awful Announcing ‏@awfulannouncing

Marc Trestman was Jon Gruden's QB coach in Oakland in 2001 for those of you who don't know, including Jon Gruden.
Man I wish Trestman had agreed to join Harbaugh's staff back in 2011. We would've had a superbowl by now. Maybe even 2. Combine Roman's run-game genius with Trestman's passing offense design.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
John Cusack ‏@johncusack

I want mc cown to start next week regardless of cutler being healthy let him keep playing till he loses - he's on a roll!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Awful Announcing ‏@awfulannouncing

Marc Trestman was Jon Gruden's QB coach in Oakland in 2001 for those of you who don't know, including Jon Gruden.

succeeded by.....Jim Harbaugh (2002-2003)
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Man I wish Trestman had agreed to join Harbaugh's staff back in 2011. We would've had a superbowl by now. Maybe even 2. Combine Roman's run-game genius with Trestman's passing offense design.

We tried to get him? That woulda been awesome. this game made me feel depressed a bit about our passing game, but hopefully it'll get better starting next week.
Originally posted by Antix:

We tried to get him? That woulda been awesome. this game made me feel depressed a bit about our passing game, but hopefully it'll get better starting next week.

I remember some respected board member posting that he offered Trestman the OC job but Trestman turned it down because he was only interested in returning to the NFL for a Head Coaching gig.

Originally posted by boast:
Rodgers did not break his collarbone. it appears to be just a separation. he'll probably play next week.

On the radio broadcast they said three solid sourced reported a fractured collarbone.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 4, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
Coming down to the Niners, Seahawks, and Saints for those top 2 seeds.
Seneca Wallis is such trash. The line wasn't helping him out, but he's trash.
I remember some respected board member posting that he offered Trestman the OC job but Trestman turned it down because he was only interested in returning to the NFL for a Head Coaching gig.

This was true. I also remember a lot of people here going....Trestman....

Dude's an offensive genius, it wasn't his problem that the 49ers didn't bring back Ricky Watters and left him with Loville, they still managed to have the #1 offense and Rice had the best season of his career under Trestman. I would have loved to have had him as OC for the 49ers under Harbaugh, would be a different, more explosive offense for sure.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Seneca/Cheeseheads
Share 49ersWebzone