LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

**** WEEK 4 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/25 - 9/30 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Antix:
HowTF can your team win when your QB is 12/23 with an INT and no TDs on the road against a playoff team???

The Seahawks defy logic.

We woulda lost 117-3

They get away with all the penalties we're being called for, and when s**t hits the fan, always count on a 'gimme' when it's 3rd down with the game on the line.

It's a conspiracy!

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Why didn't we sign Holiday before he was snatched up by the Broncos ?! The kid took it to the house yet again !!

I don't know, why did they let Marcus Cooper go who looked pretty damn comfortable playing for the Chiefs. Oh yeah, that's right, this team loves to bury its rookies.

Blame Nate Stupar or Ray Ventrone.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Hawks escape two road games with two wins they should not have had.

DAMN!!!!

Let them have the lucky breaks early, hopefully this s**t wears off by mid season

IDK, ATL won games just like this last season ... difference being, SEA -- IMO -- is a
better team this year than ATL was last season. All-in All, it's gonna' be an interesting
season.

On another note: Coughlin is rather Salty in his presser ...

Yeah very true, just wishful hoping on my part lol. The Giants falling to 0-4 makes me feel a little better, love seeing Coughlin pissed off
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Only 4 more wins by KC for that second rounder. Their defense is dang nasty and also that bounce back year the Giants are supposed to have, not happening.

I like Alex padding his stats with late TDs too.

He seems kind of un-Alex like with the Chefs though...he's actually making plays for them.
Originally posted by kray28:
Only 4 more wins by KC for that second rounder. Their defense is dang nasty and also that bounce back year the Giants are supposed to have, not happening.

He seems kind of un-Alex like with the Chefs though...he's actually making plays for them.

Alex is playing great so far. Kind of crazy how much their wins resemble ours from 2011. A mix of Alex not making huge mistakes, good defense and special teams.

Alex is playing great so far. Kind of crazy how much their wins resemble ours from 2011. A mix of Alex not making huge mistakes, good defense and special teams.

He's throwing down the field better than 2011 or 2012 IMO. It's kind of wierd watching him. Sometimes he has 20 yard plays or more. He has improved IMO. He's more of a playmaker.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Why didn't we sign Holiday before he was snatched up by the Broncos ?! The kid took it to the house yet again !!

I don't know, why did they let Marcus Cooper go who looked pretty damn comfortable playing for the Chiefs. Oh yeah, that's right, this team loves to bury its rookies.

Blame Nate Stupar or Ray Ventrone.

Yeah, Ventrone getting 880k this year to be Lee's personal punt protector and he must be a Seely favorite. Stupar I know played well the last 3 games but didn't get. I guess Morris is our compensation but I liked Cooper better. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned into a good physical corner but will have a hard time climbing their depth chart and won't likely get a starting job anytime soon with Flowers and Smith getting big money. If we kept him next year with all our FA's and Rogers possibly gone if he doesn't take a paycut he could have been anywhere from 2-4 on our depth chart.

As for Alex the Chiefs did an outstanding job of adding weapons for Alex to go with a great D and ST. He loves TE's so they got Fasano and Kelce. Re-signed Bowe and added Avery (could use another WR), they already have Charles who is an elite back who Smith can dump it off to. Plus McCluster to dump it off to. They looke like the 2011 version of us but not sure they will go as far.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran

I meant, he's actually hitting his receiver with tight accurate spirals on 3rd down etc. He's taking a few risks and seems more at ease with himself. I think Harbaugh had him playing pretty scared...and I think that Reid might be handling him a bit better.
Seattle losing infuriates me, but I think people are being a little bit cynical here. I mean, come on -- if the Niners had pulled this victory off, we'd be clamoring about how resilient they are.

The last drive was frustrating. Instead of being backed up to the 5 yard line, Houston was called for a questionable penalty, re-kicked, and Tate brought it out to the 31 yard line. Then the body-slam personal foul... ouch! However, the Texans also were the beneficiary of a pass interference call in overtime that kept their drive alive on a third down. Seattle took advantage of their penalties, Houston did not!

Wilson frustrates me to no end. He sort of reminds me of a highly-elusive Alex Smith. He seems to be a very good decision-maker, and his ability to evade defenders is unbelievable. His final stat line looked bad, but if you watched the game it's pretty obvious he took over that game in the 2nd half and was practically unstoppable when he decided to run.

Anyway, I was really pissed to see them pull it off. But after the 98-yard touchdown drive to get it to 20-13, I was sure they were winning. I also can't believe Sherman picked off that pass to tie the game... Schaub looked pretty good at times, but when they pressured him he looked absolutely awful. With how well our blitzing worked out against the Rams, and how awful Schaub looked against the blitz, I hope we employ a heavy dose of it next Sunday.

Also, if I can chime in with a cynical statement of my own... at some point, this "deflected pass interception" turnover well that the Seahawks are drinking from has to run dry. On our first drive of the game in Seattle, Kap's pass to Duke was deflected up into the air and picked off... in the Jacksonville game Bobby Wagner made a diving catch on a deflected pass... and today, Earl Thomas made a diving interception after a pass was deflected numerous times. All of those picks occurred with the other team marching deep into Seattle territory. Oh yeah, and then there was Deangelo Williams fumbling on the 5-yard line after a big run late in the 4th quarter of the Panthers game.
I thought Taiwan Jones was a running back, crazy play. STL is going to have 2 top 5 picks the way washington is playing. f**kers

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Geno Smith should NOT be playing... Not even close to being ready.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre

another Geno Smith turnover. That's 10 in 3.5 games. He's on pace for 40. Sanchez had 26 last year.
I meant, he's actually hitting his receiver with tight accurate spirals on 3rd down etc. He's taking a few risks and seems more at ease with himself. I think Harbaugh had him playing pretty scared...and I think that Reid might be handling him a bit better.

Reid has always done well with QB's, I said well before he was traded to KC that being coached by Reid would be very good for Alex. He's look decisive, has taken some risks, his numbers would have been closer to 400 yards passing today had his potato WR's not been dropping passes left and right. This of course was with the Giants shutting down their running game and daring the Chiefs to throw the ball.
Watching the Raider games always makes me remember how much I hated the dirt on the field at Candlestick before ATT park was built.
I thought Taiwan Jones was a running back, crazy play. STL is going to have 2 top 5 picks the way washington is playing. f**kers

Raiders switched him to CB before this year I believe. Says he played CB and RB in HS. He is definitely quick. Yeah, hopefully they don't. I'd hate to see them Bridgewater or Manziel, Lee, etc. I think they have to go RB high next draft... maybe not 1st though. Might be time to move on from Bradford. They definitely have a lot of young talent.
Share 49ersWebzone