There are 286 users in the forums

**** WEEK 8 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/24 - 10/28 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
I'm very confident the Saints will take them down at CLink. Ugly performances often carry to next week.

No way nobody wins there, it's where teams go to die, I'm not counting on it

Please. I don't buy "nobody" can win there. Seattle wins at home because they're a good team. There's nothing supernatural about that stadium. A good team like the Saints, who have an elite QB, dynamic offense, and improved defense, can win there.

That crowd noise is no joke.

Obviously. I watched the last two times we went there and lost. It's been established KC has a louder crowd then they do. When KC was bad, they still lost. Now they're good, they win. Good teams win at home. It has far more to do with talent, than crowd noise. A good, talented team can win at any venue.

Doesn't mean it's not loud. Yes, you need a good team, but that noise can have enough of an impact to tip the scales for who wins.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
if you're a seahawk fan you can't be pleased with that victory

exactly... theyre lucky to win, and theyre definitely not looking very much like a champion.
Meh whatever, if we gotta go to Seattle for the NFCCG it is what it is, hopefully we give them more of a fight than the last 2 times we been up there
I'm very confident the Saints will take them down at CLink. Ugly performances often carry to next week.

Please. I don't buy "nobody" can win there. Seattle wins at home because they're a good team. There's nothing supernatural about that stadium. A good team like the Saints, who have an elite QB, dynamic offense, and improved defense, can win there.

Obviously. I watched the last two times we went there and lost. It's been established KC has a louder crowd then they do. When KC was bad, they still lost. Now they're good, they win. Good teams win at home. It has far more to do with talent, than crowd noise. A good, talented team can win at any venue.

The D Line is a pretty good unit with some depth so they stay pretty fresh, they do get a nice jump on the snap being at that stadium though, and you see them get much more consistent pressure at home, so i wont downplay the noise all the way. But yeah they are a really good Defense and the offense gets jacked playing for their rabid fans up there in Washington, they come out of the backwoods from all over the state to root those f**kers on.

They can be beat up there though, the Packers beat em there, so i dont buy this 11-0 at home. The Saints have a good shot, and if our coaches get our guys ready should we have to travel there for the playoffs we can beat em there. We have a damn good football team, with a FB who blocks the s**t out of people for Frank and Kendall. When we get some WR's and mix in Manninghams speed and lien up KW as a #4 against other teams depth we can make some plays on them too.

We can beat them any day just like they have gotten our number the last two times. They realized our tendencies on offense and basically had our tells, they even said it after the last SNF game, if the coaches scheme better and dont tip our hands we can punch them back in the mouth. And def at the stick i expect us to win unless we start getting more key injuries to our stars. Our arrow is high up right now, the texans gave the Seahwaks all they could handle and the next week we dismantled them, we dismantled the rams with Bradford who almost just beat the seahawks, and the Titans they barely beat who we demolished, we can only beat who we play, and we are demolishing teams, thats what a good-great team does.
Doesn't mean it's not loud. Yes, you need a good team, but that noise can have enough of an impact to tip the scales for who wins.

If a team with a talented and disciplined offense (NO, GB) plays in Seattle, they can pull off a win. You have to go into that game well prepared for that crowd noise. Their offense struggled against Tennessee at home and they didn't do much against our defense either. The problem with us we lack discipline and make dumb mistakes up there.

Especially on a young QB who relies on pre snap festivities to execute the offense a lot of the time, that all goes into them having our tells and our number the last couple of times. The coaches have our next meeting circled, if we play the seahawks road team of 2013, i think we can win by 10
Originally posted by jcashen87:

The D Line is a pretty good unit with some depth so they stay pretty fresh, they do get a nice jump on the snap being at that stadium though, and you see them get much more consistent pressure at home, so i wont downplay the noise all the way. But yeah they are a really good Defense and the offense gets jacked playing for their rabid fans up there in Washington, they come out of the backwoods from all over the state to root those f**kers on.

They can be beat up there though, the Packers beat em there, so i dont buy this 11-0 at home. The Saints have a good shot, and if our coaches get our guys ready should we have to travel there for the playoffs we can beat em there. We have a damn good football team, with a FB who blocks the s**t out of people for Frank and Kendall. When we get some WR's and mix in Manninghams speed and lien up KW as a #4 against other teams depth we can make some plays on them too.

We can beat them any day just like they have gotten our number the last two times. They realized our tendencies on offense and basically had our tells, they even said it after the last SNF game, if the coaches scheme better and dont tip our hands we can punch them back in the mouth. And def at the stick i expect us to win unless we start getting more key injuries to our stars. Our arrow is high up right now, the texans gave the Seahwaks all they could handle and the next week we dismantled them, we dismantled the rams with Bradford who almost just beat the seahawks, and the Titans they barely beat who we demolished, we can only beat who we play, and we are demolishing teams, thats what a good-great team does.

I'm confident we beat these guys at the stick any day of the week but I'm not so confident winning there after the last 2 ass whoopings we got up there
Gotta be f**king kidding me, Wilson & Kap are practically identical in stats this season lol, except Kap can run 20+ yards out, instead of relying up on flags at the end of the line.

No f**king way they win in our house in December.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
if you're a seahawk fan you can't be pleased with that victory

I'm always pleased with a victory :-)

Am I pleased with the lack of offense and all the pressure / sacks RW took? Or all the yardage yielded? No.

But, in the end, the Rams didn't score a TD and turned the ball over twice. Hopefully, RW will take some lessons from this and the O-line will be reinforced soon . . .
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM ]
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Youngb:
135 total yards... and they win.

Clemons should be shot

Take out the 80 yard touchdown & you got a pathetic offense.

The Seachumps almost lost to the Rams

NUFF SAID
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Youngb:
135 total yards... and they win.

Clemons should be shot

Take out the 80 yard touchdown & you got a pathetic offense.

It was pathetic even with that 80 yarder
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

NUFF SAID

True but the difference between this year and last year, they were actually losing these games a year ago and still reached the second round of the playoffs. This year they are winning these types of games and doing it on the road. That is scary as everyone knows the NFL is all about momentum. Seahawks are 12-1 in their last 13 regular season games and as bad as they have looked offensively at times, they still walk away with a victory. We will have to play perfect football in the second half or figure out a way to beat them at home in playoffs
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

NUFF SAID

They got beat down tonight. Too bad they don't go on the road next week to play a good team. I'd like them to lose at least one more before we tear them a new hole on MNF Dec 8th.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm curious to what music he listens to..

Eminem?
http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/pages/softy_page.html?article=11777079

Share 49ersWebzone